AltheaDx, Inc. performs assay development and clinical testing services for biopharma customers and physicians. Our biopharma service menu covers early stage biomarker discovery through companion diagnostics development, clinical trials and regulatory submission to FDA.
We have an immediate opening for a Corporate Controller. In this highly visible, “hands-on” role, you will report directly to the Company’s Chief Financial Officer and be responsible for developing policies to control and coordinate accounting, auditing, budgets, taxes and related activities and records; develop, establish and administer, procedures and systems pertaining to financial matters; manage the monthly close process, and prepare financial statements. Evaluate operating results in terms of costs, revenues, budgets, policies of operation, trends and increased profit possibilities. Supervise the staffing, scheduling, training and professional development of department members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the effectiveness of internal controls and integrity of accounting records and resulting financial statements.
- Work with accounting staff to manage the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of accounts payable, cash disbursements, invoicing/billing, customer credits and collections, payroll, perpetual inventory integrity, fixed asset records, general & entity accounting.
- Work with business unit and project owners to optimize accounting and internal controls processes to support business growth and cost management.
- Structure accounting system software and business systems for optimal transaction processing and reporting.
- Select, train, supervise and evaluate accounting staff.
- Manage annual audits; serve as primarily point of contact with outside accountants (E&Y) on all audit matters
Billing, Collections and Revenue Recognition
- Develop a solid understanding of the business model in order to appropriately apply technical accounting guidance and GAAP interpretations
- Document all processes and procedures for the revenue cycle
- Work with business leaders from Billing, Operations, and Commercial and participate in initiatives for ongoing process and systems improvements to increase compliance, integrity and scalability
- Perform a detailed review of product revenue / deferred revenue reconciliations to ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and corporate policies
- Responsible for the revenue close, monthly journal entries preparation along with monthly balance sheet account reconciliations
- Create, implement, and maintain revenue dashboards
- Prepare ad hoc revenue analysis as requested and respond to auditor queries
- Participate in recurring status update, forecast and review meetings with internal business partners.
- Manage the monthly, quarterly, and annual close procedures and ensure the timeliness, efficiency, and accuracy of internal financial reporting to management.
- Review and analyze financial information for management decision-making.
- Assist in the development of performance metrics, financial reporting packages and executive dashboards.
Assist Chief Financial Officer to prepare budgets and financial forecasts in coordination with the various committees, departments and business units.
- Prepare accounting reports, as necessary, for dissemination to management, the Board of Directors, Executive Committee and other committees.
- Coordinate preparation of applicable, federal, state and local tax returns.
- Independently research, apply and implement changes in authoritative accounting guidance issued by FASB, SEC, EITF and other regulatory bodies to determine impact on the Company.
- Interface with outside audit firm, banks and lessors, casualty/liability insurance agent(s), and credit card companies.
- Develop and perform ad hoc analyses to support new processes, policies, initiatives and procedures.
- “Hands-on” CPA with Big 4 public accounting experience in the life science, energy or high-tech industries.
- 5 + years experience.
- Strong technical accounting experience (revenue recognition, VIE and collaborations) and knowledge of GAAP, SEC rules and reporting a plus.
- Experience with medical billing and revenue recognition a plus
- Experience with SEC compliance and Form 8-K, 10-Q and 10-K reporting a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience utilizing financial systems, Great Plains a plus.
- Ability to thrive in a deadline-driven, fast paced environment.