Alta Resources Employee Reviews in United States

great employees
Customer Care Rep (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAFebruary 29, 2016
very great atmosphere. very team oriented. great place to work with great benefits and great employees. work doesn't feel like work and the days go by so quickly.
Productive Place
Health Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAFebruary 13, 2016
Great Enviornment to work in. Great Support for any questions you may have regarding the responsibilities of a position.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Unfair salary for Billinguals
Quantity over Quality
Customer Care Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIJuly 16, 2015
I was consistently within the top three for our department in average handle time, consistently had high call quality ratings, and was quickly promoted from a representative to a supervisor. However, I was also consistently 1-2 minutes late for my shift each week - that was enough to have me terminated. Mind you, my department's rules are set so that being 1-2 minutes late is the same demerit as being hours late for your shift. Also, I was not given the same raise as given to other supervisors; in fact, I was not given a raise at all.
Disney Destinations
Customer Service/Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WINovember 4, 2015
A Typical day is fast paced with non stop calls, but made day fly by. Quite a bit of overtime allowed and fun environment. Each call different per Guest.
Pros
Friendly work enviroment
Benefits
Dont work here
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 24, 2016
Alta Resources as a whole sucks I'm being honest. The team leads are lazy and don't know anything or barely speak English 3 are actually helpful. At first I loved my job but when they forced me over to member service i quit, it wasn't worth the stress. They always lie, they will tell you something and it'll change 10 times within an hour. Very unorganized. Too many people doing too little the management sucks. I hated this place I only dealt with it because I had to pay for school. Go somewhere else. Everyone is there but have no clue what heck they're doing it's a mess. Nobody knows anything. They sell the employees fake dreams. They will always say they don't know what's going on but trust me they know.
Pros
None at all.
Cons
Horrible all around as a whole.
Customer Service
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 9, 2016
When I was there this time of year is slow months part time. Phone are slow...I love to be busy all day long like open enrollment season.But, it's a part time job and clients just do not call in on a regular basic. I learned a lot about blue cross blue shield and I seen the other side of the table so to speak...working at clinic and hospital is totally different. I have learned outbound, RSC as well as inbound of company I used to pray for more hours to keep my mind business. I am not complaining that it was a totally different workplace than I am used to...I notice that people sit around and talk too much about personal life rather than being thankful, because at work we need to focus on positive things rather than negative. need more mature manager
Pros
i learned the other side of the table so to speak
Cons
no benefits or yo cannot advance in a timely matter
Great environment and co-workers, but the work itself will burn you out
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIApril 25, 2016
I worked at Alta for about a year and a half. The work environment was certainly better than some of the jobs I've worked and the people I worked with were wonderful. The management (at least on my floor) was actually some of the best I've come into contact with. My team lead was especially a fantastic person who really stuck up for his team and did everything within his power to help us and make our lives easier. On the flip-side though, the work itself became exhausting after a while. By the time I hit the year-mark I was completely burnt out. In this job you will deal with some of the worst sides of humanity and it can take a toll on you mentally. There's a reason Alta has such a high turnover rate.
Pros
great work environment, wonderful co-workers and supervisors
Cons
mentally taxing work
Awesome Team leaders and People to Work With
Web Content Administrator (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WIMay 11, 2016
This is a great place to start out at in your career. I enjoy going to work with positive people who really do care about your success and your family at home as well. They respect that life happens and never hold it against you if you need to take a personal day off due to family emergencies. Overall a awesome environment and extremely flexible work hours. And last but not least, if your in need of more training in certain areas they are more than willing to take the time to help you out and not hold it against you!
Pros
Flexible Hours / Work from Home
Cons
Low Salary / Not a lot of expanding in IT
Solid Starting Point
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WIJanuary 24, 2016
Alta is a fantastic place to start your career. There are numerous opportunities to grow internally. They have experienced steady growth over the last number of years.
Pros
Work life balance is fantastic. People are fantastic.
Cons
Still experiencing growing pains.
was a good job
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CaOctober 17, 2015
Its been awhile since I have worked there. When I was there the coworkers, benefits and pay were great. They were very flexible.
Not for everyone. Review closely.
Customer Advocate (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 4, 2016
This is a job where your position will make your experience great or terrible. If you work in Tier 1, Tier 2 or Tier 3, the experience will be for the most part pleasant. The supervisors are generally helpful and professional, and the pay is relatively on par with the work. However, beware of the customer advocate position. First of all, the course to learn is 8 weeks long, which is fine, but then the compensation is around $11.25 for new hires, which compared to the amount of work you do, the amount of stress in this position (meaning between calls, God forbid you are typing call notes longer than 2 minutes before someone is down your throat wondering what you're doing) it simply doesn't make it worthwhile. Any job that requires you to take classes for 2 months should pay more than a cashier at Whole Foods does. The leadership is a joke. Unprofessional, no communication skills whatsoever. The only good decision the upper management made was putting all these terrible supervisors in one department. So if you can avoid the Member Services side of Alta Resources, you might just enjoy it.
Pros
Create your own schedule, nice people, big break room.
Cons
Member Services leadership. Low pay.
Poor
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJune 8, 2016
Terrible team leadership, except for 1 team lead who went above and beyond, other then him, they are terrible.

The company consistently asks you to change your schedule to suit their needs and requires training for new responsibilities, but refuses to compensate for the additional work.

Be careful as well, they have some pretty bad criminal offenders working there as well.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Team leads, management structure
Excellent management, great atmosphere to work in with awesome benefits.
Bilingual Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAMarch 25, 2015
As a bilingual Customer Service Rep for Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield i was required to gather persona l information regarding social security numbers, annual household incomes. I handled over 200 calls a day back to back, answer all questions regarding our products and assist angry callers. I learned how to have patience and earn the customers trust. I got along with all my co-workers and worked hard enough until all our Team Leaders knew my name. The hardest part would be when it was open enrollment season and we had calls back to back everyday, i would 12 hour shifts everyday, 6 days a week. The most enjoyable part of the job was the management service we would receive as employees. Some days they would have employee appreciation lunches and have delicious food catered. Alta also was apart of many charities and it would have days where we all would donate money and have a "Jeans Day" It was great to learn and grow with such a good company.
Pros
Free lunches, awesome benefits.
Cons
Short breaks.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 21, 2015
Fun easy job but not very stable with hours or benefits, one week you may get 40 hours another 20 hours and they do not offer full time benefits for part time
Fun place to work with a great flexible schedule
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brea, CANovember 23, 2015
Alta was a terrific company to work for. I enjoyed my time there.
A typical day at work consisted of answering incoming calls and making outbound calls.
I learned a great deal about customer service.
The entire management team was terrific.
I did not know many of my co-workers because we were all on a flex schedule but those I did have the opportunity to meet were terrific.
The hardest part of the job was placing outbound calls.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting the chance to assist people with their needs.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
healthcare
Work environment fluctuates frequently, but has many benefits to encourage a positive attitude and environment
Sr. Ambassador/Resource, Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WIJanuary 29, 2015
I love working in this environment. There are many skill levels that can be used and many personalities to work with. Regular coachings encourage support and advancement and levels of leadership and accountability is high. Our team is large and we have many benefits of free products, free food and I am able to do extra by serving on the Party and Event Committee. Extra involvement is encouraged and welcomed.
Pros
quarterly meetings, free food and incentives, great benefits
Cons
negative personalities, fluctuating procedures due to high level of growth
The most enjoyable part of the job
Bilingual Sales (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIFebruary 8, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting goals and directives for the client. Growing and maintain accounts on a day - to - day basis.

This was an inside sales positions where I managed territory independently and with a small team.
Pros
Worked days only, no nights or weekends.
Cons
Inconsistant management team.
Friendly loving assisting and helping others.
Customer Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJanuary 5, 2016
Very energetic , love talking on the phone and meeting new people. My job is like my hobby I enjoy being there. I always said my customers are my friends you keep them happy and make sure their needs are met they always come back looking for you. My co-workers are very out going and friendly we get along very well is always enjoyment and laughter off the clock with them. The thing I enjoy most is just being here knowing how many people I helped and put a smile on there faces even when there down.
Great entry level position with no prior experience needed
Senior Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAJanuary 8, 2015
Alta Resources is a fast-paced work environment with a need for multi-tasking and teamwork. Here you can learn to use numerous different software programs through their thorough and excellent paid training periods. Management varies from department to department (as expected) but overall the consensus is that management is fair. The work environment is friendly and inviting, and many feel they have a close group of friends within the company. The most difficult part of the job can be the learning process by which to learn to use the phone and computer simultaneously, and of course dealing with upset guests over the phone. The best part of the job is the pay and the benefits.
Bussy and Fun environment with great coworkers.
Customer Service Specialist/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAMarch 2, 2016
Typical day consisted of Reviewing phone calls, Handling escalated calls, providing routing information, and trouble shooting for the Los Angeles, Orange County, and surrounding metropolitan areas. The people were great and so was the work atmosphere. The location had a nice gym with showers and plenty of shady tables to sit while on break.