AltaMed Health Services Employee Reviews in United States

Not a great place to work
MARKETING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Monterey Park, CADecember 28, 2015
The salary compensation is not close for what the market place pay to a Marketing manager. They are very secretive when you asked about your commissions and the work environment is very difficult to deal with it.
Pros
Name recognition
Cons
Not a place to work
During a typical day at work, I would provide Spanish and English culturally sensitive psychotherapy to individuals, couples, and family.
MFT Trainee (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CASeptember 2, 2015
The DVL Clinic is very busy, exciting, supportive, and client-centered place. The doctors, nurses, therapists, and staff are caring and nurturing to the patients and to the Trainees. It was a wonderful learning experience. My Clinical Supervisor, Psychologist, and Therapist were instrumental in my practicum. I enjoyed the friendly and positive attitude of the entire staff.
Pros
Friendly, caring, and supportive staff and managers.
Cons
There were no job openings for MFT Trainees.
good
Patient Service Advocate II (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAAugust 1, 2015
team work is good, really enjoyed working with my team. On the other side, recognition is not too good and they overwork you.
Great company
Urgent Care L.V.N (Current Employee) –  Bell, CAJuly 2, 2015
Great Company, really love this company. Growing company, it has a lot of potential. I think that within the next 10 year this company will double in size.
Pros
Benefits, PTO
Cons
Parking
a good learning environment
Medical Assistant II. I work (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJune 21, 2015
I work with various great providers who take the time to teach you. My co-workers are always helpful and are always there to lend a helping hand.
AltaMed
Managed Care (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 24, 2015
Growing company that has many great things to offer those that understand the culture and goals vision of the organization.
fun place
Call Center Rep (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAAugust 4, 2014
pay is ok . good benefits. first time at a call center learned a lot. would not do call center again
Excellent work environment
IT, Network Technician (Current Employee) –  Commerce, CAJune 3, 2014
Excellent work environment. Management cares for their staff and rewards them for their hard work and dedication to the company.
starting point
Peer educator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 27, 2014
A typical day, will start with a meeting with my manager and my co workers. We would go over our goals for the month and talk about ways to progress on reaching out to teens. After going outreaching to teens about our services and giving them flyers or a contact number they can call.
I learned to convey meaning full messages to the unprepared generations.
Management was awesome. Always made me feel as a team and their were easy to talk if i had a concern or question.
The hardest pat was observing teens in very vulnerable positions.
The most enjoyable part of the job was feeling great helping out our new generations.
Pros
making progresses with teens
Cons
walking so much
Ok but not great
Medical Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CAMarch 24, 2014
love the ppl there, but the management team and administration was something else when power shifted
Cons
management

Want to know more about AltaMed Health Services?

Ask a question
A great place with plenty of space to grow
Community Access Point Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 25, 2013
AltaMed Health Services has been a great place to work. The best part of my job is that at the end of the day I really feel like I helped at least one family get health services that they didn't even know they qualified for.

My supervisor has been very supportive. Whenever I wanted to branch out into something that wasn't exactly in my job duties but seemed interesting to me, her reception was very positive.

The hardest part of my job would have to be not letting last minute work that pops up overwhelm me, and when you're working with the community that tends to happen a couple of times a week.
Pros
the health benefits
Cons
the jury duty policy
caregiver
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 4, 2013
I am responsible for the care of patients my responsibilities include
•Transporting patients to and from doctors’ appointments
•Cooking meals according to doctor specifications
•I help to ensure that patients are comfortable and there homes
•Are well kept in accordance to AltaMed standards
Company is very employee focused and patient focuse too.. Goal oriented and they encourage educational goals.
Medical Greeter/Verifier/Operator (GVO) (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAAugust 14, 2013
I believe this company is friendly and I enjoy working with them. The staff will go out of their way to help anyone. I like that it is goal oriented and they encourage you to further your education. I have had the joy of working for Altamed for over 11 yrs. Because they offer employee incentives and many other services others do not. Overall Altamed has been a home for me for many years.
Pros
vending machines for cheep prices, been with company for many years
Cons
commute
Fast paced office, everyone worked with a sense of urgency.
Executive Assistant to VP of Marketing/Contract (Former Employee) –  Monterey Park, CAAugust 8, 2013
Very nice people to work with. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. I would have loved to work at AltaMed permanently.
worked with great people
Greeter, Verifier, Operator (Former Employee) –  Huntington BeachMay 23, 2013
Very busy fast past environment always kept us on our toes.
Getting to know some medical terminology, using billing codes to charge patients for their office visit and labs that were done.
Management was always understanding when you needed time off.
Worked with great doctors and great people there.
The hardest part was at times having to turn away patients due to overbooked schedules.
The most enjoyable part was feeling like I helped someone everyday and working with great people
Pros
the doctors and the staff
Cons
no room for growth
Enjoyed handling logistics for all major fundrasing events
Development Associate (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAApril 2, 2013
Major fundraising events drew more than 900 individuals and more than half a million dollars. Other not so upscaled events drew over a thousand individuals and over 100 volunteers. I enjoyed the pressure of having to "out do ourselves" every year.
Pros
mission statement driven - helping those in need
Cons
budget cuts
Productive and client friendly.
Health Promoter/ Outreach and Education (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 28, 2013
AltaMed is a corporation with a large length of extended services to its communities.

With AltaMed a typical day is to go out in the community and perform our duties with enthusiasm and dedication. At AltaMed I learned how to work with people. My duties were to approach and interview over 40 people per week; along with other duties. I also worked providing leading group support to people with severe stress and depression. As employees we were always able to go to management for any concerns or needs one might have. My co-workers and I many times had differences in opinions which were great because it allowed us to come up with the best options to better serve the clients. The most difficult part of the job was to get the participants to participate. Many participants were not so open to participating. The best part was once the participant joined the service he or she would show satisfaction. It was great to see people were benefiting from the program.
Pros
free coffee, parking
Cons
no work stations for field workers
productive
Peer Educator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 30, 2012
Loved this job, wish I can stay forever. Now time to grow. The people are really nice and caring.
Pros
family oriented
Cons
short hours
Great Start
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 4, 2012
Great Company to work for felt like a big Family. Would work there again.