Altar'd State

Altar'd State Employee Reviews

Excellent Atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee), TexasJune 30, 2015
Pros: Charitable, room for growth, good atmosphere
Cons: Poor salary, poor time scheduling
Wonderful atmosphere with family-like staff. Previous management was not supportive/encouraging. Very charitable company overall.
Productive and fun place to work.
Brand Representative (Former Employee), Midland, TXJune 22, 2015
As a brand representative I helped customers when needed, helped with inventory and mark downs. More of a younger crowd that works at Altar'd State so the environment is fun.
Not what expected
Brand Manager (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 17, 2015
I love what this company stands for, but the job has not turned out to be what it was sold to me as. I am very disappointed that I am looking for a new job 2 months in.
Fun place for a high school/college job
Brand Associate (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 7, 2015
The store has a lot of fun things, and it's usually not too busy. People are generally fun to work with, both customer and employee. Management is usually friendly and inviting, but a little unorganized.
"Nice Environment"
Key Holder (Former Employee), Ridgeland, MSApril 16, 2015
Pros: 40% off discount, beautiful merchandise, merchandise was a great quality
Cons: Terrible management staff, more security (sensors & cameras), and low pay
I absolutely enjoyed working for the company! The atmosphere was super laid back but fun. The management staff at my store was terrible. They were too friendly and showed favoritism amongst each other. There was drama within the management staff which effected the way the sales associates worked.
Great place
assistant store manager (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMarch 13, 2015
Great job, clocked in and analyzed business plans and goals each day. learned all store ops and business acumen. co-workers were always a pleasure and I loved how charitable the company was. One con was leaving, wish I did not have to.
nothing negative to say
Acting Store Manager (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 25, 2015
I appreciate all of the opportunities. The work load is heavy, and the pay isn't competitive. But the people that I worked with were worth it.
Exciting and Fulfilling Job Experience
Store Manager (Brand Ambassador) (Former Employee), San Antonio, TexasJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: young company
Cons: young company
- The typical day starts at either 8 am and ends around 7 pm, or 12 pm and ends around 12 am. Once I am clocked in, I review the sales numbers from the day prior. I work up a game plan to improve the day's outcome, focusing on the team's strengths and weaknesses. I also focus on the year-to-date sales, month-to-date sales, as well as the week-to-date sales. Other methods of measuring success are units per transaction, dollars per transaction, as well as our conversion rates. Once a report is generated for the team, I meet briefly with management to relay the game plan in depth with associates on the floor. The doors open and the full focus is to cater to the clients' needs. This includes serving as a personal stylist, solving any customer service issues, and finding out community organizations that the company can financially assist. Constant communication with home office, as well as daily trouble shooting are a part of the average day.
- I learned the importance of a team mindset from a management perspective. The work place is a living organism, and it is imperative that whoever is leading the team treat it with utmost respect. It is important to appreciate the voices of the team, take them into consideration, and use the constructive advice towards perfecting the system.
- For many associates, this is their first job. It is important to encourage and enforce a good work ethic. This will set the pace for the younger generation to start off confident in their abilities, understanding that their contribution is not only appreciated, but necessary to achieve the end goal. For – more... management, co-workers are typically driven, but they are in situations where this is not their full-time job. This allows for strengths and weaknesses to affect their schedules, roles, and responsibilities of the job.
- The hardest part of a store manager is finding a healthy balance between your work and home life. As a store manager, you become well invested in the company. You feel the weight of your position, and tie in the success of the company with personal success. For overall health, it is important to be able to separate your work from your personal life.
- The most enjoyable aspect of the job is seeing progress when you've changed up protocol, store layout, merchandising and, most importantly, customer interaction. When intuition for business decisions pays off, and you get to encourage your team for their great work, that is the greatest part of management. – less
Fun place to work
Key Holder/Sales Lead (Former Employee), Midland, TXJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: co-works
Cons: pay rate/ hours
Very easy job. You get to communicate with various people. Great for teenagers or those looking for a part time job. No Benefits. Co- workers are great, everyone is like a family. Very welcoming. I learned how to run a store, and manage others. Also did lots of visuals for the store. You can move up very fast at this job as long as you work hard.
Great location
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), atlantaOctober 12, 2014
Enjoy working there, Altar'd state is a great company. They are active in the community and I've learned a lot and have strengthened my management ability at this location. I enjoy sales, and Visual which is a very important role at each location.
Awesome place
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Miramar Beach, FLOctober 8, 2014
Loved working here, people were awesome and the clothes were great!
Amazing Company with incredible people to support you!!
Store Manager (Current Employee), Destin, FLAugust 28, 2014
Pros: your opinion matters, district managers help you up not hold you down, home office is always there to help you, quality of life at home and work, they offer great medical benifits too.
Cons: i honestly can not think of one con....
I am going to be very honest. I am probably not the best person to give a review of this company because I am absolutely in love with it!
I came here for the spiritual comfort and security of knowing that I can say, "Let's pray about this right now!" to a customer without the feeling I am being judged by my employer. I fell in love on day one! I was visited by the owners on month two (and four) and I was promoted on month six! There is plenty of room to grow in a company that continues to grow itself and the growth does not stop with the store. This company has a ripple effect. Everything that we do here gives back to our local community, our country and others in need throughout the World! That is worth clocking in every day and more than I can say about anywhere else! You are not just a number here. You are needed and valued! You are supported and as a Store Manager, very pampered. They give you anything you need to run your store the way you would if it was your business!
I applied for a store manager position and waited a year before my opportunity opened up and God knowingly put me in a very soft place to learn and grow once I was hired! I was acknowledged for all the work that I put in. I have never met anyone in a position above me that did not greet me with a hug and supportive words!..That's just it. These wonderful people see great things in us and reward us for those things! For me, working hard, being passionate about what you do and loving your company are ALL in a days work! I am here for as long as they will have me.
If you have had a bad experience with Altar'd State, you did not see the same beautiful, courageous and kind leaders I have. I assure you, WE Stand Out. For Good...and always will!
Great environment to build & grow relationships with our teams, our guests, and our brand,
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee), Lake St Louis, MOAugust 28, 2014
Altar'd State is a rewarding and exciting place to come to work each day. The ability to make an impact in our communities through Mission Monday and also globally through our give back brands make our jobs so much more than "selling cute clothes". We do beautiful things inside and outside of the stores and provide a space for our teams to grow both personally and with the company if that is the route they want to head in!
it's unbalanced
warehouse worker (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNAugust 15, 2014
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: everything else
there's a bunch of favoritism and management problems no job security no room to advance in the company I show my hard work everyday and goes unrecognized
Don't be fooled.
Management (Former Employee), N/aApril 10, 2014
Sure the stores are cute. The product is nice. Their message is catchy. But their leaders are fake. Their work ethic is laughable, and their words are hypocritical.
I was recruited to this company with many promises and enchanting stories of a possibility of endless growth for this tiny company. I quickly found out, they treat their people like soldiers and their "giving back" is only to a select few. This company doesn't pay overtime, holiday pay, and even has "volunteers" work their floor sets and windows. People who aren't on their payroll....never thinking that "volunteer" could get hurt on the job. Their wrongfully terminate people; not following company conduct policies. They even recently went back on one of their biggest standards, one that wa a huge recruiting tool when hiring employees: being closed on Sundays. This is a company built on Christian values....now you are forcing your people to work on the one day they knew they had to spend in worship/be with their families?? It's all about the buck for Altar'd State. Shame on them. The owners need to take a hard look at how they treat their people before they run them all off. Go check out all the job postings for the existing stores positions on their website.
Store Grand opening Brand New District
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Calhoun St. CIncinnati OhMarch 26, 2014
Pros: exciting to be part of new store
Cons: no job security, or structured training
Merchandising from top to bottom of visual walls around the entire store was standard everyday procedure. I learned how to multitask and manage my time much better with deadlines and visual expectations of the brand. My co-workers were all very friendly and hardworking young women ready to learn everything they could about the company standard. The most enjoyable part of my job was fleeting, I thought that I would be a long term part of something I was really proud of.
Great environment horrible pay
Manager (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 20, 2014
Altar'd State is a christian based company. Small chain which is growing very fast. Peaceful environment but they pay pennies!
Friendly and welcoming environment
Seasonal Retail Associate (Former Employee), Columbia, MOJanuary 17, 2014
My managers were all friendly and professional. From day one, it was stressed to show your own unique personality and express our "open door policy" by using a friendly and welcoming temperament with customers and other fellows coworkers.
Very hands on work environment. Great company
Store Manager (Current Employee), Columbia, MOOctober 17, 2013
Pros: able to be in constant contact with our home office, and managers were given a lot of responsibility and say in individual stores.
Cons: new company struggling with growing pains and limited organization
Very new company with a lot of really positive aspects. As the store manager, I wore many hats; throughout a typical day I would manage, I would perform stock duties, I would file, I would be a customer service representative, and a merchandiser. Because the company required such a hands on manager, I would find myself delegating a great deal to manage time wisely. My staff was very passionate about the company and really seemed to enjoy being at work. My management team was also very hands on and very young and eager to learn. With the company being so new/young, there were a lot of growing pains and some disorganization within it's corporate structure. However, while there were some slight conflicts with the structure and organization, the company was very passionate and flexible with it's stores and managers. It's been a great learning experience, and a lot of fun.
Fashionable retail store with cute decorations.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALOctober 1, 2013
Pros: closed on sundays, co-workers, and the location of the store.
Cons: short lunches, management, and high pricing on the clothing.
Altar'd State was a competitive retail store. I learned numerous things while working there, for example.. learning how to work computer systems better and typing in information, and becoming more interactive and conversational with other people. A typical day at work was relatively busy, but not consistent. The management could have been better, but certainly not the worst. The co-workers were all very sweet, and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was probably having to get everything done and help numerous people of busy days or sales weekends. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to have been being around people who share the shame interests dealing with clothes and fashion

About Altar'd State

Altar'd State is an energetic fashion boutique that offers a distinctive shopping experience for women interested in the latest – Read more

Altar'd State Salaries