Alternative Energy Development Employee Reviews

Terrible company
Construction Labor (Former Employee) –  Delta, UTJuly 17, 2017
The managers of this company are tyrants. When we were installing solar panels in 90+ degree heat, they told us we were using too much ice, and decreased the amount we could have (if they would get out of their trucks or leave the construction trailer they might understand why we were using so much).

I once saw people on my crew using drugs during a break. I told the project manager. He didn't do anything. It wasn't until a few weeks or a month later when the site manager found drugs on the property that they drug tested everyone on site (that day most of those people who I saw doing drugs on the job weeks before were let go).

Most of the management was VERY condescending. They would threaten you with your job at every chance they got.

They once forgot about me during a lightning stand-down. My job duties normally required me to work away from the rest of my crew. One day when lightning came, the bosses called for a lightning stand down, nobody told me, I continued working (in a large open field that was full of metal) until quitting time. I was even within eyesight of one of the construction trailers, and nobody came and got me. Even after that incident I was never given a radio, but continued to regularly work in solitude (although the benefit to working in solitude was that I didn't have to smell everyone else's cigarette smoke and hear their profaning).

The only reason why I continued to work here was because it was the only job I could find for the summer so I could pay for college in the fall.
good place to look for work
Operator (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 18, 2016
K & K Staffing is a good temp agency where you can look for work if you really want the job, they send you to different sites and learn new things and meet new peopls
good equipment and a good core working crew.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Lee, NJMarch 9, 2015
good workers, poor management many times the crew was more aware of goals that needed to be meet day by day. I also didn't feel I was told the truth about how jobs were progressing and future with the company.
Pros
pay was on time.
Cons
job 1 st crew 2nd
Highly productive
Field Superintendent/ Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Lee, NJ Main Office, But work all over the USDecember 5, 2013
To make sure my crew has proper paper work, line them out on production goals for the day. And that they meet there goals for the day.
How to manage several aspects of the operations.
Management and co-workers, we all have a great relationship.
Training guy's to be the best one's out in the field on my crew, Then having to release them of there duty's.
Knowing that i can train a crew to be the best, And them having the production done and success in there job.
Pros
Having perdium and company Vehicle
Cons
NO benefit's and Bouns Package's
Innovative work
Temp, Construction Controller (Current Employee) –  Fort Lee, NJOctober 18, 2013
Nice place to work at, interesting variety of people and experiences.
interesting work but they need some work in making it a great company
Electrical Superintendent (Current Employee) –  USAApril 15, 2013
fast paced enviroment dealing with up to 30 different people and personalities in the electrical field.both union and non union workers. hardest part of the job is when at the end of the day gathering all QAQC forms and information together to submit to project logs. the most enjoyable was the total time at work for the reason being I love what I do
Pros
learning something new everyday
Cons
eating on the run and dealing with all types of weather

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alternative Energy Development. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8