Alta Loma School District Employee Reviews

Convenient job for my schedule.
INSTRUCTIONAL SPECIAL ED (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAFebruary 18, 2017
I like this job because I am able to share my personal things with my assignments.
i manage my schedule and preferences.
I earn a good money.
It's fun and peaceful.
Pros
It's not 100% that I will have assignments everyday.
Very unethical school district
Sub-Custodian/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Alta Loma, CAFebruary 14, 2017
I experienced racism in the most extreme way. Management were very racist and went against labor laws. Co-workers also were very derogatory and unprofessional.
Pros
Cons
all
Coaching the sport I love
Softball Coach (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CADecember 7, 2016
I work from 1:30-5. I work with three other coaches, we make practice plans for the next practice at the end of each day.I have learned how to deal with students and parents.
Pros
Getting to coach with my coach staff
Cons
Dealing with the parents that think there kids are the best.
Positive learning environment for students
Long Term Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Alta Loma, CAMay 19, 2015
Lesson plans include well-organized curriculum providing a positive learning environment teaching state and federal standards utilizing methods which engage students.
Colleagues and administrators help to provide adequate technology to reinforce lessons.
Pros
Positive environment
Internship
Internship Student (Former Employee) –  Alta Loma, CAJanuary 29, 2015
Great to work with staff and students. I was able to work with a 6th grade class the students were great.
Pros
Doing lessons
Cons
temporary
Busy, organized office
SR. PAYROLL CLERK (Current Employee) –  Alta Loma, CAJuly 9, 2014
A typical day at work consist of editing time sheets, processing payroll, identifying correct account numbers, answering employee inquires, maintaining quarterly tax return information, processing new hire tax, direct deposit an pay information, maintaining employee files.
Pros
Working in a positon that ultimately benefits children, paid health care
Cons
The pay is below average for this position in the surrounding districts.
good job
One-on-one assistant (Former Employee) –  Alta Loma, CAMay 16, 2014
enjoyed working there

great director

good coworkers

This is a great district to work for highly recommended.
Pros
good pay
Cons
limited hours
excellent district to work for
Crossing Guard (Current Employee) –  Alta Loma, CAMarch 22, 2013
I begin my shift early in the morning, assisting children coming to school. I also assist busses in & out of crossing zone. I have learned to pay close attention to details of things going on around me at all times. My Principal often leaves me to do my job with little, or no supervision, confident that I am able to perform my duties as required. My co-workers greet me in the morning as they are driving onto the school property with a wave, and often let me know how much they appreciate me doing my job. I truely enjoy welcoming children, parents & staff on campus, and being in the outdoor environment.
Pros
early shift, outdoors
Cons
no f/t positions, no benefits
Outstanding working environment
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Alta Loma, CAJune 6, 2012
First, I would check out the bus to ensure the bus was in excellent working order and report any problems to the mechanics. Safely transport students to and from school, manage student behavior on bus and at bus stops, and follow all The Department of Motor Vehicle Rules & Regulations. I never really thought about it before I became a driver, but the drivers have a morning, mid morning and afternoon routes with down time in between shifts. At first, I didn't think that I would like it, however it gave you time to run your errands, sleep or spend time with the other drivers. This enable the office to have a warm family atmosphere which was the most enjoyable part. The school district was going through transportation budget cuts and management kept communication open and really tried to keep all employees. The hardest part was the waiting 3-4 months to find out if there would be lay-offs and if it would affect me. I loved this job and was heartbroken to be laid-off
Pros
great management, working environment, wonderful family atmosphere
Cons
no benefits and the hours vary day to day
Fun place to work.
Child Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Alta Loma, CAApril 13, 2012
Because this job involves working with children, every day brings new experiences. At my age I am still learning new things through the children and co-workers I work with every day!
Pros
teaching kids how to solve issues and problems.
Cons
full time postions not available.
Services for speech-language therapy
Speech-Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Alta Loma, CAMarch 2, 2012
This job included the remediation of speech-language services after school for 1 student. I was hired to deliver speech therapy to him after school.
Pros
good money for the time worked
Cons
parent did not always bring child, did not call to cancel therapy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alta Loma School District. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3