Altercare of Ohio, Inc. Employee Reviews

Will promote from within
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Canal Winchester, OHAugust 29, 2017
They are very good at promoting from within. They hire nursing students as STNA's and once you pass your boards they promote you to nurse. The hours are very long and inconsistent . You are often called to come in because of call-offs
Pros
Promote from within
Cons
Expect too much for so little compensation
Good company
LPN (Former Employee) –  Wadsworth, OHAugust 15, 2017
Great company I only left for a better employment job offer. I was able to move from a standard floor nurse to a skilled nurse on a private skilled floor.
Interview walk out
Interviewee (Former Employee) –  Hilliard, OHAugust 14, 2017
This was one of the few interviews I walked out on. They did not do their research on me. It was clear they did not value my time, I watched for a bit as I always arrive for every interview to observe workers and interactions. The place was clean and "showed well" but it was quickly apparent that the organization valued the thin "veneer"attempting to cover up underlying issues. Be careful here. Do your research and watch those red flags. Requesting paper work in duplicity...on line and on paper? Skill assessments test? Weird policies without explanation. Not reviewing ones resume? Spelling your name wrong (then dismissing it like it was your fault)? All signs they are just milling paper and data, not looking for quality employees.
Pros
Clean facility appearance
Cons
They aren't investing in any employee. Applicants are treated as temp chair fillers.
Administration only cares about a rating .
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJune 23, 2017
This company is not a good one to work for. They expect double the amount of work that one person could possibly do. Raises hardly happen. They expect you to work shortstaffed and get the same stuff done . Extremely high turnover in every department. They have more bosses than staff. They like to tell you that you are uneducated and they won't give you that much money when you ask for a raise if you do not have a degree .
Pros
They have a nice company picnic every year
Cons
High turnover, Low pay, no respect for "uneducated" staff
I like it
RN (Current Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHJune 18, 2017
I'm an RN at this facility and enjoy it. 12 hour shifts for RN, which is nice. I have a good time caring for my residents, and would recommend as a good place to work.
Pros
A lot of appreciation and food events, good support
Cons
Long term care can be a lot sometimes
Unfit Work Environment
STNA (Former Employee) –  Country Lawn Rehabilitation and NursingJune 8, 2017
I was an STNA here. I was put in very unsafe working conditions and treated like I was less then a person. I saw what the elderly were treated like here. There were many uncaring staff. Ohio and OSHA standards were not followed in many ways. I suggest not working here. I know the HR that quit from Altercare. The corporation itself does not care about the people in "the system" just the profits. The HR also confirmed this. He contacted the Corporation regarding concerns about management.
Pros
Good Learning Experience
Cons
Bad Coporate Standards of Care
Unsafe
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHJune 7, 2017
Recent turnovers in management have rendered this place useless. The facility located in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio is horrible. The place is understaffed and the employees are over worked, and it certainly leads to the patients being neglected as far as care goes.
Pros
Job security if you do not care about being in a dysfunctional invironment.
Cons
Severely understaffed; 12 hour shifts with no time to take a break.
STNA (Former Employee) –  Wadsworth, OHMay 15, 2017
This facility as with any other stna job is hard on the body but I did have a sense of comradery with fellow employees and management. They paid for my Stna certification.
Great place to work!
STNA (Current Employee) –  Hilliard, OHMarch 28, 2017
The people I work with are always kind and friendly. Great team work! The facility itself is very clean and well kept. The management team is fantastic!

Want to know more about Altercare of Ohio, Inc.?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Altercare of Ohio, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6