Altisource Employee Reviews

Enjoyable work environment but no growth potential
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJanuary 20, 2017
Loved the people I worked with. But the company does not provide advancement or raises.... Management does not change and often delegates work to better suite their needs.
Great People, not so Great Infrastructure
Residential Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 5, 2016
Role is not for very experienced professionals. I absolutely enjoyed my team and the perks, but the management structure has some serious issues. e.g. A supervisor should not have to be trained on subject matter while "on the floor" by those he/she supervises. Having no experience, knowledge, or training in a field is a failure for both the superior and the subordinate. Senior managers and V.P.s are excellent! Limited policy structure in roles and ever-changing processes hinders the ability to achieve. Bonuses not delivered as promised in interview and Health benefits are mediocre at best. The secure facility is great as are the people!! Overall, I would return but only in a different capacity.
Pros
Flexible shifts and remote options; catered lunch and snacks provided.
Cons
Infrastructure Issues; Bonus structure; Benefits are not great.
Good Company
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 19, 2016
Typical day at Altisource consisted of taking inbound calls to assist customers with bill payment options.

Depending on the individual customer's circumstances there were various options available for keeping their services connected.

The management staff are really good at what they do. They are very hands on with training and assisting their teams. When new procedures for handling accounts came up, each manager would hold a team meeting. If the manager was not available for the meeting, then the team leader would have the privilege of holding the meeting.
Pros
Good management staff
Cons
Compensation
Jekyll and Hyde
Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 14, 2017
Jekyll during the interview process. Hyde once you begin.

There are a few dozen companies under the Altisource umbrella and they all operate in a different, but equally ineffective and inefficient manner. The issue is that no two companies or work groups have the same standards.

Turnover is a major issue. The trickle down from turnover creates waves. First, there is ZERO training when you on-board. It is basically a sink or swim scenario. The lack of training causes inefficiency. Then frustration. Then turnover. The next body is in the seat and the cycle repeats itself. When I started and asked if there was a list of best practices there was literally laughter at the question.

They are constantly having to hire the same positions over and over. At some point, maybe they need to reassess their practices, but the C-level executive are, for the most part, outside the U.S. So, the focus is bottom line only.

They do provide snacks, but I would much rather have office supplies over swedish fish and trail mix. That's right, office supplies are hard to come by.

This is a technology company that is years behind on the technology used by the staff. IT support is scarce and lacking at best. They are paranoid about IT security and employees are treated as potential IT threats. It is a very Y2K mentality that doesn't apply to today's workplace.

Work/life balance is preached, but it is merely lip service. I have heard from many co-workers that they always feel this cloud hovering over that you could be terminated at any moment if you do not put work first.

Pay
  more... is good, but benefits are weak. 401K is a joke. That bonus they told you about....it doesn't exist. Annual raise? NOPE! They pay above scale. Why do you need a raise? There is no annual raise process in place.  less
Pros
Free snacks, free parking, casual dress days, pay is above scale
Cons
Technology is years behind, low morale, no training
Dynamic
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAAugust 11, 2016
"A" types are recruited but once hired, they are restricted from reach their potential depending on security of manager. Egos can be a challenge but if you have experience with the "ole boys club" then one can navigate through the environment.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Politics
Lack of growth and opportunity to advance
Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 3, 2016
Company is hesitant to invest into employee growth and there is almost no opportunity to advance. Culture is improving but most of the qualified employees have already left.
Pros
Executive Management- very qualified
Cons
No advancement opportunities
Company in transition
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  RemoteNovember 28, 2016
Nothing good to report. I was a remote employee, and was mislead by manager. Manager's own children worked in department and received favoritism.
Pros
Sometimes good specs.
Cons
Policies inconsistent when applied to certain employees

Comment – December 22, 2016

Offshore QA Department in India is a Joke. As a developer had to spoon feed the Offshore employee step by step testing instructions on my own code. QA department had little understanding of system or application.

Boring and they are losing alot of good people
Customer service (Current Employee) –  TempeNovember 8, 2016
Magn is like the kids there. They start alot and talk to much they have favorites and ignore the good people they don't stand by there word and will lie really quickly. On you. Itsvlike a high school
An unorganized mess with bad management
Senior Product Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXJune 17, 2014
Altisource offers competitive pay, but is a nightmare to work for. management is overseas so a lot of the processes are outdated or do not work in american business. there infrastructure is horrendous and again outdated by at least 5 years. other department are in no rush to get critical item accomplished and when things fail it becomes a blame game instead an initiative to resolve the issue.

The programs they developed are a joke and there are no real fixes for issue other than constantly restarting the programs. user are constantly frustrated and because the position require you to be on floor with the customer you take all the wrath for the issue.

management is unsympathetic to the infrastructure issues that cause all the other issues with the programs and day to day business

the culture in bad as again the management is overseas and do not see an issue or do not clearly understand the day to day business implication their action cause
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
bad company culture and processes
Management will lie to your face
Residential Analyst, Valuations (Former Employee) –  St Louis, MOMarch 27, 2014
I worked at Altisource for almost 2 years. Over that time more and more of our work was outsourced to the India office, even while they kept telling us our jobs were secure and more work was coming. They continued to do this right up until the morning they eliminated our jobs. Horrible place to work for people that should not be able to sleep at night.
Pros
decent pay and benefits
Cons
upper management appears to be composed of greedy liars
Offshore Nightmare
Closing Agent (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXJune 9, 2016
Not a great place to work they treat the american offices as support for the offshore part of the company. jdjdjjdlkalfjiof
Pros
like the people in my office
Cons
no upper management support
Great place to work - Highly Recommend
Confidential (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 16, 2016
Dynamic work environment filled with extremely intelligent people. Decent work / life balance
High pay
Real Estate Conglemorate
Employee (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 30, 2016
All things real estate with different business units under one parent umbrella. Most employees are offshore and support onshore business.
Ok place to work for
Enterprise Sales and Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 18, 2016
Was working for equator and Altisource purchased Equator things changed from a family environment to a Corp environment.
Property Valuations Analyst
Valuations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXFebruary 22, 2014
I value residential properties by reviewing appraisals, broker price opinions and by assessing internal and external applications and resources. I review property condition, market trends and other factors in determining value. Valuations are conducted on properties across the nation. The most difficult part of the job is determining value based on drive by inspections where interior condition is unknown. Also, in parts of the country where limited information is available regarding comp features, such as in non-disclosure states. The most enjoyable part of my job is reviewing different property types in vastly different markets.
Pros
Short commute, enjoyable work environment/co-workers/management and enjoying what I do.
Cons
Uncertainty regarding future job security. Many jobs are being outsourced.
Terrible work culture forced on employees by senior management
Not Disclosed (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 2, 2014
This company promotes itself as a start-up but really isn't. It is a mostly off-shored vendor management company pushing its 10 year old technology and off-shoring outsource model. What makes it so awful is the work culture. Senior management doesn't trust the employees so they micro-manage and put so many controls in place you feel like you are in junior high (examples: clocking in, internet controls/blocks, everyone sits in cubes, email filters blocking personal emails, 5-10 compliance training programs each month, no food in your cube, etc.). Also, there is no work - life balance, only work and it has to be face time in the office. You feel chained to your desk for 10 or more hours a day and if you don't put it an extra 10-15 hours a week they will find a reason to let you go. PTO is given but they will blow up your email and phone the whole time with perceived emergencies. I am pretty sure Altisource is breaking the labor laws in every location it has. That is why the terrible culture isn't explained in any employment manual, it is whispered about and enforced quietly. This place reminds me of the movie "OFFICE SPACE" and the CAO and his proteges are all like Lumberg! If you have another option, trust me when I say that Altisource will burn you out and you are much better off not taking a position here. It looks good on paper but in reality they are lying about the bonus plan and you won't get 1/2 of what they say you will. Your benefits will cost you triple what they did at your previous employer. And the equity rights aren't worth a dime and will never pay out.  more... And all along you will be working more hours than you should be and missing life with your loved ones.  less
Pros
It is a job.
Cons
Terrible work culture, poor senior staff, company routinely lies to candidates benefits costs and bonuses, micro-management at all levels
Altisource review summary
Lead Engineer, Asst. Manager (Current Employee) –  CoppellFebruary 9, 2015
Great place to work at with excellent exposure on management.
A typical day at work starts with going through emails for any customer concerns and planning the calendar for the day considering the daily/weekly/unplanned meetings/calls. Day moves ahead by planning and allocating the work to the team. Taking application health checks and hygiene, priority based technical support to the customer queries/concerns. Overlooking the changes in the application and releases. Internal and customer Reporting.
Pros
Career growth, opportunities
Horrible experience from beginning to end
Assistant (Former Employee) –  AtlantaSeptember 22, 2013
If I could give it a zero, I would! Absolute terrible place to work. Management is all over the place so there is no leadership nor direction. They expect late hours. Pay is not that great. Turnover is extremely high and there is definitely a reason for it. They treat the employees like dogs. There is no culture except let's yell at each other and tell on people like 2 year olds. People are extremely stiff and HR is unprofessional. Some co-workers were friendly but they all felt overworked and underpaid. There are definitely too many snakes in the grass.

I was never given a formal job description so I never knew what was expected of me. They made me feel like less than nothing. I was underutilized and directionless. I was happy to leave.
Pros
nothing
Cons
negative culture, bad management, unprofessional, no leadership, no integrity
Sucks
Implementation Project Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 8, 2016
company will take you back to the 90s ..outdated software and hardware..... great for a start out job and to gain experience only
Business casual call center
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 2, 2015
This call center provided customer service for a gas and electric company. Managers and supervisors were very friendly and hands on with employees. Every day we take calls to help customers with their bills and provide payment plans if needed. Our ultimate goal was to provide great customer service while helping our clients with bills and payments. The hardest part about this job was the high volume call flow. The best thing about being apart of this company was their hands on managers, if you ever needed help on anything they were there to assist you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Altisource. Our community is ready to answer.