SUMMARY: This position will provide project management leadership and technical support for a variety of construction projects and opportunities. This person will lead project teams and manage internal and external resources to complete projects on time and on budget while also providing leadership, mentoring and supervision over the construction team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for overall project Profit and Loss - will typically manage multiple projects simultaneously while supporting Business Development activities at the same time.
- Manage Systems Engineering, Contract Engineering and Implementation Staff to complete project requirements on time and on budget.
- Regularly report project and staffing issues to GM of Delivery for Engineering & Project Management.
- Manage client expectations and interface with client personnel, working to build positive, long lasting relationships with all clients.
- Work with subcontractors, engineers, architects and consultants to provide complete system solutions for our customer.
- Provide a high level of leadership and guidance to field teams.
- Work with clients to achieve substantial completion and final project acceptance/signoff on all projects.
- Close coordination with the Sales, Operations and Service organizations is required at all times.
- Work both hands-on and analytically, as well as ability to successfully manage projects with an eye towards budget and timeline.
- Supervise and monitor solar electric plant construction to ensure compliance with regulatory standards or environmental requirements. Specific tasks include managing relationships and project documentation with subcontractors; handling purchase orders with suppliers; creating and managing project timeline and budget; coordinating submission of incentive applications with client, investor and/or subcontractors.
- Coordinate as needed with client representatives (i.e., local building managers when requesting site information of assisting in the preparation of incentives applications).
- Understand design and permitting aspects of commercial solar electric systems.
- Manage the submission of drawings to the appropriate agency in order to obtain construction permits.
- Provide support during the inspection of system installations in order to obtain final inspection approval.
- Provide support during system commissioning.
- Coordinate any change orders that may take place on projects.
- Develop monthly cash forecasts and spend models and manage project milestones in accordance with cash management guidelines. Regularly provide project financial data to operations team for corporate reporting purposes.
- Continue to maintain technical capabilities in solar electrical systems design and implementation.
- Mentoring, training, advice and guidance to less experienced construction staff.
- Manage all aspects of the project P/L to budget.
- Manage all subcontractors to on time on budget on scope performance.
- Determine staff needs and technical skills required to ensure performance on the project meets with customer expectations and Panasonic budget needs and requirements.
- Understand scope of work and to create and submit change orders for out of scope work.
- Manage and form winning teams to execute projects on time, on budget, to complete customer satisfaction with minimal supervision.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Act independently to support customers and sales in winning unsolicited project opportunities.
- Create and participate in presentations, demonstrations and final project negotiations.
- Includes writing scopes of work for subcontractors and evaluating and negotiating those scopes of work, as well as working with other PM staff to negotiate subcontracting agreements.
- Understand technical, operational, management and sales related issues of customers and staff.
- Travel as needed to support projects, sales opportunities and other Project Management staff.
- Support technically challenging engineering requirements with sophisticated and custom IT, software and hardware needs on projects that are very large and technically diverse.
- Support customer design requirements from conceptual design through As Built phase of the design process.
- Continue to maintain technical capabilities in the following technical areas: IT networks and systems, audio/video and broadcast technologies, automation/control systems, interactive display control systems and technologies that support these technically diverse systems areas.
- Follow established Engineering & Project Management standards and guidelines to the fullest extent possible given the specific needs of the customer.
- Optimize design and operation of product systems and/or components to ensure reliability, high performance, and compliance with specifications.
- Develop or coordinate the development of a bill of material for each project based on the final approved design.
- Coordinate project design reviews internally as well as with the customer.
- Technical review of renewable energy system designs and installations. Performance of resource and system energy yield calculations, including onsite measurements of factors such as shading and/or solar resources.
- Provide proposal development support for sales team. Present an overall comprehensive solution to potential customers during presales activities.
- Participate in of cost and energy estimation processes.
- Create a portfolio of products that take into account suppliers, case-by-case options with pros and cons, and can be used for future project.
- Maintain solutions template packages for use in future proposal activities.
- Maintain current project management and engineering documentation for solar projects and make it readily available for project management and engineering personnel as needed.
- Provide summary reports to senior management on all active projects' system design, specific challenges and solutions.
COMPENSATION: We offer our employees a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental Plan, Company paid Life and Disability Insurance, 401(k) Plan, and Education/Certification assistance.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management from an accredited University.
- Must be self-motivated with an ability to balance multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- General Contractor's license is highly desirable.
- 7-10 years of successful project management experience in the alternative energy industry.
- Highly proficient in reading and interpreting all design, development and construction documents, specifications, and bids, and recommending necessary changes or additions
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills, including ability to provide clear and detailed technical reports and presentations.
- Requires travel to various locations in North America.
Alternative Energy Development is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds.
No recruiters or agencies please.