AltaPointe Employee Reviews in United States

Unprofessional and Crude
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALFebruary 15, 2016
I worked for the company for three months, I was a good employee and barely missed any time at all. We worked the days a week but they called us off most of the time. Right at my 3rd month my grandmother whom I took care of on my death bed passed away not to meantion I got really sick, and they fired me because I called off one day!!!!! I even fought to keep my job but they still fired me and wouldn't pay me for my PTO!!!! My experience there was horrible, they don't clean or dust so people are constantly sick. And they make you close into a room alone, one on one with dangerous consumers all night with no regard for your safety. Between this, and they petty management with there cliques, I don't see how they are still running!
Pros
None!
Cons
Low pay, nasty work place, unfair conditions
Best company to work for
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALFebruary 25, 2016
I have worked for AltaPointe for a few years now. Prior to working for AltaPointe, I have worked in other mental health facilities as well as inpatient and residential programs. AltaPointe is by far the BEST company I have ever worked for. The supervisors and administration really care about their employees and do everything within reason to set their employees up for success. I have learned more about myself my professional qualities by working here than I have in the time that I have been in the field (over a decade). The hardest part of my job is the most enjoyable part of my job which is working with a population that wants to be successful but has constant barriers to being successful. My job is to help them overcome those barriers and this is a very fulfilling part of my job.
Pros
pay, flexibility, supervisors, co workers
Heartless Company
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Fairhope, ALNovember 16, 2015
Do not waist your time at this company. Poorly managed, not a secure job, and fickled. Co workers are the only good thing about this place, other than that, is nothing. Please see all the reviews !! You have to be desperate to work here. Management not willing to listen to coworkers.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
AltaPointe is the best place I have worked
Manager (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALMay 25, 2016
When I read negative reviews about AltaPointe, I can only explain the attitudes as being those of individuals who would be unhappy no matter where they work. AltaPointe is the best company for which I have worked.

My job is challenging and fulfilling. I know what my job expectations are, and if I need clarification about anything, all I have to do is ask my boss. Behavioral healthcare can sometimes be tremendously challenging for people that work directly with patients. However, for those of us that know people who are mentally ill cannot always control behaviors, that fact alone only makes us more determined to help them regain their health.

AltaPointe's administration / CEO work diligently to fight political battles that threaten funding for services, to make sure employee benefits are the best possible on the market and to support employees that give their best to their jobs. I frequently suggest to friends and acquaintances searching for jobs that they go to our website to make application. I plan to stay here until I retire.

Anyone that invests of themselves in their job will do well at AltaPointe.
Pros
Mission, leadership, work environment, benefits
Cons
I was the Administrative Assistant for the Directorof BayPointe a division of AlltaPointe.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 17, 2016
I handled the day to day schedule of the director which includes attending meetings, taking minutes, assisting the co -directors (5) as needed. I copied, filed and made personnel files for employees. I run errands as needed. I assisted the front office and Receptionist as needed. I handled petty cash on a day to day basis.

I learned how to work with others and assist others as needed no matter what limitations that someone may have.

I worked for 5 different directors in the 12 years that was employed with Altapointe.

I was able to get along and enjoyed working with my co-workers. And when needed, assist them when asked.

The hardest part of my job was the thought that I was not going to be able to complete all the task that were assigned to me each day. Each co-director and the director had different task that I had to fulfill.

My most enjoyable part of my job was being able to help people with dignity and respect. When you work with someone with disabilities, you find that any little thing that makes someone smile makes your day a little better, no matter what you might have going on.
Pros
Feeling rewarded for your actions
Cons
Not feeling like your respected in your job
A very busy and fun place.
Behavioral Aide Residential (Current Employee) –  Mobile, Alabama 36695August 31, 2015
My job is a place where consumer come to reach their treatment goals. I come in at 7pm, give consumers their medication, talk to each consumer about different topics of their choice. I encourage consumers to make the right choices in decision making in order to stay out of trouble and on the right path.
Pros
You get to help others learn how to take care of their daily needs.
Cons
well night shift can be hard sometimes 7pm-7am.
Fantastic Job with the most amazing people. You will love it.
Behavioral Aide (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALAugust 12, 2015
AltaPointe Health Systems has imparted so much into my life and I have imparted so much into the lives of the consumers. It is a fantastic job. I am going to miss working for such an awesome company and around such awesome people. If you are thinking of becoming employed by them you would be making a wonderful decision. Best of luck to you and have a wonderful day.
Productive and Fufilling
Behavior Aide (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALOctober 17, 2015
Atlapointe allows you the opportunity to learn a great deal about mental disabilities as well as the clinical side of treatments.
Pros
experinces, education
Cons
long hours, low pay for the amount of work in certain positions
the hardest part of my job
Behavioral Aide (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALSeptember 26, 2015
I love what I do and my patients love me. Its a very laid back job but can sometimes carry a heavy work load. My coworkers are nice and very helpful when you need them. over all it is a nice place to work.
Love my coworkers and the population I serve
Worker (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMay 8, 2016
I worked for this company for 4+ years...I learned a lot from working here...things such as how to manage 10+ cases at a time under extreme stress and no support from your superior, how to survive on a low income, etc...these things prepared me to work at ANY poorly managed agency and to appreciate teamwork...however I left and now work at an amazing hospital where it is not a requirement to do 100+ roles...the best thing about working at Altapointe is the lasting friendships I have made...the hardest part is walking into the building everyday knowing that oppression is real...and don't try to move up in the company if your are not an butt kisser or Caucasian...management is nonexistent unless there is an audit...and oh...management will throw you under the bus, so don't count on them to have your back on anything...but as we all know you reap what you sow...so despite the negative, I made sure that everything I did reflected God and my character...and it has truly paid off in my favor...now the harvest that Altapointe is currently reaping...that's another story!!! :) The only way out is to relocate, whether that be to another state or another city, which is what many previous employees have done (I know because I keep in touch with them). The morale of the story: You better have a close relationship with God and understand the impact of bondage and demonic activity if you work here!!!
Pros
Coworkers, the consumers
Cons
Read my review

Comment – May 16, 2016

AltaPointe takes all current or prior employee grievances seriously. Please contact Human Resources so that we can investigate your concerns. The employee relations manager can be contacted at 660-2370.

Good ham
Behavior aid (Former Employee) –  Daphne, ALSeptember 18, 2015
After working for this company for many years, the only good thing to say about them is they give good ham. They also gave a pretty good Christmas bonus one year.
Huge company, but not enough advancement oppuntunities.
Admissions Professional (Current Employee) –  West MobileJanuary 16, 2015
I do intakes most of my work day, and I also work on the weekend collecting money for our substance abuse program. I enjoy my admissions, but I get burned out sometimes since I'm the only one in office who can open an intake. It's a huge turn around, so I don't really have time enough to get use to any of my co-workers. Last, but not least the hardest part of my job is the stress of not having enough staff on duty for months at a time.
Pros
holiday pay, rsa
Cons
low pay, overworked
workplace
Behavioral Aide (Current Employee) –  Daphne, ALJuly 1, 2015
A typical day at work for me is coming to a wild station, I always have to talk or calm a consumer down. The hardest part of my job is that a consumer might be rowdy and try to fight you.
Very Toxic Work Environment
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALNovember 14, 2014
Universal disrespectful dictatorial management style from the very top to upper middle management.

Overworked /underpaid front line staff and very middle management.

Everyone is paranoid and HR does not support or listen to direct staff.

No encouragement to actually help clients

Co-workers afraid of upper management

When I was left alone to do therapy or teach I loved it.

What I learned? To Thine Own Self Be True.
Pros
experience
Cons
low pay, no raises, poor inexperience supervisors
Overall, I would never work for this company!
Former Employee; Thank God (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALOctober 12, 2014
During my work experience with Altapointe, I experienced supervisors using former employees user names and passwords to complete assessments which as you all know is highly illegal! I also had a supervisor which attempted to give me this information and instructed me to engage in illegal activity. I declined, and reported this to performance improvement and nothing was done.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
management, budgets, support, and supervisors engaging in illegal activities.
Love my job
Behavioral Aide (Current Employee) –  Daphne, ALSeptember 16, 2014
My job here at East Pointe is like no other. I love my job to pieces the atmosphere of all my consumers and my co-workers is indescribeable. Here at East Pointe we focus mainly on the consumers and their needs to better themselves when they leave here. Its a lot of fun being able to learn new things about different people. My job has a overall rating of 5 stars not only because I work here, but bcause I love what I do.
Pros
cheap lunch
Cons
non smoking facility
A challenging work environment
Nurse (Current Employee) –  DaphneMay 30, 2014
A great place to gain experience with the most challenging of psychiatric consumers. Many challenges which require critical thinking and use of clinical skills. A beautiful facility with any resource requested provided.
Hardest part of the job is the negativity of co-workers who always complain, think they have it so bad and always think the grass is greener - funny they always try to come back when they leave - must not be as bad as they make it out to be......
Security is present on all shifts - which is great since you don't find them present at every job - they are helpful to the nursing staff and always respond when called.
Pros
meals available on site; advancement opportunities
Cons
dealing with difficult consumers which is not for everyone.....
A Company That Cares
N/A (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALMarch 5, 2014
I have been with the company for almost 4 years. In those years I have worked hard and been promoted several times. I am now in my ideal position within the company, using my degree to do something that I love and enjoy. Do I wish some things would change about my job? Ofcourse who doesnt have things they would change if they could. However I feel like I am very lucky to be a part of this organization that is making a difference in the community that I live in.
Pros
benefits, leadership, co-workers
Cons
pay
Friendly and professional place to work.
Alabama Certified Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALFebruary 17, 2014
Altapointe Health Systems is a great place to start a career in the mental health system of Alabama. I have been blessed with a wonderful supervisor who is very knowledgeable and professional. The other employees are polite and courteous. Working in the mental health field is also rewarding because you have the chance to work one-on-one with individuals in the community to ensure they have good quality of life.
Pros
friendly staff and good benefits
Cons
low pay
Horrible place to work*
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALDecember 6, 2013
"I think they are trying to turn into a private for profit system. That is the only reason I can think of why they are so worried about money and not so concerned with the care of "consumers". You are better off working for a private for profit company because they at least have some concerns for they people they serve. If you have a professional license such as a social worker or counselor, please avoid working for this horrible unethical company. I reported the company for neglect of consumers to DHR, and suffered dearly for this. This is no place for an ethical person that cares about the people they serve."*

* in my opinion.
Pros
none*
Cons
only care about money among many reasons*

2.5