Altice USA Employee Reviews

Productive Place To Work Until It was SOLD
Senior Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Oakland, NJDecember 13, 2016
Cablevision provided many wonderful years of employment.
Excellent Job Work/Life Balance
Excellent Compensation/Benefits
Excellent Job Security/Advancement
Excellent Management
Excellent Job Culture
A solid company to work for with lots of growth potential for the employee
Grade 14 Senior Technician (Current Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYNovember 1, 2016
Cablevision is a strong company that provides competitive pay and benefits for all the employees. This company provides all the tools and training needed to excel inside the company. Cablevision also provides a strong management group that holds true to the core values of the company which allows for all employees to be on the same page.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Cutting back on overtime and double time
Productive & fun workplace with arcade; ping pong; pool table
ARRP Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 17, 2017
Great place to be apart of - a typical day involves interacting with counterparts & brainstorming ideas for technical/mechanical solutions. I learned how to be a manager & gained numerous multitasking skills. There is a great management team that facilitates challenge & provide oppertunities for growth; the workplace culture is focused on customer interaction & satisfaction that also has a focus on employee satisfaction.

The hardest part of the job is managing your time good enough to make it back to the warehouse to enjoy leisure time with you fellow co workers.

Everything was enjoyable at this company.
Rough Place To Work
VIRTUAL DISPATCH REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutFebruary 7, 2017
Under new management and they don't play. I was laid off before i could get a good understanding of how the new culture operated. the new leadership shut down 2 work sites causing 700+ jobs to be lost.
benefits
Cons
micromanaging, layoffs, negative changes
Productive and fun place to work
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Jericho, NYDecember 31, 2016
It was great working at Cablevision. It was very structured job. I learned a great deal about computer networking along with personal skills. I was able to help people. The management was very proactive and willing to listen to employee concerns and suggestions. The job security was there along with advancement opportunities. It was fun working at Cablevision. I strongly recommend it to any person wanting to earn a healthy living while performing his duties.
Good Company
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYNovember 26, 2016
This is a great place to build a career and learn how to work in a contact center environment. Management is trying very hard to make this an enjoyable place to work, with all of the changes that occurred in the last year. If anyone wants a position in management but does not have the experience, you will have the opportunity to move up based on your work instead of what degree you hold.
Pros
Cafe, arcade, incentives, employee discounts
Cons
hours/days can impact people with families as there are frequent shift realignments
excellent
Customer Service Representative - Call Center (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 14, 2016
excellent employer, great benefits, great compensation, flexibility, great job culture, would recommend anyone to work here, good for career progression.
Challenging and rewarding
Network Operator (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYSeptember 20, 2016
We fixed any problems associated with the delivery of Video On Demand to our customers. Management was top notch, very intelligent and cared about our work. My co-workers were all intelligent and hard workers.
The hardest part of the job was working overnight shifts.
The most enjoyable part was the personal satisfaction and confidence gained from fixing a problem that may save the company thousands of dollars per minute if it were not fixed fast enough.
Pros
Great management, mentally challenging and rewarding, great people and great benefits
Cons
NONE
Very helpful co-workers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTDecember 12, 2016
My co-workers gave, and received, helpful tips regarding Cablevision web site access, customer billing problems, customer TV service issues. Monthly team meetings were helpful in resolving various problems. Management one-on-one meetings were held twice monthly to critique and attempt to improve productivity
Pros
Excellent benefits and compensation for work performed
Cons
Yearly shift changes.
Fun, friendly, productive but very stressful sometimes
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  New York StateJune 28, 2016
Stop favoritism and create equal opportunities for all your workers and you'll stop loosing great and talented workers. Very limited room for advancement, only few who are part to the clique move up the ranks and everybody else is considered as numbers and therefore only progress like stale water.
Pros
Great benefits, awesome training opportunities, great coworkers and discounted TV, Internet and phone service.
Cons
Management is deep into Favoritism, you gotta know someone to be promoted. Rules for fore front workers are unrealistic and too many.
Great work environment, benefits & colleagues
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Shelton, CTSeptember 9, 2016
The location is closing but it was a great centre to work at. Canteen, recreation room with table tennis, pool tables, arcade games etc.

The compensation & benefits package were excellent. Well above what most employers would provide for this role.

Full of great people & the specific centre I worked in was well managed but above that there was constant change & varying styles that made certain times fun & satisfying & others rough & demoralising.
Pros
Great benefits & location
Cons
Entitled customers & inconsistent higher management
Poor management
Customer Service Supervisor/Call Center (Current Employee) –  Shelton, CTAugust 9, 2016
Poor management ran the company into the ground. Morale at all time low even before closing of the Shelton & Stratford CT sites. As far as Shelton site, it was a stressful environment due to nature of job that management did little to alleviate. Management instead managed by intimidation with threats of corrective action for the slightest of offenses while remaining completely clueless as to how to actually implement positive change and increase morale. There was also a great deal of cronyism, making it virtually impossible to advance unless you were very good friends with those in charge.
Many of the supervisors were very strong and certainly more than capable as well as being more capable of managing the operation than the managers themselves. However they had little chance to ever advance due to the extreme cronyism that ran rampant.
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
It was an exciting place to work as technology was exploding with advancements everyday
Director, Government Affairs (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYOctober 25, 2016
It was exciting to be part of a company that was a leader in technology and growing at light speed.

We took the company from a 36 channel cable company to a 800 channel entertainment leader also providing the fastest internet speeds and voice services.
Pros
generous benefits package
Cons
advancement was sometimes slow
Cablevision
Logistics (Current Employee) –  Bethpage, NYJuly 28, 2016
Typical work day at cable starts at 6 am by pulling orders for our W I C (walk in centers) all over the island and in the city. Then we go on mandatory morning break and start up again around 9:15 doing inventory and replenishing the racks using forklifts and power jacks and end the day by pulling orders for all our depots to go out the following morning. My manager is great, friendly guy who is reasonable with his workers on flexibility and working. My co workers are great guys also , everyone offers help to one another when needed. The hardest part of my day is replenishing the stock because we need to be prepped for the next day and if our count is off it can slow down production. The most enjoyable part of my job I would have to say is my employees and the work atmosphere here at cable.
Pros
benefits, time off, management
Comfortable work enviornment
Cash Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTNovember 5, 2016
Over the time I was at Cablevision, I was encouraged to learn beyond what I had already learned and was proficient at.

My co-workers and I had a friendly work environment. The work it self I enjoyed.

My management team was capable at their position and helpful in mine.
Pros
our benefits medical and retirement also discounts and perks
Good Benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 17, 2017
Great Benefits. No work/life balance. if you have children or other obligations this job is not for you. Your hours change every 6 months and they don't care/work with their employees about this
Pros
Almost free cable, free healthcare, company luncehons
Cons
short breaks, horrible work schedules
Cablevision was a Great Employer for 10 years
Strategic Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Jericho, NYJune 27, 2016
I called Cablevision home for a decade before it was sold to Altice USA. The culture and people working for the company were great. There was always room for advancement, if you were willing to work hard.
Pros
Free Cable, Great place to work, promotion opportunities available.
Cons
Micromanagement depending on the department.
Productive and fun work place.
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bethpage, NYSeptember 18, 2016
Cablevision has been known to provide excellent benefits to all of its employees. The work/life balance is extremely welcoming and seems like its own culture.
Great Place to work
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 13, 2016
Great place to work, with any place there is politics. Management needs to take more feedback from staff.No work/life however great group of colleagues.
Pros
Great group of colleagues
Cons
No work/life balance
Productive fun place to work
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTFebruary 22, 2017
Great Benefits, good potential for advancement. Family like atmosphere. Company stayed current with trends in the industry. Would recommend employment here to a friend

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Altice USA. Our community is ready to answer.