Altorfer Employee Reviews

lots of room for advancment
Ag field technician (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAApril 4, 2017
loved working for the company. there is so much potential for anyone to move up and so many different opportunities for advancement into Ag or construction and able to move into technology for GPS.
good place to work
Order Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  West Branch, IAOctober 15, 2015
I liked working there and liked the people who I worked with. Wished it wouldn't have been just seasonal. It was a fun place to work. They treated everyone the same.
Caution when you take a job here
management (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids IowaJuly 22, 2015
employees are disrespectful to customers and management thinks the remarks are cute.
There is a sense of " take advantage of the customer and if he pays the bill with out complaint then so be it".
When I was hired I was told by other employees "watch you back"
and at a latter date that statement holds very true.
do not work here and think that you will have job security.
Altorfer is good at telling you you are doing a good job and the next day come in and tell you that you are done and no one will ever explain why, you work for a company for 10 plus years and they cannot have the respect to tell you why you are being terminated.
This company prides itself in being a family business and you get the sense that the ceo has there door open to listen at all times but that is far from the reality.
Pros
you will be real good at watching your back
Cons
lots of stress not worth the effort
Cashier
Accounts Receivable Associate (Former Employee) –  Cedar rapids iowaAugust 13, 2013
Helping customers check out and make sure they have everything they were looking for. Makes for a long day. Pay is great and co workers were good
good place to work
Receptionist/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IowaAugust 1, 2013
Filing daily documents, answering multi line phones and directed them where it needed to go, be in charge of the daily cash drawer and credit card machine with blancing it out every night.
I filed workermans compensation papers and if a mechanic got hurt on the job sent him off to the doctor and followed through with his injury until he was 100% recovered.
The manager Earl was great at his job, whenever I needed help or had a problem he was always there to talk me through it.
Pros
a couple times a year we took the profit from the pop cans and had a bbq
Cons
no room for advancement
CompleteWork Orders, Maintained Customer Service and Dispatched Field Servicemen to the field to repair Caterpillar machines.
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILMarch 21, 2013
A typical day at Altorfer was preparing quotes for future work, preparing daily work orders and dispatching field technicians to diagnose and repair Caterpillar machines Monday through Saturday. I completed all work orders for the shop and field repairs for payment.
I met with new customers, maintained customer excellence with our existing customers and I handled highly problematic situations with a reasonable solution while keeping both the customer and management happy. I worked with the local Union Steward over grievances.

I learned a great deal about Caterpillar machines. I piloted a software program from Caterpillar which aided in transferring the technicians notes onto the statement which was pivotal in time management for the technicians and myself.
Pros
management became contemptible
Cons
fun to work with field and shop technicians

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Altorfer. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2