Altarum Institute

Altarum Institute Employer Reviews

Analyst (Former Employee), Falls Church, VAOctober 11, 2013
Pros: encourage educational growth
Excellen\t company, very professional. The management encouraged employees to cross train. Promoted from within.
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAJuly 11, 2013
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAJune 7, 2013
Pros: flexible work schedule, free parking, casual dress code, travel for conferences is available and encouraged, will pay for further education
Cons: i have nothing negative to say about altarum
I was honored to be part of a family that has such strong convictions towards their Values and Missions. The commitment of helping others is very strong. I'm so happy I worked at Altarum Institute for 17 years! Every aspect of the company, the values, the mission and the commitment from the family of employees make every day a GREAT day!"
Great company to work for
Crisis Counselor/Information Specialist (Current Employee), Rockville, MDJune 6, 2013
Pros: laid back company
Cons: my personal distance from the job
Altarum Insititute is a non-profit organization. The experience there has been outstanding. The Management team is very hands on and takes the time to train their employees so that they can succeed within the organization.
Very generous, even in layoffs
Copy Editor (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 4, 2013
In keeping with its health care focus, Altarum strove to keep its own employees fit and healthy, not just with medical coverage but with posted tips, personal challenges, and eventually free gym memberships. From what I could tell, it accommodated all sorts of scheduling conflicts nicely. Most employees were pleasant and seemed satisfied even on busy – more... days; the rest did not stay long. – less
Many great people
Client Services Manager, M-CEITA (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIMay 15, 2013
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: limited options for promotion or lateral move for staff dedicated to a grant program
I met many great folks during my time at Altarum. I would like to have stayed-on with the Institute after my grant program ended, but circumstances did not allow it (no suitable position for me, due to financial pressures & cut-backs).
Enjoyed working with co-workers
Contracts and Procurement Administrator (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIOctober 22, 2012
Provided clerical and administrative support to hte Executive Vice President/CFO and to the President/CEO in the absence of his assistant.
Do not work there.
Employee (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIMay 1, 2012
Cons: poor healthcare program, good old boy club enviornment, political, and no real feedback from your manager
High turnover organization. Your are more of a contractor versus an employee at Altarum.No real stability.

About Altarum Institute

Altarum Institute is a nonprofit health systems research and consulting organization. Altarum integrates independent research – Read more

Altarum Institute Photos