Altarum Institute Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent Organization
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMarch 7, 2016
Altarum Institute is one of the rare gems. The supportive environment and management involvement in the growth of each staff member is highly appreciated.
Best Company Ever
Administrative Assistant for HR (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMarch 15, 2015
The team there is great, a wonderful group of people who actually CARE! There was never a day that I dreaded going to work. I went to work had a great day and left happy. I actually looked forward to going into the office everyday.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
The position is as receptionist, not coordinator.
n/a (Former Employee) –  Silver SpringMay 30, 2014
DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS POSITION EXPECTING TO BE A COORDINATOR! You will be a receptionist and very rarely will you be given the opportunity to work with the conference department. There's no growth within the company, you will not work directly with clients. If you're looking to learn and grow within the company, this is not the position for you.
Awsome Company
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJanuary 28, 2014
Cire-Business Solutions is an awesome company to work for. Management encourages it's employee to further there education.
Pros
excellent company and manager
Cons
n/a
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAOctober 11, 2013
Excellen\t company, very professional. The management encouraged employees to cross train. Promoted from within.
Pros
encourage educational growth
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJune 7, 2013
I was honored to be part of a family that has such strong convictions towards their Values and Missions. The commitment of helping others is very strong. I'm so happy I worked at Altarum Institute for 17 years! Every aspect of the company, the values, the mission and the commitment from the family of employees make every day a GREAT day!"
Pros
flexible work schedule, free parking, casual dress code, travel for conferences is available and encouraged, will pay for further education
Cons
i have nothing negative to say about altarum
Very generous, even in layoffs
Copy Editor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 4, 2013
In keeping with its health care focus, Altarum strove to keep its own employees fit and healthy, not just with medical coverage but with posted tips, personal challenges, and eventually free gym memberships. From what I could tell, it accommodated all sorts of scheduling conflicts nicely. Most employees were pleasant and seemed satisfied even on busy days; the rest did not stay long.
Many great people
Client Services Manager, M-CEITA (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMay 15, 2013
I met many great folks during my time at Altarum. I would like to have stayed-on with the Institute after my grant program ended, but circumstances did not allow it (no suitable position for me, due to financial pressures & cut-backs).
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
limited options for promotion or lateral move for staff dedicated to a grant program
Enjoyed working with co-workers
Contracts and Procurement Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIOctober 22, 2012
Provided clerical and administrative support to hte Executive Vice President/CFO and to the President/CEO in the absence of his assistant.
Do not work there.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMay 1, 2012
High turnover organization. Your are more of a contractor versus an employee at Altarum.No real stability.
Cons
poor healthcare program, good old boy club enviornment, political, and no real feedback from your manager