Altice USA Employee Reviews

Found 1,028 reviews matching the search
This is a physically and mentally challenging work place of which I enjoy.
Broadband Technician 2nd Level (Current Employee) –  Bossier City, LAJuly 26, 2017
I started out working for Suddenlink Communications. About a Year ago it was bought out by Altice. Since then it has been undergoing dramatic changes and I feel like they're taking the Technicians and turning them into contractors. I fear that it's just a matter of time before we lose our benefits, and 401K. At this point it is hard to give an honest review, things have changed so much. What was policy yesterday, has changed today. This seems to be the new standard for the company. For what it's worth I do enjoy my work. I love dealing with customer, solving problems, and will continue to learn. I am considered a good employee by my supervisors. And will be sent to an Advanced training school starting next week.
Pros
Challenging work, Customer interaction, Problem solving.
Cons
Direction of Company unsure, possible loss of benefits.
Promises not kept
Technical Support Representative III (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTJuly 26, 2017
Promised employment after acquisition, more than 500 employees let go within a 10 month time frame.

While operating under Cablevision, the benefits were comparable if not desired.

I would not work for this company (or similar) again.
Non stop work
Bell Captain (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 24, 2017
A typical day begins with preparing and reviewing menu specifications for meals to be served through out the day and updating employees schedules.

I learned to multi task under a fast paced environment.

Management provided independent latitude for judgement.

Fun and festive.

The physical demand of the job.

Seeing different parts of the world
Pros
World travel
Cons
Physical demands of the jobs
Not a great place to work
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Bethpage, NYJuly 24, 2017
Management does not care about experience only cost. So if you can be replaced by someone cheaper they will do it. They got rid of anyone with alot of years of experience. It was not directly said but implied in alot of stuff they did. They are just looking for the cheapest way of doing anything just to save money. Long term not a company that is good for its employees.
Pros
Cable benefit, insurance
Cons
alot of unpaid hours hours necessary to get job done.
Good Job
BB Tech III (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 21, 2017
I've been here many years and seen a lot of changes for better or worse. The key is to adapt and take on change full charge. Really noting bad to say.
Pros
everything
Cons
hot in the summer, cold in the winter
This place Sucks!
Don't worry about it. (Former Employee) –  New York StateJuly 21, 2017
French company came into the US and tore a good company apart. This company does not care about its employees. A lot of good hard working American techs lost their jobs and they are looking to hire people for minimum wage to do a job that has a lot of potential danger. The new owners are Narcissistic and all about themselves.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Used to be a good company as Cablevision.
Great benefits
Level III Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Jericho, NYJuly 20, 2017
Great benefits and people to work with, days go by very fast and vacation time builds up fast. The troubleshooting and resolution of problems from customers do bring joy during conclusion.
fast paced , stressful
SENIOR ADVANCED TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYJuly 20, 2017
Constantly expecting more , Altice is growing , but job security is low , and demands are high .
There is very little loyalty concerning management and employees . Expected productivity levels are constantly increasing to almost unrealistic rates .
You get the feeling that once you have worked long enough to make over a certain $ amount , they start looking for excuses to fire you .
Pros
potential growth
Cons
Lack of job security, poor benefits
Fearless Reinvention
Learning Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bethpage, NYJuly 20, 2017
Great place to work, new and innovative culture and products. The potential for growth and development. New product and more potential to make greater income
No longer a place worth working for
Customer Service Representative III (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 17, 2017
The environment is gloomy. People are no longer happy with their job. The queues after 5 pm doesn't die down until around 10 pm. The metrics are more stricter. Management has been reduced as well as supervisors. Sick time was reduced. Amenities were reduced at work as well. No Job security what so ever.
Altice is the company you would want to retire from.
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Bethpage, NYJuly 17, 2017
Very exciting growing technology company to work for, enjoyable workplace culture. Huge opportunity to grow and be a part of the big reinvention. Good benefits.
Pros
Exciting, Very promising
Cons
Moving to another town
Great Place to work
Supervisor, Field Collections Department (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 13, 2017
I really enjoyed my time employed at Altice. Though out my time there , I have learned a lot and enjoyed gong to work each day. The management team was proactive and responsive to all suggestions made.
taking calls
Customer Service Representative III, Call Center (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 11, 2017
hostile environment with little to no support. worst job ever. Money did not equate to the headache. not something to do long term just temporary....................................
Pros
lunch
Cons
everything
Not what it use to be
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  bethpageJuly 5, 2017
Since the sale of Cablevision to Altice in 2016, the work environment has not been the same. Many employees were given retirement packages and now with the move to LIC it will get worse. Short staffed stressful and low moral environment. Everyone seems to be very negative and not happy.
Benefits
Cons
Relocation to LIC, short staffed, unfriendly environment
workplace
Customer Service Representative Call Centre (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 3, 2017
Not much to say really. If you are looking for a brief stay with not much commitment or growth opportunities this may be the place for you. Learning and growth...
Pros
perks
Cons
perks
College Internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  Wappingers Falls, NYJuly 2, 2017
I worked as a newsroom staff member for the daily production of Cablevision news, great learning experience for college credits.
Staff was friendly but were exclusive.
productive work area with a game room
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 29, 2017
A very Busy work day everyday of the week.

I learned to handle one call at a time and to be empathetic.

Management always had an open door policy.

A very professional enviroment.

Assuring customers that your goal is to help them.

Satisfied customers.
They believe in team work.
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYJune 27, 2017
The team plays an important role in this organization. They are responsive for questions and issues that may come up on the technical and non- technical.
New ownership of the company has produced many changes, some more difficult than others
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYJune 24, 2017
Under new ownership for the past year. The best part of my job was supporting an exceptional executive and team! Loved the fast pace. The atmosphere could be depressing because not everyone was confidant they would have a job the next day. I am tremendously grateful to the wonderful experience I had with the previous owners, they were the best!
Pros
Growing company in USA
Cons
Be prepared for constant changes in management, staff and workplace
Nothing bad to say
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJune 24, 2017
The benefits are currently very good. My personal situation needs more work/life balance which they cannot provide. This was formerly Cablevision which will forever remain the best company to work for in my heart. Altice has changed many things since they took over which have been very hard to adapt too after 17 years but still a good company.
Benefits
Cons
No longer a company for the customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Altice USA. Our community is ready to answer.