AltaOne Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews in United States

If you have experience and a hard work ethic, dont apply here!
financial advisor (Former Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CANovember 4, 2015
I was recruited to this company and promised a lot of things. I left a perfectly fine job as this one promised more. After a couple months, it became clear that they would not live up to their promises and the VP only hired me to make a quick buck for herself.
Pros
ZERO
Cons
EVERYTHING especially upper management
great leadership
Sales Representative / IRA Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CASeptember 19, 2015
Altaone was a great credit union to work for, they always looked for ways to motivate and grow their staff. very professional environment
Overall Great Place to Work
Full Time Member Service Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Tehachapi, CAApril 21, 2015
A typical day at my job consists of putting on loan applications, funding loans, opening new accounts, sending nightly reports, and working on monthly audits. My manager at the branch I work at is wonderful. I get along well with my coworkers. The hardest part of my job is communicating with our back office as there seems to be a disconnect between the back office and the outer branches. We are a small branch and our main office is over an hour away. I enjoy everything about my job. I love what I do and look forward to coming to work everyday.
Overall good place to work.
Account Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CAJanuary 21, 2015
AltaOne Federal Credit Union was an employer that provided good benefits and compensation until the recession hit, after that several benefits were taken away and never returned. Company reorganization made for stressful days due to lack of employees and an abundant amount of work expected from the remaining employees. I did enjoy the people I worked with and the experience I gained in the 10 years I was employed there.
• Greets members and provides routine information concerning products and services
MEMBER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Kernville, CASeptember 19, 2014
• Receives, processes, and posts member financial transaction, including deposits, withdrawals and loan payments; issues money orders travelers checks, gift checks, share withdrawal checks and cashiers checks for members; transfers amounts from member accounts as directed
was able to learn and grow on my own
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CAApril 26, 2014
there is not much management support. The management team has their own personal agenda and does not support the staff. Wages are not up to standards and if they don't want to keep you they "dissolve" your position only to put someone with less pay into it. A lot of politics. Not a very fun place to work
Pros
no pros
Cons
no management support
Poor Management and NO RESPECT FOR EMPLOYEES...
Member Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  CAJanuary 15, 2014
This company has poor management and treats employees very poorly. They do not train well and most departments are like being in elementary school all over again. The training department is the worst of all but HR is also a joke. If you would like to be treated with no dignity or respect take a job with AltaOne.
Pros
nothing except a paycheck
Cons
management and training
Great Job but with a Lack of Life
Applications Support Technician II (Former Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CAOctober 8, 2013
Management was great! Only dislike about the job was the constant On-Call and regular work on weekends. Great stepping stone for moving up in your career.
Poor management and high school atmosphere
MSR (Former Employee) –  BakersfieldMarch 22, 2013
I worked for AltaOne for 5 years and never got more than a 10 cent raise. I knew many back office and teller functions, but was never treated like I was valued. Seems like they are just hiring cheaper, part time people in lieu of keeping their experienced, knowledgable staff. Good luck.
Unmotivated unappreciated work environment
MSR (Former Employee) –  RidgecrestMarch 22, 2013
This corporation is all about its management. It is run very poorly. Employees are very underpaid. They have recently let go of employees that have put in alot of years with this company as you might notice there are a lot of part time MSR position needed, that is because they are now only hiring pt employees because they start them out a a very low salary and do not have to pay for health benefits because part time employees Are unable to receive this benefit. Yearly raises are less than a quarter! A starting part time teller position at navy federal you receive full benefits and on top of that start out at 17 dollars which is much higher then altaone would ever pay you even after working there for years. This corporation is all about management and money not about its people that work for them.
a great family oriented organization with amazing benefits for their employees
Member Service Rep I (Former Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CAAugust 15, 2012
a typical day at work is helping the membership
i have learned so much about all credit union products and services
management is amazing
my coworkers were amazing
the hardest part is irate members
making someones day
Pros
great benefits and time management
Cons
health care is a little expensive
Assistant Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CAMay 17, 2012
A culture of respect and excellence, where the focus on serving the members, is the best way to describe AltaOne Federal Credit Union. I highly recommend working for AltaOne.

2.9