Altec Industries Employee Reviews

Great Job
Material Handler and Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MODecember 12, 2017
I loved my job but the supervisor already disliked me the moment I walked in the door. It is very fast paced and pickers have a stressful time making their quotas
Poor management, great benefits
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Mt. Airy, NCDecember 11, 2017
The pay is pretty good, the benefits are GREAT. VERY poor management. This location is new, understaffed, and the plant manager likes to bite of way more than our manpower can chew. There is NO work-life balance at all.
Pros
Benefits, pay
Cons
Poor management, hours
Line Associate (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYNovember 27, 2017
Faced paced but easy to learn how to do it. Management could have been a little better but over all was good. Great benefits came with the job and great retirement plan.
work
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 6, 2017
Typical day was being micro managed, no talking to cowrokers, organization had to be the same

Manangement wasn't always pleasant...

Hardest part was not feeling valued
Pros
benefits and close to home
Cons
management
I love this place
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MONovember 3, 2017
Altec gave me a great chance they paid well take care of there employee if you needed any time off just ask and most of the time it was granted bought the employee's Christmas gifts every year.
No complaints
Assembler (Current Employee) –  St. Joseph, MONovember 1, 2017
I don’t have much experience here yet, but it seems like a place to stick with for a while. I’ve known others that have worked here and can’t recall any complaints.
High Engineer Turnover
Manufacturing Engineering co-op (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYOctober 31, 2017
Good pay and interesting work. Engineers and managers can be very hands off and expect an independent work team which can have its ups and downs depending on how you like to work.
Job experience
Press Brake Operator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 28, 2017
You should definitely think twice before working for this company . Due to competitors come in , they decided to give raises. But noticed they have to balance budget so they decided to write individual up over things they wouldn't usually give write up for and fired them on the spot! Think twice before pursuing a career with Altec, I wish I did ! Do a lot of research and ask current and former employees before pursuing.
this was co-op job
Small Parts Welder (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KY 42701October 25, 2017
this was a co op job while i was in my senior yr. clock in meet with supervisor go over job n numbers safety meeting.assembly line small parts for trucks.
Cons
make sure u ask full time prt time
good benefits
Builder (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 19, 2017
this company does offer good benefits, paid holidays off with having all the major holidays off. the pay rate is good too. but the advancements in the company not so good
A dynamic place to work. An excellent but fast-paced environment
Implementation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Laguna Hills, CAOctober 19, 2017
Altec Products Inc is a very fast-paced place to work. Their Sales and Professional Services and Tech Support departments are far superior to any other software company I've worked with. Management teams are incredible. There is no "dead-weight" here. The best part of the job is being able to work remotely from home a few days per week.
Pros
Working remotely, great benefits, good salary
Cons
Due to high sales, there is never any down-time
Diverse Co-op Experience
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Creedmoor, NCOctober 17, 2017
My co-op with Altec has allowed me to experience various type of engineering including product development, applications, and manufacturing. Each one allowed me to work in a different setting with different people and tasks. Would highly recommend a co-op here.
Poorly managed and racist
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNSeptember 27, 2017
Pay was decent, but complained about racial harrassment to my supervisor and 4 days later was hauled in office and fired on trumped up lies for not reporting accident that never happened. They have spies and squealers they turn against other employees and if you aren't hanging out with leads, supervisors or managers....you can expect to be (as assistant plant manager said) "a dime a dozen". And they would send out unfinished trucks to meet deadlines and have them returned under warranty work.
Pros
Decent pay and hours
Cons
Terribly run
Good pay. Lots of overtime.
Technician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOSeptember 20, 2017
Good pay and benefits. I really enjoyed my fellow associates. Made a lot of good friends. Management was lacking at times but was do to moving supervisors and engineers around a lot, didn't allow enough time to really understand the role. Overall a really good place to work. Good pay and benefits and a very stable company, but you must like working overtime!!
Productive place to work for fast paced deadlines
Quality Auditor (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYSeptember 20, 2017
I worked there 12 years and loved it didn't want to leave. Nice wages and plenty of work if wanted. The atmosphere was great to work in porople always wanting to help out to get the jobs done.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Lots of Overtime
Great benefits
Design-Draftsman (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 7, 2017
Very challenging environment for learning industry standards of design for utility truck frames and compartmentalization. Work involved research for previous made parts and/or customization.
Pros
Excellent pay, and benefits.
Cons
Cubical work spaces
family owned
Packing/ Shipping/Receiving/EHS Manger (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INSeptember 2, 2017
People very friendly. Employees helping each other to meet the production goals. Everyone watching out for each others Safety as meeting production goals.
Pros
Family owned
Cons
a lot of hours
Great company
Assemblyman Detail Parts, Final Assembly, Safety (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYAugust 29, 2017
Great place to work. New applicants must be serious and ready to work and learn. You can't miss days and advance. A growing company and great environment. A+ in Elizabethtown, KY
Pros
Great pay and lots of opportunities
Cons
Needs logistics engineers. Always waiting on parts
Technical Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Dixon, CAAugust 26, 2017
Awesome place to learn and grow as an individual as well as a member of a team. Everyone is very friendly and easy to get along with. Lots of well educated people who are willing to work with you and teach you how to become proficient.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Not for everyone.
Great Place to work
Poduct Design (Current Employee) –  Burnsville, NCAugust 14, 2017
Nothing bad to say. They are good to work for and I have no complaints. The company has good stability and they stress team work above all else. Good team environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Altec Industries. Our community is ready to answer.