Altegra Health Employee Reviews

Poor Online Work
Remote Medical Coding Auditor (Former Employee) –  USADecember 30, 2016
Working at Altegra Health was necessary for the time I started working there, but quickly became a nuisance. I received many emails from different people so I never knew who my actual boss was or who to report to. The reason I left was mainly, because I received emails saying there was a lot of work to do. When I logged on and requested work, none would come to my account. This obviously was frustrating and I didn't want to waste anymore of my time there.
Good pay, Bad unstable work environment
Remote/Field-Based Chart Reviewer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 1, 2016
Company started out pretty good but has been bought by major healthcare giant Emdeon/Change Healthcare and has been on a downward spiral ever since. Key managers left or were ousted. New managers have little understanding of business processes and are running the company into the ground. Extremely high turnover in managerial positions as well as entry level. Lost a lot of returning contracts from payers to perform their chart reviews.

Money is good when work is available and project is running.
Pros
Work schedule flex, remote work
Cons
No income between projects
Call Center environment
Eligibility Counselor I (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLDecember 15, 2016
If you do not like sitting for long periods of time and speaking with members all of different personalities than this is not the job for you. You have to have a strong heart to deal with such a work place because of the things you hear some of the members discuss. But other than that they have awards ceremonies once a month and you don't have to war a uniform. You also get an hour lunch to relax and gather your thoughts.
you learn everyday
Clinical Reader CCS (Current Employee) –  Stanford, KYSeptember 20, 2016
The hours use to be flexible so you could tend to your family and still have a great paying job. The pay is good still but the flexibility has ceased to remain. In the past year there was excessive OT that interfered with family life but the job itself is insightful and keeping your brain stimulated with learning something new everyday.
Pros
pay
Cons
flexibility
Call Center
Advocate Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FL 33016October 15, 2016
This is you typical call center but had a great environment. Everyone usually seemed to like this 9-5 job. Not much to complain about, this job allows you to have family time!
Pros
Hours do not change, full time, they also have a lunch room shop that sells everything, they also give you 3 breaks
Cons
Better meet your numbers!
Extensive Training Methods
Trainee (Former Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYDecember 3, 2016
The materials were extensive, and detailed. However, staying in contact with your representative was not always consistent. There was, at times, a lack of communication which made frustrating, especially when learning a specific type of coding.
Slow to get up and go
RA Medical Coder (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 18, 2016
I have been in training for RA codong with Altegra since May 2016. I am currently confused about the process. Training without any contact can be difficult when you just want to ask a question. Email response is slow and I get different answers. I have not passed the final charting and have been informed that they are re evaluating my test. They give you two chances to get a 95 accuracy on RA coding. I have nevet done RA coding before so i got a 87 % accuracy. I love what I am learning so i hope they just dont drop me like a jot potato after we both have invested a lot of time.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No set structure
no benefit, vendor in healths
Medical records reviewer (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GADecember 12, 2016
is job that careless about the warefare of their employee , No matched inflation salaries. you worked as independent contractor without insurance , and others
Pros
mileage benefit
Cons
no inflation matched benefit
Excelent working facility
Universal Advocate (Former Employee) –  Guaynabo, PRNovember 14, 2016
the first time to work in a call center and enjoyed very much. The facilities and amenities for employees are great. Free coffee all day long.
Pros
great management team, great facility
Cons
was a contract employment no stabillity
Pay and stable hours - Improvements needed...
Provider Relations Rep./Document Mgmt Assoc. (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 7, 2016
Altegra - formerly Outcomes Health Information Solutions is not a bad place to work but pay raises are very, very slim. No one received higher than 1% for the annual review and increase this year. They offer lots of overtime and of course that can be nice, but at other times you must use your PTO because the work is so light that they are sending people home or giving mandatory days off.
Pros
The benefits are good. 3 weeks PTO and Charity leave, etc...
Cons
Pay is not competitive and rules change weekly. Policies are not written in stone, so you don't have security there either.
Experience and expectations
Workforce Management Analyzer (Current Employee) –  Weston, FLNovember 12, 2016
Every year in Altegra Health, I worked hard to achieve multiple promotions from several different departments. This company gives you the opportunity to grow and move to the next level.
Don't waist your time
Chart Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GADecember 12, 2016
Not a good company to work for, you are allowed 30 mins to eat. Training was very clear and organized. Once you are on the floor you are required to make 80-90 calls a day.
Pros
Great 9-5 Schedule
Elegibility Counselor (Current Employee) –  Weston, FLAugust 21, 2016
Being a production job there is not an opportunity to enjoy the different activities that are offered. Good Managers and benefits.
Have not been long enough in the company to know how easy is to be promoted
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
To have your work micromanaged
Productive work place
Manager Quality Assurance Department (Former Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLJune 21, 2016
Overall is was a great experience. I learned a lot about Federal and State laws and regulations, nationwide. When I began with the company, I was the third employee. By the time I resigned, due to military PCS move, there were over 700 employees.
Pros
Excellent benefits and compensation
Cons
No consistencies in the procedures and policies, high turnover
Is a good company
Eligibility Specialist (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 15, 2017
I never have a problem with the company is an exelent place for work the people that you work have a great personalities and they always help when somebody have a problem
Great company to learn and grow
Outreach Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Weston, FLSeptember 7, 2016
Great company that focuses on the needs of its clients. Excellent service to the healthcare members. Rewarding feeling of assisting low-income individuals with obtaining state assistance.
Advocate III
Advocate III (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLOctober 27, 2016
Great Benefits. you also get 1 hour lunch , two 15 minute breaks. The worst part is how the calls are rated. Attendance is strict in the worst ways.
benefits
Cons
attendance and call QA so unrealistic
Not stable
Appointment Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 16, 2016
No room for advancement Company was bought out and all the employees were released. I thought that was very unprofessional because not previous notice was given. Only upper management was offered a position.
Pros
Not stable
Cons
flexible hours
Flexible schedules
Remote Medical Coder (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 15, 2016
Returning emails seems to be an issue. Work is hard to come by when you are still in the training process and the hiring process is confusing because too many people email you about how to start accessing the website, but once you get into the portals, no one gets back to you.
Great experience
HEDIS Abstractor (Former Employee) –  Remote *PA*May 18, 2016
I worked for the 2016 HEDIS season 1/2016-5/2016. I was seeking a work-from-home job as a nurse and this was a good fit. Completely flexible schedule. The compensation was fair. The training was thorough -even if a bit grueling. Once that was completed, I was released to live production and had maintained a very high level of error free work 94% or better.
Every interaction with other employees was positive and helpful. It gave me a sense that their employees are treated well.
Pay checks were mailed in a timely fashion and I have no complaints from my experience.
Pros
Professional, flexible
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Altegra Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7