Altoona Regional Health System

Altoona Regional Health System Employer Reviews

Nice community hospital
GN to Registered Nurse, Full- time status (Former Employee), Altoona, PAJune 9, 2014
I worked for Altoona Regional for a little over a year and then moved. It was a small unit and a great place to start my nursing career in. If I hadnt moved, I may still be working there. It was a nice, calm enviroment. Co-workers were awesome.
Different
Nutrional Services Assistant (Former Employee), Altoona, PAMarch 27, 2014
This was my first full time employment. Many of my co-workers were great individuals and the diverse personalities really made work fun.
good place to work
EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Altoona, PASeptember 12, 2013
Pros: good place to work
Cons: more full time
good place to work..lots of experience, good people, stable environment
Busy Work Place but FUN
Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (Current Employee), Altoona, PAJuly 22, 2013
At UPMC Altoona Health System, I find my typical day to be scrubbing/ monitoring an average of 6 cases a day. In the healthcare field there are always times where we are way over booked and times where there are not enough cases for the day. The most amount of cases I have personally scrubbed in one day was 12. I have realized how important co-workers are, they seem to get me through each and every crazy day with a smile on my face. I can rely on them in emergencies as well as everyday cases. I find the hardest part of my job are the times when I am the only scrubber in the room and my only time throughout the day to actually sit down is lunch time. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the patients so thankful that we have fixed a lesion or we found out that their arteries are clean. I think that is the most rewarding part and keeps me loving what it is I do.
Helping others
Information Desk Reception Greeter (Volunteer) (Former Employee), Altoona, PAApril 26, 2013
Pros: all the people i met.
Cons: missing the people i helped.
My review would be that I loved the people I worked with the skills I gained on the job, the training I gave back to help others.
Wonderful hospital
Student Nurse (Former Employee), Altoona, PAJanuary 16, 2013
* Wonderful hospital to work at with many opportunities for growth.
* Excellent nurses who offered insight into the nursing profession
* Clinical instructors were very knowledgeable and hands-on.
* Most enjoyable part of the job was taking care of the patients.
Fast paced work environment
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee), Altoona, PADecember 8, 2012
Pros: working with public
Cons: short breaks
I work in Patient Access in the Emergency Department. It is a very high tempo/fast paced work environment. I deal with government and all other medical insurances on a daily basis. I have verify all of these insurances. I also deal with auto insurance and workers comp. insurance. I enjoy working with all of my co-workers. The hardest part of the job is the situations we have to deal and cope with. The most rewarding part of this job is dealing and helping the public.
Mercy and Bon Secours Hospitals were great places to work
Anethesia Office Manager (Former Employee), Altoona, PAOctober 6, 2012
Pros: co-workers from mercy and bon secours
Cons: animosity from altoona regional workeers
Before the hospital merger, I was employed by Mercy Hospital and Bon Secours Hospitals respectively - very positive and enjoyable workplace before the merger with Altoona Regional - things became very unorganized, and employees were laid off or displaced. Truly loved my job from 1979-2004 when the hospital merger happened.
My first opportunity working with patients.
Student Nurse (Former Employee), Altoona, PAJuly 23, 2012
While my time here was short, I enjoyed working with medical surgical patients, and the hospital staff who also works with them.