Altera Corporation Employee Reviews

My tenure are Altera was too short to present a well informed opinion
Senior Device Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 26, 2017
I was at Altera for a short period and the corporation was acquired by Intel several years ago. I prefer not making any uninformed opinion of the company's current culture.
Acquired By Intel
Channel Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 7, 2017
Altera was a great place to work and I really appreciated the company culture. It was a really good working environment and the people were great too.
a typical work day
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 15, 2017
this was a very high paced, high volume position, so you were constantly busy through out the day. there were policies and procedures in place so was easy.was a great place to work for the most part.
Inspiring and visionary company
Director Planning/Purchasing (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 29, 2017
Plan, deliver and execute. no excuses for lack of execution
learned the fundamental of a company being at the second place in Gate Aarray business. The objective being how do Altera capture's the #1 spot in the market place
Culture was tough as we had well capable sources. Very competitive
Being parts of historic moments on in the creation and expansion of the Gate Array programmable field.
Pros
Employee events, internal education courses and paid external programs and seminars
Cons
Survive the competitiveness of the company
educational, fun
Personal Assistant sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lindon, UTMarch 17, 2017
A day at work would consist of me contacting people who would be interested in receiving pest control services. Organized Files, Checked Balances on earnings. Watched activity of their pay and when they were received.

Developed skills of Organizing, Balances on earnings, working and reaching out to Clients.

Management was amazing they worked with me on how I could do better. The training was well taught. They wanted me to succeed in what i was doing so I could help the company succeed.

The work place was very calm. They would let me listen to music when i worked.

Hardest part about the Job was Organization. I am someone who loves when things are perfectly in order and having many papers and names not always in the right place was a little frustrating, but nothing i could not handle.

I loved putting in the data and Organizing Files. It was the hardest part of the job but the part i Loved most. I like a challenge. I never want to stay in one place. That is what this life is about, growing and learning. That is what I Loved about this job. I feel it stretched me.
Pros
Lunch brakes, Good boss
Cons
Very early hours
hopeless company to work for
lead analog CAD engineer design automation (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 22, 2016
not worth working here if you have the talent!!
Too much internal politics and bad management.
People who play more politics with no real work get promoted easily.
Big company
AE, (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 11, 2016
Has a very big company culture for medium/small company. Very process oriented which is good if you want to learn. Okay balance in terms of work/life
Fun place to work
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 30, 2015
Around 3000 employees with varying experiences. Typical california culture and politics. You need to know the right people to grow. Good technology with only a few companies in the world with the capability.
Altera is now being acquired by Intel
Customer Marketing (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 2, 2015
Altera is going through a transition period as it is being acquired by Intel. As such, job responsibilities are focused on supporting this transition.
Positive and competitive work environment.
Customer Loyalty Specialist (Former Employee) –  14201 Cherry Lane Court, Laurel Md 20707March 30, 2015
Work consists of excellent customer service experience, with the chance to get an understanding of how to manage difficult customer satisfaction needs. A lot of the work is self taught with little to no supervision, I worked with about 4 other girls in the office taking care of multiple of duties to get the day done as a team. The hardest part of the job was making sure everyone was on the same page at all times. Communication was key in our office. The most enjoyable part of being apart of Alterra was the competitive work environment, it drives you to become better at what you do.
Pros
commission advances, work schedule (8-5), breaks
Cons
winter time schedule
Joyful workplace with great work ethics.
Applications Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 17, 2014
As an intern at Altera for nearly 7 months, I much about preferable digital design. I finalized application notes for one of Altera's devices to be released. For these app notes, I created error free and latch free designs. I also added self-checking testbenches and timing constraints. Aside from this project, I learned to migrate outdated designs to Quartus II v14.0 and to newer devices. I also wrote a Python script to automate the monitoring of internal document-related bugs. With all these projects I learned to work within a Linux environment. The hardest part of this job was learning the new environments and software tools. Once I became familiar with the processes, the job became second nature. The most enjoyable part of this job was working on a team. It was a lot of fun putting our heads together to solve a problem and then implement a solution.
Good work life balance, but spotty management and bad morale
Senior IP Product Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 13, 2014
Overworked, stressed out employees with poor leadership which leads to bad morale.
Pros
good pay, good work life balance
Cons
overworked employees, poor morale
Overall Good Company to build your Design Skills
Member of Technical Staff (MTS) (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 24, 2014
Mostly 10-7pm timings because of evening interaction with offsite team Penang, Malaysia. Learned different design skills from product definition to production tapeout. Huge worked load these days to be competetive in the market. Many Management changes recently is the worst part. Co-workers are the best part at Work.
The Management was not helpful
Prep/Cook/ (Former Employee) –  san jose caJuly 22, 2014
I learned a lot about different types of food. I unloaded the day's inventory. I cleaned and prepped for caterings.
Good place to work.
Manager/Product Manager SAP BI/EPM/Big Data (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 22, 2014
Good and hardworking place to work.
Good benefits and compensation.
Good company, very hierarchical, long hours at all levels
Director Cisco Global Sales (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 2, 2014
Technology leader and gets attention.
All under resourced.
Very hierarchical - everyone wonders what their boss or CEO is going to think before taking action
Good Manager
Software Engineer Intern (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 26, 2014
My manager is very nice to people
I learnt a lot from colleagues.
Assisted living home with caring employees and caregivers
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIDecember 1, 2013
Learning to communicate effectively with residents of the home who have aging issues such as dementia, or physical limitations in caring for themselves. Very compassionate pace to work.
Pros
Getting to know residents and being able to help them
Cons
Shift work
Great company to work for
Senior Product Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 15, 2013
Hard working culture with appropriate reward structure

The most enjoyable part of the job is the people you work with.
Productive and fun place to be
ADVANCED SOFTWARE ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  San Jose CAOctober 16, 2013
Good work life balance, great place for growth,subsidized meals, events.. good benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Altera Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.