Altaquip Employee Reviews

Great job
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dunn, NCSeptember 25, 2017
This was one of the best places I worked. Challenging work but management team was excellent. Must have excellent computer skills and be able to work on your own.
Not to bad i guess
Driver (Former Employee) –  Jasper, FLJune 19, 2017
Got asked if i was quitting a lot. Customers i delt with always complained about there customer service over the phone. Pay wasn't to bad for what i did but could've been better with benefits.
N/a
ASSISTANT SERVICE CENTER MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 12, 2017
A typical day at work--good
what you learned-customer services
management
workplace culture
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Good experience
Hvac Technician (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJune 12, 2017
Great hours a regular 6 to 2 off weekend. Not a good job for inexperience techs really no training just kinda swim or sink
Driver
Truck Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMay 14, 2017
the company seemed fine, but I was employed as seasonal part time so i am not too sure aboout the benefits. management was fine aned easy to work with.
Pros
good management
Cons
short hours
May 26, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to comment.
We appreciate you feedback.

boring
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 1, 2017
money was bad, really low pay, no room for advancement, no insurance, everyone was part time/ casual, open to layoff in winter. the demands of the job were high, but no one really cared.
May 26, 2017

Thank you for your feedback.
We have upgraded our management at all levels and are constantly striving to improve all areas of our operations, especially employee experience.

Underpaying Job
Technician Tier (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAMarch 27, 2017
Work starts at 6 a.m. ends at 5 p.m.in a dirty open warehouse. You are responsible for bringing your own tools to the job. Management was clueless to the work being done. Hardest part of the job is convincing yourself to go back the next day. Best part of the job is leaving at the end of day.
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Showing up
May 26, 2017

Thank you for your comments.
As a company, we do not require technicians to provide their own tools.
Management at this location is in compliance with this.
We do operate in open warehouse settings, and every effort is made to maintain a clean, organized shop floor.
We appreciate your feedback.

Small Engine Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Mt. Juliet, TNMarch 11, 2017
There was always work in the summer and you got alot of hours. The workplace overall was laod back and they taught you with no hassle. It is a great place to start out not knowing anything and by the end of the year you know how to do alot.
Pros
Learn how to work on small engines.
May 26, 2017

We thank you for your feedback.
We are glad to hear that you had a positive experience working at our location in Mt. Juliet, TN.

Fast Paced environment
Head Tech (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, MAJanuary 27, 2017
Great Place to work, Great benifits work load varies depending on time of year very busy in the summer and depending on the winter snow can get very busy in the winter months
Pros
401k, flex spending accounts and life insurance policy
Cons
Long hours of work, seasonal work
May 26, 2017

We appreciate your feedback.
We are always looking at ways to improve our employee experience.

Challenging environment with the seasonality
Service Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 12, 2017
The company has good systems in place with a good business plan. The service related industry has a production geared flow. The seasonality of the small engine repair makes the busy season very challenging.

Thank you for feedback.
We are constantly looking to smooth out the seasonality of this business.
We have made great strides in managing this process and feedback from all employees is extremely valued and given consideration.

Altaquip
Seasonal Administrative Assistant Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 29, 2016
Management was difficult to work with at times. Customers were not the nicest but staff managed to work with them. Temp/Seasonal position.
May 26, 2017

Thank you for taking your time to give us this feedback.
We have upgraded our management and feel that we now have a great team in Charlotte, NC.

blah
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GANovember 2, 2016
So when I started they told 12.75 and my check stub said 12.50 and then I asked they tried to make it seem like i was making it up. I would work there again. They play favoritism.
May 26, 2017

We thank you for your comments.
I hope everything was straightened out with your pay.
If any errors were made, we have an excellent system for correcting these in a timely manner.

Run
Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJune 5, 2016
This company will work you to death, and let you go when the work load is over. Dont trust anything that they say all lies. It is time for scott fetzer to hire people with knowledge on how to run a business. The service center managers do not have a clue on how to fix a lawnmower better yet drive a truck, and these are the people that they hire as managers. The local mom and pop small engines repair shop treat they employees alot better that a company own by berkshire hathaway.
Pros
Cons
Just not a good place to work
May 26, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback.
I am sorry that you had a negative experience with the management at our Georgia location.
We have upgraded our management there and feel we now have a great team in place at that location.

Fun place to work.
Materials Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 3, 2016
I have worked at Altaquip for over 6 years not. And only looking to leave due to a possible relocation. The company has made lots of changes during my tenure. Some bad, but mostly good changes.
Concept was a great company
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAMay 26, 2016
Long hours in the summer. Less hours in the winter. Job was close to my residence so that was a great commute. Low upper management support.
Temporary Assignment
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 16, 2016
Performed various new hire functions: drug screens, background checks, and I9-authorization along with administrative support.
Productive Envirnoment
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 24, 2016
Invoicing, answering calls. Communicating with the techs on what part they need for the equipment they are working on. Inventory on all parts. Checking in/out shipments on units. Management are hard working and expect things in a timely manner.
No vision
Employee (Current Employee) –  OhioApril 9, 2016
This company has had excessive turnover in senior management for too many years. There is no stability. There have been 4 CEOs in 5 years. Their systems are antiquated, and there is no budget to improve the systems. The overall quality of leadership is far less than average.
Pros
People
Cons
Leadership
Manage Small Engine Repairs.
Service Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 5, 2016
Managed a staff of 20 employees in the warranty service of in excess of 150 pieces of equipment on a daily basis. Including, logistics, repairing, invoicing and customer service. Responsible for profit and loss
The work is fun if you genuinely enjoy troubleshooting and repair a vast amount of equipment
Small Engine and Power Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Jasper, FLFebruary 10, 2016
I worked there for 2 years. The pay wasn't too great considering all the effort I put into it. Also the work is extremely seasonal so it is booming in the summer and you are fighting to make 40 hrs. in tne winter.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Altaquip. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9