Altarum Institute Employee Reviews

A great place to work
Healthcare Researcher (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMarch 19, 2017
Altarum is a fantastic and enjoyable place to work, whether part-time, full-time, or in an internship. The people are great, as is the atmosphere. Management is very thoughtful and helpful towards both your goals within the organization and your long-term career goals. I highly recommend Altarum.
Pros
Great Work Environment, Interesting Work
Cons
Great company that is doing the right thing
Senior Regional IT Manager / Implementation IT Mgr (Former Employee) –  MichiganMarch 9, 2017
Altarum has a great culture and has a company size that keeps you close to management. Co-workers are they provide a good service to healthcare in the US.
Posh office environment with educated, click centered staff
Facilities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJanuary 29, 2017
My experience at this company started out positive and ended with bitter memories. There is extremely high turnover and much of the staff is disrespectful to those in lower positions and very self-centered both individually and as a department or group. There is little chance for advancement unless you start out at a high level. There is a lot of gossip and negative behavior that I found distasteful and not beneficial to a healthy, happy workplace.
Pros
Very high tech and well-kept environment, frequent free food, competative pay
Cons
Health insurance with high deductables, little flexibility with hours in my role, overall attitude of culture
Lead Medical Records Auditor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 19, 2016
Like the atmosphere, employees, management and the help received when working there. I would work there if given the chance. Easy access from metro center.
Excellent
Corporate Counsel (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIOctober 23, 2016
Excellent workplace; a typical day is pleasant, co-workers are pleasant, the most enjoyable part of job is working with so many pleasant people. thank you.
Unpredictable environment-frequent unnecessary changes
Oral Health Implementation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJuly 14, 2016
Utilized personal vehicle to travel to clients office, provided training and support for incentive programs. Provided training via PowerPoint presentation. Enrolled clients in incentive programs and CEU's.
Good work life balance
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJuly 1, 2016
Altarum offers great benefits and a good work life balance, allowing many employees to have flexible work hours and offsite positions.
A decent place to work
Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 18, 2016
Altarum is full of really smart, dedicated people. The work culture is inconsistent across groups and projects, and so is the management, job security, and overall working environment. The upper end of the management makes over half a million dollars a year, in contrast with the vast majority of workers, who make well under $100K. Most consultants/analysts make around $75 - $80 K, and that is only the beginning of disparities between management and the rest of the company. I would recommend this company for only certain groups and managers, and would not recommend it for others. Overall, the company's benefits are very poor, and on the low end for most workers.
Pros
work from home and flexibility
Cons
bonuses and lack of career progress
Excellent Organization
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMarch 7, 2016
Altarum Institute is one of the rare gems. The supportive environment and management involvement in the growth of each staff member is highly appreciated.
Best Company Ever
Administrative Assistant for HR (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMarch 15, 2015
The team there is great, a wonderful group of people who actually CARE! There was never a day that I dreaded going to work. I went to work had a great day and left happy. I actually looked forward to going into the office everyday.
Cons
The position is as receptionist, not coordinator.
n/a (Former Employee) –  Silver SpringMay 30, 2014
DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS POSITION EXPECTING TO BE A COORDINATOR! You will be a receptionist and very rarely will you be given the opportunity to work with the conference department. There's no growth within the company, you will not work directly with clients. If you're looking to learn and grow within the company, this is not the position for you.
Awsome Company
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJanuary 28, 2014
Cire-Business Solutions is an awesome company to work for. Management encourages it's employee to further there education.
Pros
Excellent company and manager
Cons
N/A
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAOctober 11, 2013
Excellen\t company, very professional. The management encouraged employees to cross train. Promoted from within.
Pros
Encourage educational growth
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJune 7, 2013
I was honored to be part of a family that has such strong convictions towards their Values and Missions. The commitment of helping others is very strong. I'm so happy I worked at Altarum Institute for 17 years! Every aspect of the company, the values, the mission and the commitment from the family of employees make every day a GREAT day!"
Pros
flexible work schedule, free parking, casual dress code, travel for conferences is available and encouraged, will pay for further education
Cons
I have nothing negative to say about Altarum
Very generous, even in layoffs
Copy Editor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 4, 2013
In keeping with its health care focus, Altarum strove to keep its own employees fit and healthy, not just with medical coverage but with posted tips, personal challenges, and eventually free gym memberships. From what I could tell, it accommodated all sorts of scheduling conflicts nicely. Most employees were pleasant and seemed satisfied even on busy days; the rest did not stay long.
Many great people
Client Services Manager, M-CEITA (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMay 15, 2013
I met many great folks during my time at Altarum. I would like to have stayed-on with the Institute after my grant program ended, but circumstances did not allow it (no suitable position for me, due to financial pressures & cut-backs).
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Limited options for promotion or lateral move for staff dedicated to a grant program
Enjoyed working with co-workers
Contracts and Procurement Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIOctober 22, 2012
Provided clerical and administrative support to hte Executive Vice President/CFO and to the President/CEO in the absence of his assistant.
Do not work there.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMay 1, 2012
High turnover organization. Your are more of a contractor versus an employee at Altarum.No real stability.
Cons
poor healthcare program, good old boy club enviornment, political, and no real feedback from your manager

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Altarum Institute. Our community is ready to answer.