Altec Industries Employee Reviews

Production Welder
Production Welder (Former Employee) –  Creedmoor, NCJanuary 18, 2017
Either work the parts that have been delivered to you station or go to the appropriate area for your parts. Assemble and tack parts together inspect for correct assembly and finish welding, then send on to inspection. If need be and you have caught up with your work then help the person in the next welding station.
Pros
Working environment
Cons
distance that I had to travel at the time for the job
Good work environment and benefits.
Electrician (Former Employee) –  St. Joseph, MOSeptember 14, 2016
I enjoyed working there and what I did there. The problem is there was no communication and worked a lot of overtime do to poor management. I meet a lot of good people and made new friends. The only way to really get anywhere there was if you were part of the "Good Ol' Boys Club" and that was bs because there are a lot of really hard workers who deserved higher positions than most.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Poor Management
Stable Company with great benefits
Sr. Administrative Associate (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 25, 2016
Altec overall is a great company to work for. The different divisions vary as far as culture is concerned. Micromanaging was a big problem for me.There is a big difference in compensation between positions within a certain division which made feeling apart of the team difficult.
Very Productive and relaxed place to work
Product Engineering Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, NCSeptember 1, 2016
A typical day consisted of learning about the manufacturing processes involved with putting together a utility body. It was productive because my co-workers and supervisors were very open with explain how these things worked for me and allowing me to explore the facilities and see how certain machines operated which gave me a greater understanding of how to do my job. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was finally getting to see my completed designs in their final state after being manufactured, it was the most fulfilling experience I got on the job.
Pros
The company made sure it's workers were comfortable, the loose dress code was a big deal for me.
Cons
There was a lot of sitting at my desk involved.
Altec Industries
Service/Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, GASeptember 29, 2016
 About 10 hours a day, work with internal and external customers, along with running a maintenance facility which requires excellent interpersonal, analytical and team building skills. Oversee ANSI required service to include 5 year crane services. Oversee contracts for repairs and service for the facility, schedule and participate in; LEAN and Rapid Continuous Improvement (RCI) events, give input to and Manage the facility budget and CER's, use ORACLE for maintenance, parts and financial tracking. Ensure all personnel are properly trained in the area and in OSHA and EPA standards. I love working with customers and helping them where I can. Also, gaining the respect of my employees and ensuring the have the training and knowledge they need to succeed in the current positions and have the ability to advance through the company.
Pros
Medical and retirement benefits
Cons
N/A
good company
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYDecember 5, 2016
was a very good company to work for. the benefits was awesome. but they do not have a very good point systems especially when it comes to hospital times. would really like the chance to work for the company again in the future
Pros
hours
Cons
short breaks
wasnt a very good work place
Packer (Former Employee) –  Levittown, PAJanuary 30, 2017
The managers was very rude, they will talk to you like they your child. And you had to call everyday just to see if you can work. The most enjoyable time was lunch i got a long break from the nasty rude people.
Pros
nice break time
Cons
people rude
Good paying job grate people but really easy to get fired and cheated on
Welding (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, NCOctober 19, 2016
Work over 60 hrs and your really stressed out to keep the job with only 5 days to miss and can easily be fired even if its not your fault (my case) but can be good for a single person because you wont see your family much...
Pros
Pay
Cons
Working 60+ hrs
great coworkers bad management
Final Assembly (Former Employee) –  Creedmoor, NCFebruary 16, 2017
typical day at work for altec is being rushed by management no appreciation for the long work hours or saturdays worked just more complaints and demands with unrealistic quotas
Pros
decent pay
Cons
over work employees
Altec Industries
Manufacturing / Applications Engineer (Former Employee) –  Creedmoor, NCJanuary 16, 2017
Unfortunately, I would not recommend starting employment here. In my time here, I have experienced a lot of favoritism, and long term, it is not easy to move up here.
Pros
People
Cons
Poor management, lack of mobility
Great Job
Assembly line worker (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 27, 2016
I worked on the assembly line. I learned how to work as a team because of the fast pace of working on a assembly line. I loved the job the co-workers and the management.
Pros
Job Schedule and Coworkers
Cons
It was through a temp agency
Fun work environment
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Dixon, CAJanuary 19, 2017
Altec is a fantastic company to work for. It is a corporation that was a wonderful view of family. The employees are held in high standards and are dedicated to their work with thanks from the company.
Great pay with benefits
Certified Welder (Current Employee) –  Daleville, VANovember 20, 2016
Nothing Great place to work. Great Coworkers, and picnics are awesome. Very acknowledgeable of your work ethics. Awesome place to work.
Pros
Benefits and raises are awesome
Cons
More vacation and sick days needed
poor management
Diesel Mechanic Technician (Current Employee) –  Aurora, CONovember 17, 2016
the plant manager likes to cut corners and complete repairs cheaply. im not at all happy with the company. one other technician gets any parts he needs and the rest of us have to wait multiple days.
worked long hours and no organization
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOJanuary 25, 2017
disliked liked working, there was no organization, worked 6 days a week with no future. Im looking for a future and altec could not provide that
great place to work
Builder (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 8, 2017
fun an great job to have room to grow great employees would recomend to anyone great work hours always something new to learn
Pros
the experience
Cons
none really
Good environment
MATERIAL HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, NCJanuary 5, 2017
Able to get in and start working, some of the people are great but it seems to have a favoritism system in place so be cautious.
alright company to work for
worker (Former Employee) –  Creedmoor, NC 27522May 28, 2016
Work wise I love the place but when it comes time for them to hire a lead, they hire some pot head to tell me what to do. This kid is 23 years old and doesn't even have a valid drivers license due to his drinking and driving. I even seen him on the mobile patrol app, but yet he's able to give me orders. He also thinks he's going to be the next supervisor.
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
They dont have a good hiring process for leads
Great place to work if you do not have a family to come home to.
Fiberglass Assembler (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYMay 19, 2016
A typical day was just like all the rest, we had a time crunch on how much we had to have done by the end of the work week. I have learned that some jobs require extensive amount of time spent towards multiple things at once. My co-workers were very kind and helpful. They took time in showing me the ropes and how everything operated. Management was just like the co-workers in the sense that they liked to see you succeed in your job. The hardest part of the job was not getting off many days and having to work long hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to play your music on certain nights during the work week.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Enjoyable work
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Osceola, IAJuly 14, 2016
Work is enjoyable and the people in the plant are also fun to work with. You will always have plenty to keep you busy if you work at one of these facilities.
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
No consistency between facilities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Altec Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9