Altisource Employee Reviews

No command and Control
Recording (Former Employee) –  AtlantaAugust 22, 2015
Very unorganized environment. High turnover in staff and mid-level management. You can expect to work 10 or more hours of overtime every week and not get ahead. No onshore customer service. Prepare to be threatened with legal action by customers calling in. Management talks a good game but does not put boots on the ground to support the amount of business.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Poor management and process leaves employees burnt out after a few months of service.
Altisource review summary
Lead Engineer, Asst. Manager (Current Employee) –  CoppellFebruary 9, 2015
Great place to work at with excellent exposure on management.
A typical day at work starts with going through emails for any customer concerns and planning the calendar for the day considering the daily/weekly/unplanned meetings/calls. Day moves ahead by planning and allocating the work to the team. Taking application health checks and hygiene, priority based technical support to the customer queries/concerns. Overlooking the changes in the application and releases. Internal and customer Reporting.
Pros
career growth, opportunities
Asset Valuation and Writing Rebuttals to Repurchase Demands
FINANCIAL ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXNovember 13, 2014
Reviewed repurchase demand letters to determine if the origination appraisal was accurate. Wrote rebuttals for appraisals that were determined to be accurate. Wrote concur reports for appraisals that were deficient in order to substantiate and allow the reader to understand the deficiencies.
Altisource
NA (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 8, 2014
Very unstable. Unclear processes which change everyday. Extreme ego wars between all the managers
Very busy and high paced enviroment.
Title Search Processor & Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 14, 2014
Altisource, is a great company to work for. It is a very high paced environment. They are considerate of their employees.
Pros
there is always something new to learn.
Cons
there is no room for career advancement
Do not land here
Treasury Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 26, 2014
This is an overbearing oppressive atmosphere. There is not teaching or learning curve, if you don't get it the first time they take it away from you.
Pros
5 each day
Cons
everything
Stay Away
Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 28, 2014
Stay away at all cost! This is a selfish company that does not care about it workers.
Unorganized & Poorly Structured Company
Associate (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOJuly 25, 2014
Management was disorganized and not reliable to provide assistance and/or guidance. Newer company that went through restructuring frequently.
Fun Workplace with great people
Valuations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXJune 19, 2014
Altisource is a good company overall. They brought us out when we were AHMSI. The people were very friendly to work with and the management was great.
Pros
flexible work scedules
Cons
cost of insurance
An unorganized mess with bad management
Senior Product Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXJune 17, 2014
Altisource offers competitive pay, but is a nightmare to work for. management is overseas so a lot of the processes are outdated or do not work in american business. there infrastructure is horrendous and again outdated by at least 5 years. other department are in no rush to get critical item accomplished and when things fail it becomes a blame game instead an initiative to resolve the issue.

The programs they developed are a joke and there are no real fixes for issue other than constantly restarting the programs. user are constantly frustrated and because the position require you to be on floor with the customer you take all the wrath for the issue.

management is unsympathetic to the infrastructure issues that cause all the other issues with the programs and day to day business

the culture in bad as again the management is overseas and do not see an issue or do not clearly understand the day to day business implication their action cause
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
bad company culture and processes
The company acquired 3 other company's so there were many layoffs.
Asset Analyst (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXApril 16, 2014
The management that I worked under was good and I enjoyed working for them. As for a normal day, the work load was steady and things could change from day to day as far as procedure.
Pros
good people to work with.
Cons
layoffs
Work Here If You Want to Lose Your Sanity
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 1, 2014
Poor management. There is an expectation that you have no life and no family. If you want to be smothered by a culture of idiocy, this is where you should work.
Management will lie to your face
Residential Analyst, Valuations (Former Employee) –  St Louis, MOMarch 27, 2014
I worked at Altisource for almost 2 years. Over that time more and more of our work was outsourced to the India office, even while they kept telling us our jobs were secure and more work was coming. They continued to do this right up until the morning they eliminated our jobs. Horrible place to work for people that should not be able to sleep at night.
Pros
decent pay and benefits
Cons
upper management appears to be composed of greedy liars
Very little concern for welfare of employees
Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 26, 2014
I did not agree with the management style or business practices
Property Valuations Analyst
Valuations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXFebruary 22, 2014
I value residential properties by reviewing appraisals, broker price opinions and by assessing internal and external applications and resources. I review property condition, market trends and other factors in determining value. Valuations are conducted on properties across the nation. The most difficult part of the job is determining value based on drive by inspections where interior condition is unknown. Also, in parts of the country where limited information is available regarding comp features, such as in non-disclosure states. The most enjoyable part of my job is reviewing different property types in vastly different markets.
Pros
short commute, enjoyable work environment/co-workers/management and enjoying what i do.
Cons
uncertainty regarding future job security. many jobs are being outsourced.
Top manager respective three years with a large international company that employees over 6,000 employees
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 6, 2014
Our Company
Altisource provides services to some of the most respected organizations in their industries, including one of the nation’s largest sub-prime servicers, government agencies and many lenders, servicers, investors, mortgage bankers, credit unions, financial services companies and hedge funds across the country.

We leverage 20 years of servicing and 60 years of debt collection experience to provide services and technologies that span the mortgage lifecycle from origination through REO asset management, in addition to asset recovery and customer relationship management. Our 24 / 7 global operations include more than 6,000 employees.

Our executive team comprises notable and well respected industry veterans who have published numerous articles and research papers, presented at a wide variety of industry conferences and been cited as experts in both trade and consumer publications.

A variety of industry organizations have recognized Altisource’s contributions and featured the company in several annual industry rankings. Visit the Recognition and Awards page for more information on our achievements.

Altisource trades publicly under the ticker ASPS on the NASDAQ Global Select Market.
Workplace with ping pong table.
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 28, 2013
Workplace with ping pong table. I would wish that it would better orginized.
Pros
free food.
Cons
not well organized.
Horrible experience from beginning to end
Assistant (Former Employee) –  AtlantaSeptember 22, 2013
If I could give it a zero, I would! Absolute terrible place to work. Management is all over the place so there is no leadership nor direction. They expect late hours. Pay is not that great. Turnover is extremely high and there is definitely a reason for it. They treat the employees like dogs. There is no culture except let's yell at each other and tell on people like 2 year olds. People are extremely stiff and HR is unprofessional. Some co-workers were friendly but they all felt overworked and underpaid. There are definitely too many snakes in the grass.

I was never given a formal job description so I never knew what was expected of me. They made me feel like less than nothing. I was underutilized and directionless. I was happy to leave.
Pros
nothing
Cons
negative culture, bad management, unprofessional, no leadership, no integrity
Consistent fast pace work environment.
Default Team Lead Manager (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAAugust 14, 2013
I ensured compliance with Federal Laws and Company guidelines in order to minimize losses and legal concerns. These tasks include the application of monthly reporting, execution of issuing Trustees Deeds, Warranty Deeds, Quit Claim Deeds and Substitute Trustees Deeds, while managing a staff of 10-15 associates
Pros
large employee base off shore (india) however wants to create a larger on shore presence.
Cons
currently closing down offices that are within the states
typical fast paced environment
Manager - National Title Services (Former Employee) –  atlanta, gaJuly 31, 2013
Working with Altisource was an unique experience in a fast paced environment.
Pros
open environment
Cons
location