COMPANY: Alternative Energy Development, Corp. (AED)
COMPANY PROFILE: AED is the construction unit of WTEC (an engineering, manufacturing, procurement and field installation Company dedicated to the solar and wind farm energy market). AED’s services include underground cable installation, installation of switchgears, transformers, invertors, optic communication systems, solar racks, solar mounting posts, and foundation ground grids.
COMPANY WEBSITE: http://www.aed.us.com/
POSITION: Temporary Staff Accountant
POSITION DURATION: 4-6 Months
POSITION LOCATION: Fort Lee, NJ
SUMMARY: This position is primarily responsible for applying principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to bank reconciliations, processing of journal entries, and assistance in the month-end close.
- Distribute expenditures, encumbrances, receipts, and receivables according to schedules.
- Reviews, investigate, and correct errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
- Candidate must have experience in preparing and updating various financial schedules, such as the fixed asset, prepaid and lease schedules.
- Monitors compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and Company procedures.
- Position will assist the accounting department with other ad-hoc finance assignments.
COMPENSATION: Ranges from $15.00 to $18.00 per hour, dependent on experience.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- Experience using Sage Timberline and Crystal Reports preferred
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel
- 1-2 years experience in accounting role
- Previous construction background preferred but not required
Alternative Energy Development is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds.