Alta Vista Solutions Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Very high turnover rate and lacking upper management
SMR (Former Employee) –  Bay Area, CAJune 13, 2016
If you are young and need a job and do not care care about working extra long hours without additional pay - this might work.

Glassdoor.com have an interesting mix of fabricated 5 star reviews and then 1-2 star actual reviews. If you read the 5 star reviews you will see they are identical in tone and message.

This company has put all its egg in one basket and if and when Caltrans chooses to change provider for their material testing - this company will shed 50%+ of its employees......

Read the real glassdoor reviews and you will have a good feel what you are signing up for - management is very weak and you will be a 100% disposable asset regardless of how good your technical skills are - if you do not know how to really service your boss and client in every possible way - you will end up like the 40% turnover rate every year......yes every 2.5 years you have a new company......

They do not give references BTW - only confirmation that you worked there.
Pros
truck
Cons
Priority is: Company, Client, Client, Company, You......
Good firm that strives to do the right thing ...
Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 5, 2016
The company is a relatively new firm (< 10 years) with a startup mentality. The management is focused on growing the firm and doesn't suffer fools much. I have to admit that I love the accountability and no nonsense approach to producing results. If you are looking for a non-demanding job that you can coast by and go un-noticed, keep looking.
The culture here is close knit and maintaining a work-life balance on some of these massive projects is hard. However, the management seems to get it and has been trying to make adjustments more recently.
Overall, I like it.
Pros
Great culture and people
Cons
Limited overseas work
Alta Vista a Pioneer in the Engineering Industry
Chief Communications Officer (Current Employee) –  Richmond, CAMay 4, 2016
I worked with the Alta Vista team for years on large projects in California. I was always impressed at their commitment to solving problems and the culture they develop around their employees. I joined Alta Vista almost 2 years ago and remain impressed with how the organization innovates.
Pros
Agile firm with strong and fun people
Cons
Challenging work, this firm takes on the big issues so come here wanting to make a difference
I Told You So!
Quality Assurance Consultant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 8, 2016
Came aboard with this company after several years (more than 5) experience doing this exact line of work. Previous firm was outbid by this firm (AVS). When I hired on in LA, I saw an approximate 95% turnover rate regarding consultants. Hint, Hint?

AVS is a Consultant firm to CALTRANS and has absolutely no management or leadership skills in LA (Southern CA area). When the client (CALTRANS) tells them to bark like a dog they bark, no questions asked. This is their management style.

If you like to be a drone (opinions or suggestions are not considered), whatever the client wants, have to text message every hour where you are at during the day, absolutely no respect from the client to consultants.......I could go on for hours.

If this career with this company is for you, good luck and god speed.

I went to work for another firm 2 days later and I had forgotten what is was like to be treated with respect. I should have left AVS 2 years and 10 months ago. 1 month after hiring on!
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
management, management, management
QA bridge work
Quality Assurance Inspector (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CAMay 26, 2015
Was good while the job lasted, they just didn't provide enough work to keep me busy and employed. There is no more to say about this subject!!!!!
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Lack of work.
Was working parttime with this company. They have good benefits and people I worked with had been excellent in many aspects.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 21, 2015

Want to know more about Alta Vista Solutions?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alta Vista Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.