Altaquip

Altaquip Employee Reviews

Friendly vendors
Accounts Payable Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harrison, OHNovember 30, 2015
Friendly vendors and customers, High turnover rate in management and employees. Some people were not up to cross training newer employees , they felt threatened.
Pros
Fun atmosphere if you were in the right department
Benefits
good people to work with
Small Appliance Repair Technician III (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 12, 2015
Micro Managed, unit manager had no control of unit, all management decisions were made from regional office or higher.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Poor benifits
Very fast pace.
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 9, 2015
Answering customer inquiries, data entry, greeting walk ins, assigning workload to technicians and billing. Management was very supportive and co-workers were very friendly and great to work with. The hardest part of the job was knowing that this was only seasonal employment and not being informed that the company was closing down this location.
Poor work experience
Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAAugust 30, 2015
Job requires you to work very early hours and a minimum 10 hour day, 6 days a week, no benefits included. Poor work environment, inadequate ventilation. Company is run with micro management. They push company policy but turn away from it when it is in their benefit. If asked to work for them, run away. It's not worth it.
loved what i did
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  north jackson, ohioAugust 28, 2015
unfortunately this was just a temp position but i really liked the lob and people i worked with. i tagged items that were repaired and ready for shipping back to the store and back to the customer. after tagging i would put item in appropriate lane for each store slot.
work vs. school
Small Engine repair Tech. (Former Employee) –  Port Allen, LouisianaAugust 12, 2015
The manager was good. The hours we also good only issue was the move from Hammond to Port Allen. I live in Hammond so, with the commute it was costing me more money in gas than i was getting paid. Other than that the environment of the company i enjoyed and, I also enjoyed the work I was doing
Meeting new people
Driver (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 11, 2015
Drove to Cincinnati twice a week delivering mowers, generators, etc. to be fixed so they could be brought back to Lowe's stores
stressful and hard wok
Driver (Former Employee) –  Pennsauken, NJJuly 8, 2015
this job was very stressful and it was very hard work with loading the equipment yourself up to easily over 100 pounds on many pickups and drop-offs
They believe in hardwork and integrity.
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 9, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of hard work balanced with play.
I learned to value productivity and be consistent. My manager was outstanding to work for. He challenged me to do my best everyday and gave me the resources to do so.
Pros
Work Environment
Cons
Seasonal Position
Fun Workplace
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jasper, FLMarch 18, 2015
A one girl office managing the phones, filing, working with the Home Depot Store Clerks and Managers. Enjoyed all the prospects of this job.
Pros
raises
Cons
not giving me family medical leave act
Fun place to work at
Small Engine Technician (Former Employee) –  North Jackson, OHFebruary 12, 2015
Fix all types of small lawn equipment, lawnmowers, weed wickers, snow blowers, leaf blowers. Co-workers were great, meet new friends. Down fall is it was seasonal.
Compelling place to work, business is headed in the correct direction
Multi-tasker (Current Employee) –  North Kansas City, MOFebruary 11, 2015
After the most recent change of Company President, the business has started moving in the right direction to become a great and profitable business. The open forum speak your mind policy put in place is awesome.
Pros
clear direction of the agenda and what is expected
Cons
none to list at this time.
❸ General Manager (Current Employee) –  1January 12, 2015
Nice Company. Enjoyed it. Good starting point. Liked my co workers.
Moving in the wrong direction
Area Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Randolph, MAJanuary 5, 2015
The company is losing business very quickly without a solid recovery plan. The future is very uncertain.
Great Company
Equip Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  orlando,fl-Lakeland, TampaDecember 15, 2014
Great company, great pay, good work environment, will always love to back to the job
Pros
great salary
Fast Paced Service Center
Asst Service Center Manager - Materials (Former Employee) –  Randolph MA.December 3, 2014
Co-workers were extremely knowledgeable and hard working, Made going to work easier even in slower days
Hardest part of the job was not having enough work for them and having to cut some of their hours. But by doing so they were able to keep their jobs until business picked up
Decent pay, good hours, poor management
Diagnostic Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXNovember 6, 2014
A typical day at work was getting all my repairs done in a timely manor. I learned how to diagnose and work on MICROWAVES, window AIR CONDITITONERS and improved my experience on using test meters. I wanted to train on other products, Management held me back from doing so. My co-workers were a great group of people, some of the best. The hardest part of the job was not working on the products but getting help when I needed it. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with good co-workers.
Pros
decent pay, good hours
Cons
poor health care, poor management, seasonale
A company with many issues trying to fix itself......Maybe?
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  USOctober 31, 2014
Do as much research as you can on this company before accepting any position.
I fault myself for not doing so.
There's many cons about this company.
The culture - Its very different from any company I've ever worked for.
There's no work life balance.
They expect you to take on more and more with no additional compensation.
When they lose people instead of replacing the position they pass the work off to someone else.
Individuals have not received a yearly review in 4 years (so don't expect raises).
They show favoritism among the employees
Lower level employees are treated like they don't matter while higher ups go on golf outings.
They do not treat there employees equal from the salary to the hourly. Everyone is treated differently.
Lots of turnover.
Inadequate training
manage on a personal level and not a professional level
The environment is very unprofessional and most situations are handled in unprofessional manner.
They do not keep their word, very untrustworthy, they will lie to you to get what they want.
How most companies usually may have that one disgruntle or unhappy employee, this company seems to be filled with them and there's maybe a few that aren't.
Certain individuals get away with the most unprofessional behavior and because they are favored no reprimand or corrective actions happen.
They treat temp employees better than permanent employees
They lie to your face and turn around and do the opposite of what they tell you when you are out of their presence.
The company is trying to rebuild and hasn't made a true profit in like 5 years.
This is not the place for
  more... someone who's worked for a professional environment and knows right from wrong, and knows how a company should be run.  less
Pros
can't really give one because there's so many selfish individuals in this company.
Cons
everything
STAY AWAY IF YOU HAVE OPTIONS!!!!
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  MidwestOctober 15, 2014
Based Upon my employment with Altaquip here are some known facts! This company is based on nothing but lies, upper management doesn't know whats going on they are clueless. communication is the poorest I've ever seen. There goal is to work you like a dog with no incentives at all. The turn around rate is absolutely ridiculous, they say they strive to succeed, the only thing they strive for is themselves. They have no concern for there staff. Its all politics and favoritism! Upper management hires friends of friends to run the corporate facility and everyone else is below them, techs are forced to have a high UPH however when they have return units not repaired they get written up and or possible termination, there is no pleasing this company, they are being sued by numerous individuals due to there lack of professionalism and hostile work environments. Don't expect pay raises or bonuses.
Pros
its a job if you need one
Cons
very unprofessional environment even with a new sheriff in town....
good place to work
mechanic (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTSeptember 16, 2014
i liked working here but the people there sometimes stoled my tools. I don't like to lose tools or have them stolen. I do enjoy working in the small engines. they are easy to work on and I like to get my hands dirty. it is good to fix something that was broken. it is a good skill to have. God bless you all!
Pros
the co-workers
Cons
the corporate nature

2.9