Alta Resources

Alta Resources United States Employee Reviews

Great Place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Brea, CAApril 20, 2015
Loved this job, great coworkers, great managers, plenty of chances to move up and make a name for yourself. would go back
good place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee), Neenah, WIApril 13, 2015
This is a great place to work, and understand the basic fundamentals of customer service and what is expected of you. Alta Resources had taught me tho logistics to what it is to be a great leader in my future and prepared me for what's to come in my future goals.
great company
Supervisor/Team Leader (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLApril 1, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: need more hours
It's a great company to work for. I have learned a lot here and would defiantly come back. Management is super nice. Love all the co workers I work with. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I get to met all kinds of diffrent people and I enjoy that.
Great seasonal opportunity...but it ends there
Licensed Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Brea, CAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Pay, Paid lunches, great co-workers
Cons: Strict schedule adherence, slow business, shady business practices
I joined the Alta Resources WellPoint Department just before Open Enrollment season for health coverage. I was hired to be a Licensed Customer Service Representative. I'll list the positive and the negative.

Pros:
- Paid for Kaplan education and licensing application for the states of KY and NY
- Once my license was activated, pay upgrade of $3/hr
- opportunity to work overtime hours
- some paid lunches
- flexible scheduling
- fun co-workers

Now for the Cons:
- lack of organization
- majority of team leaders were unreachable and unapproachable
- LOTS of false promises

As a temporary employee, we were told if we did well and had all the right certifications then we had a good chance of staying. I was asked to stay past the Open Enrollment period but because the business slowed to a unbearable lull, our client pulled the plug on the department and we are all out of jobs. In a business sense I understand their decision. I don't think the overall company was shady, just the department I was in. They misled a lot of people and for that I wouldn't work for them again. I learned a lot from there and ultimately was able to find a better opportunity because of my experience there but I still believe that as a company honesty is the best policy for your employees, temporary or not.
A bit chaotic...
Licensed CSR Wellpoint (Former Employee), Brea, CAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Good pay and hours
Cons: Chaotic work environment
Granted there were a lot of unforseen changes made to each state's health insurance application process due to the new laws, but it would have been nice to have gotten a bit more preparation to deal with those changes. Other changes we SHOULD have gotten more information on but did not and we were expected to adjust to them without even a prior warning as to those changes. Naturally, every one of us was quite overwhelmed for the first few weeks. There are supposed to also be weekly meetings with your team lead to get criticism on your performance as a rep, but among the confusion, they happened more like once a month, if at all (for me, I got one meeting with my lead in the 5 months I was there).

They pay well and there it was easy to get your desired amount of hours and the shift that worked best for you, but it would have been nice to have clearer instruction and more communication between departments so that changes could be talked about and prepared for.
Excellent management, great atmosphere to work in with awesome benefits.
Bilingual Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Brea, CAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, awesome benefits.
Cons: Short breaks.
As a bilingual Customer Service Rep for Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield i was required to gather persona l information regarding social security numbers, annual household incomes. I handled over 200 calls a day back to back, answer all questions regarding our products and assist angry callers. I learned how to have patience and earn the customers trust. I got along with all my co-workers and worked hard enough until all our Team Leaders knew my name. The hardest part would be when it was open enrollment season and we had calls back to back everyday, i would 12 hour shifts everyday, 6 days a week. The most enjoyable part of the job was the management service we would receive as employees. Some days they would have employee appreciation lunches and have delicious food catered. Alta also was apart of many charities and it would have days where we all would donate money and have a "Jeans Day" It was great to learn and grow with such a good company.
training
Bilingual Customer Care Representative (Current Employee), Brea, CAMarch 17, 2015
It was good experience helping customers.Management was a bit disorganized with training sessions. Co-workers were nice. hardest part of the job is staying on the line with a customer just to no have them qualify.
it was an ok job
Health Insurance Agent (Current Employee), brea, caMarch 16, 2015
Pros: free food sometimes
Cons: you get payed every two weeks
it was an ok job the only bad thing was that it was a temporary position, the schedule was good, they worked with your hours, and the pay was good as well
Very productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FloridaMarch 15, 2015
- On a typical day, I would get many calls and talk to a lot of clients.
-I learned how to be gentle with people and how to talk properly over the phone. I talked with people that wanted to get insurance for their companies and they would tell me how helpful I was.
- I loved my co-workers. They were so helpful
-The hardest part of this job was dealing with difficult customers. Sometimes they would be very frustrated with their medical insurance and take it out on me, but I would be patient and try my hardest so that they get to where they need to be.
-I enjoyed helping people out. Even though these clients were miles away from me, I was so happy when I got them where they needed to be.
Great work culture and a healthy organization overall
Licensed Health Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Ft. MyersMarch 13, 2015
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: pay could be better
The thing that sticks out to me with Alta Resources is that it puts a great focus on making the work environment a happy place to work. It's doesn't just use up to date technology or equipment to help workers but really puts emphasis on hiring people and keeping people who are of a positive attitude. I love it!
If you are naturally patient and helpful the job is easy and the pay is ok
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FlMarch 10, 2015
Pros: $10/hr is good money for easy work, pretty flexible when it comes to hours, atmosphere is pretty upbeat until near the end
Cons: sometimes callers' stories make you cry, some callers are jerks, management competence is a crapshoot, the knives come out when people start thinking of layoffs, seasonal temp job with few possiblities of regular employment, timekeeping requirements are a little overly fastidious.
Typical day for a tier 1 CCR starts with logging into your computer. Afterward you will begin receiving calls. Depending on the day it may be 1 second later or it may be 13 minutes later when you get your first call. Calls are typically people who want health care insurance quotes but there is a significant minority of callers who need customer service on their policy; it's up to you to determine which is which and route them appropriately. For the former you run them through a script to gather basic contact info before transferring them to a licensed agent to run the quote. For the later, you simply transfer them to the appropriate department.

Some people are treated better by callers than others based on their accents and voice. My callers were very kind to me, but others were not so lucky, especially those with even light accents.
Productive and Professional
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Brea, CAMarch 8, 2015
Overall great company to work for. Productive and professional work environment to work at. Would of stayed longer if it was temporary.
Pretty cool place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLMarch 6, 2015
Pros: everyone is friendly, fun, free lunch occasionally
My position was temporary/part-time. You clock in, set your systems up then wait for a call. The hardest part of the day may be some of the upset customers that may call in but overall the job is fun and easy. My co-workers were easy to get along with and quickly became friends with everyone. Everybody is always saying hello and smiling. Alta is also REALLY FLEXIBLE. I switch from 40hrs/wk to 24hrs/wk due to starting school and ther was no issues or complications with switching my schedule.
Good Place to start career but not stay
Customer Service (Former Employee), Neenah WIMarch 4, 2015
Pros: flexible, great people to work with
Cons: no advancement, low wages
Great people to work with. Like family.
Typical day phones, help distributors and account managers
Boredom from repeating process
Management needs to be open to seasoned personnel ideas. Need to listen. Need training on how to be a good leader.
fast past at times
Customer Care Representative I (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLMarch 3, 2015
Pros: good co-workers
Cons: management not trust worthy
Prepare all paperwork for current changes to policies. Take inbound call pertaining to insurance matters, whether answering basic questions,transferring calls, or taking information for new policies.
fun place to work at
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee), Brea, CAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: bonus
Cons: can get pretty crowded during open enrollment
a day at work was sitting down taking phone callas all day, multi tasking, data entry
coworkers very firnedly
the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to assist customers
Laid back Call Center
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee), Brea, CAMarch 3, 2015
Productive fast pace work environment. worked with great people who where always team players and willing to help each other. learned a lot about the health care market
Great work envirnoment to assist customers
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Brea, CAFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: excellent environment to develop computer skills
Cons: computers may not work efficiently
At Alta Resources you must arrive on time to the workplace to provide the best customer service possible. Work with multiple computer softwares. Have to deal with deadlines as well as a busy call-flow. Provide knowledge in the company and be able to assist with any inquiries the customer needs. Provide an upbeat and willing to help personality.
Computers
In/Outbound Call Center,Customer service (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLFebruary 27, 2015
I really liked working there. Also a great place to work if you enjoy working with computers/ talking on the phone. Gave me a chance to help people
Outsource Service Provider
Program Director (Former Employee), Brea, CAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: transparent customer service teams
As an outsourced service provider the management team is extremely successful working with their customer teams to adopt the culture of their clients.

1 2 3 4 5

About Alta Resources

About Alta Resources In 1982, CEO Jim Beré started the first teleservices company for consumer-packaged goods. Just – Read more

Alta Resources Salaries