Alton Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Fast paced
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Alton, ILNovember 18, 2015
I loved my job and working for AMH. We were always fast paced and I loved working with others. The management needed some improvement but I'm sure they've worked that out by now. My co-workers were amazing and always willing to help out when needed. We worked as a time from the time we clocked in to the time we clocked out. The hardest part of my job was seeing so many sick patients and knowing that I was going to have to poke them with a needle. Also doing blood draws on infants. I loved my job and my time there, I was sad to have to leave. We had fun but also got our draws done.
Pros
Discount lunches
Cons
Blood draws at 2 am
fast paced very busy
Representative (Current Employee) –  Alton, ILNovember 2, 2015
Work very hard each day. some coworkers are hard workers others not so good. don't see much of management, but enjoy working with the public
busy
Operating Room Nurse (Current Employee) –  Alton, ILAugust 16, 2015
We are busy for a smaller hospital within the BJC system and do numerous orthopedic procedures. One of the fairly newer procedures is an anterior total hip replacement.
Something new everyday
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Alton, ILJuly 27, 2015
I personally loved when I volunteered at AMH. Some days it was really fast pace, which I enjoyed. The nurses I worked under, on the surgical care unit, were very helpful and open. The residents were lovely to care for.
Night shift support
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Alton, ILMay 16, 2015
Must be a critical thinker, ready to work hard, understaffed and not expect much appreciation or praise. Staff generally is disgruntled and morale is low. Patient care is high with a great respiratory staff.
Cons
No uninterrupted breaks, no food offered at mealtimes, no support for night shift
amh
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Alton, ILMay 1, 2015
good job place to work...upper management not great, good pay, flexible hours....7-330, learned a lot..coworkers were fun
Working within a team environment for a common goal
Lead Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Alton IllinoisFebruary 25, 2015
I loved working within a team with doctors nurses and techs towards a common goal. I enjoyed helping people and their families during difficult times. I took a lot of pride in what I did.
Community Hospital with little room for growth
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Alton, ILFebruary 14, 2015
RT has little to no say in patient care. Physicians order unnecessary therapies. I love taking care of my patients, especially the elderly but it is difficult when I disagree with care or feel that care is deficient.
Wonderful environment
Lab Tech/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Alton, ILOctober 27, 2014
Early start to the day, early finish
Real sense of teamwork
Hands on management that was encouraging and fair
Friendly patients as well as friendly coworkers
Not a lot of hours per pay period
Modern Facility
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Alton, ILSeptember 21, 2014
This facility has been recently remodeled with private rooms for many patients and a new relaxing color scheme. I really enjoyed being a student at this facility. The doctors here were very receptive to students and took the time to teach us a little extra.
workplace
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Alton, ILSeptember 10, 2014
I would collect people's blood daily, my co-workers were a lot of fun
Fun workplace
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Alton, ILAugust 7, 2014
I enjoy knowing I'm helping others each and everyday. I learned to accurately take blood glucose testing and to document things electronically.
As my first position, I've learned a lot
RRT (Current Employee) –  Alton, ILMay 6, 2014
Management and Administration are great to work with. Enjoy my coworkers. Hardest part of the job is my commute - as I am coming from West County.
a
Lab Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Alton IllinoisFebruary 24, 2014
On a typical day, I organize and correct doctor's orders so that the correct orders are in and there are no duplicate orders. Documentation is very important because I am canceling and reordering for the doctors. During this time, I am also responsible for the blood draws on the floor and in the emergency department. Towards the end of the shift, I wake up most of the patients in the hospital for their daily labs.
Fun people to work with. Fast paced work, which I peersonally liked
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Alton, ILFebruary 21, 2014
I worked two different positions at Alton Memorial Hospital. First in Health Information where I was responsible for assembling all Emergency Room records with their respective test results (lab results, x-ray results etc.). Then, after assembling was completed, I filed away each day's Emergency Room patient's charts away by date of visit and also in order by patient medical record number. Most of the entire office was also responsible for taking phone requests for records from us to be sent via fax to physician's offices so the physician could have that patient's test results. I used several different software programs that were exclusive to the hospital and BJC. I had to learn all of them proficiently to be able to perform my daily duties. I got along with all of my co-workers and usually tried to lend a hand to one of them if they were behind and my responsibilities had been fulfilled. I also worked under the manager of the Surgery department. This was my second position with the hospital. It was part-time. In that position, I learned to use the timekeeping software TMAT to perform payroll duties bi weekly for the surgical department. I also prepared presentations and various documents for the department manager. I had my own office so I didn't have to work as closely with others but I still got along great with all other co-workers in the department. The hardest part of both positions was the work load, as it was quite massive. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people. Not only the co-workers but the patients as well and knowing that you are doing some small part  more... in the workings of getting them the care they needed.  less
Pros
great benefits and rewards
Cons
short breaks, around a lot of illness
Great workplace
Ultrasonographer (Former Employee) –  Alton, ILJanuary 22, 2014
I loved the doc's and the team I worked with. I enjoyed my experience there.
People and goal oriented workplace
Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Alton, ILJanuary 18, 2014
For the most part the people in a hospital enviroment are generally focused on the same thing, patient care and making their hospital the best available for the public. This is one such place. I enjoyed my ineraction with the patients and the various hospital staff and departments. One of the problems I encountered while working at the hospital was system shutdown. This frequently happened and often with no supervisors on staff, at these times we relied on our training and teamwork. Meeting so many different people from all walks of life.
Pros
a friendly enviroment with potential to learn new skills
Cons
getting attached to the patients
Imu
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Alton, ILJanuary 14, 2014
I work with an outstanding group of nurses and techs, who are very dedicated to provided excellent care!
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Alton, ILDecember 27, 2013
While no place is perfect, this is a great place to work and get started in any field of medicine or support staffing position.
enjoyable place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Alton, ILNovember 14, 2013
I enjoyed working with my co-workers. Everyone seem to enjoy being there. I think it was a pretty easy going atmosphere.

4.2