COMPANY: Alternative Energy Development, Corp. (AED)
COMPANY PROFILE: AED is the construction unit of WTEC (an engineering, manufacturing, procurement and field installation Company dedicated to the solar and wind farm energy market). AED’s services include underground cable installation, installation of switchgears, transformers, invertors, optic communication systems, solar racks, solar mounting posts, and foundation ground grids.
COMPANY WEBSITE: http://www.aed.us.com/
POSITION: Electrical Engineer
POSITION DURATION: Permanent Full Time
POSITION LOCATION: Tampa, Florida 33607
SUMMARY: This position involves performing three phase AC and DC power electrical systems engineering for a fast paced company, that designs and engineers total turn-key solar and wind projects. This is an excellent technical leadership position for a proficient engineer to influence production of engineering design for a national client base in an internationally recognized global firm in a field designated for expansion.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the preparation of electrical design plant layout drawings and one-line and three line drawings, schematic diagrams. Prepare load flow, short circuit arc-flash and cable sizing studies. Equipment fabrication drawings bills of material, calculations, manuals, etc.
- Support estimating and bidding with engineering support. Support manufacturing divisions on product development.
- This is an excellent technical leadership position for a proficient engineer to influence production of engineering design for a national client base in an internationally recognized global firm in a field designated for expansion.
COMPENSATION: We offer our employees a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental Plan, Company paid Life and Disability Insurance, 401(k) Plan, and Education/Certification assistance.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- BSEE from accredited university with power course work.
- Ability to work out of the Tampa office, with some paid travel.
- Experience on PVsyst, ETAP, and/or Cymcap.
- 5 years related experience.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, along with suitable technical skills.
Alternative Energy Development is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds.
No recruiters or agencies please.