Alta Resources Employee Reviews

Best Job I have ever had
Consumer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WI 54956August 16, 2017
Love Alta Resources! Best job I have ever had and I have had many. I recommend Alta Resources to family, friends and strangers. They are flexible and understanding. Just communicate with your leaders and they will work with you. Great leadership and training. Great pay for an entry position.
This is was a temporary workplace
Licensed Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAAugust 12, 2017
They pay for your training and licenses. The group I with (Anthem) was SO mismanaged and unorganized. We were not properly prepared for the job we were asked to perform. The job we were hired for was not the job we were asked to do. Due to the fact that Alta was unable to fuflill the contract with Anthem we were asked making cold calls for the majority of OE.
Pros
unemployment
Cons
Unorganized
not enough training on systems
CCR (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 11, 2017
so, you get 2 weeks training before they throw you on the floor. Most of it boring and out of a book . We had very little hands on training on the systems we are supposed to use then they throw you on the floor. Very stressful. FCA is a brand new client for them so they should make sure CCR are properly trained on the systems before going live on the floor. So many different sites and systems to look and check for each customer call.Confusing. Oh and they monitor how many times you use the bathroom during a shift.Really??other than your scheduled 15 minute breaks and 30 min lunch you are only allowed to be away from your desk for 6 minutes out of your shift without getting points.
Great company
Bilingual Licensed Sales Agent for BCBS (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 9, 2017
Specially for College students who need a flexible schedule. Full time is rarely offered. Health benefits offered to employees that work 30 or more hours.
not worth it
Health Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FL 33907August 6, 2017
other than willing to train and get me licensed, this company did nothing more than work you like a horse and then cut you off once the open enrollment period is over.
Professional
Customer Care Lead (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAAugust 6, 2017
Alta Resources is where I would say I learned the most. I learned to be more efficient, quick on my feet, determined, more confident, ext. Very professional work environment, which was nice. I absorbed as much as possible.
Pros
Learned a lot
Cons
Not close to home
great place to work for
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIAugust 5, 2017
I was at alta resources for a very short time, however the time I was there it was a really great place to work for. ton of different departments to work in and they treat their employees really well.
Flexible Work Schedule and Fun People
Quality Assurance Representative (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WIAugust 3, 2017
Alta is a good place to work and start your career - I have been there for a little over 7 years --- so that should tell you something. I did feel at times that I wasn't making the kind of money I should doing what I am doing.
non-productive
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 2, 2017
I would check in and then just wait for a call to come in. in the meantime i would usually check the news. Most of the time it was pretty slow. But there were days where they were too hectic
Nice place to work, but gets boring after a while.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 26, 2017
I worked there for a couple months, and it was good most of the time. Some days are more intense with more calls. I enjoyed it, but I got tired of sitting down all day, and it was a temporary position, so I got laid off.
Pros
free food sometimes
Cons
short breaks, too strict with breaks and time.

Want to know more about Alta Resources?

Ask a question
brand new but too stressful
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 25, 2017
the program they started with fca is brand new but also way too stressful. they have us hunting through 7 different sites and computer programs for customers. nurses who worked in the trauma ward said this was way more stressful than that of the hospital. they should be seperating the workloads
Large, stable company with alot of opportunities.
Account Manager/Client Representative (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIJuly 22, 2017
Good company to work for. Well established and great upper management. Opportunity for growth and advancement. Nice facility and parking garages. Very nice lunch room with a food vendor daily.
Pros
Clean building, good managers, nice lunch room.
Cons
Employees must pay for monthly parking.
Alta
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Menasha, WIJuly 12, 2017
At Alta resources I am a phone rep and I sit on the phones and answer calls through out the day. There are a number of things I get calls about each day.
Working at Alta has opened other avenues
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brea, CAJuly 9, 2017
Working here I've seen personal grown self awareness and a longing to strive to do better for myself. I've learned that many people have different characters and together we can build a better company
Alright
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Woods Cross, UTJune 29, 2017
-Over all rating 2 stars for being two faced
-job/life balance 1 star for no job training no one knew a thing
-compensation/benefits weak pay and the benefits sucked it didn't cover anything with high deductibles.
-Job/Security 1 star because when new management took over it was an utter joke because if you didn't brown nose or kiss their butt you were outcasts
-Management when new management fell into the hands of one person it got awkward and worst, the type of people that will smile to your face then talk behind your back, The newer recruits that were hired acted like a bunch of snobby teenagers that were still in high school. Gossiping about the ins and outs of everything. Which I didn't care for because no one likes that environment.
-Job Culture none of any sort they cant teach you anything. When people are going to be off they wait till its the last minute to take action on things so they don't get behind,
Pros
some good people, some free lunches or snacks
Cons
management/team leads
Stressful, poor management
EMAIL CUSTOMER CARE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WIJune 28, 2017
I have worked in multiple call centers and this is by far the worst. It poor management, along with understaffed. Your above and beyond work goes unnoticed. This is not a job I would suggest to anyone.
Pros
Flexiabilty
Cons
Poor management
Overall positive, but not a good fit for me.
Customer Service Specialist | DVD Order Filler (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIJune 28, 2017
Overall, Alta is a good company. Being in the call center was not a great fit for someone who prefers data to human interaction. That;s not their fault. When I worked at the fulfillment center, the people were great but pulling over 1000 DVDs per hour just was not realistic. For twenty-somethings, that might have been possible, but most of us aren't superhuman.
Pros
Part time options are available.
Cons
Goals may sometimes be a little excessive.
Productive and fun place
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJune 28, 2017
The schedules are set so there are no unexpected changes. Everything must be scheduled in advanced. They are very flexible. The environment is really clean.
Pros
Lunch break, small breaks for your choosing
Poor leadership and management
Inside Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIJune 27, 2017
managers look out for themselves, don't provide much chance for advancement. low paying jobs, most available are incoming calls positions. high turnover rates...
Pros
not many
Cons
low pay, minimal advancement oppurtunities, low moral, poor management
hmmm
CUSTOMER CARE REP (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAJune 22, 2017
I worked at Alta for about 6 months. The begining it seemed like the best place to be. Then I met my Team Lead and the started the job role after training. Training was the only good experience I had even though it was boring. Not many trainings aren't boring so I did cut them slack. It was honestly my team lead and the environment I was in. I felt as if i was in high school again. Worst part is I was one the youngest of my team, yet everyone else less professional than I was at work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alta Resources. Our community is ready to answer.