ALTOUR Employee Reviews

Great Company
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Los Angeles, CASeptember 7, 2017
I was working temporarily at ALTOUR through a temp agency. It's a great company with lots of friendly people. Management is very well aware of everything going on and always willing to help you and listen to you with out any problem. You always get to meet new people vendors with different type of business especially travel.
Its not terrible; it could be a great place
Onsite Agent (Current Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INAugust 2, 2017
It has potential to be great. I barely know the manger. If they paid more and was not so clickish it would be a great place too work, also the shift does not bring a lot of work-life balance, because you could run over on calls the times should really be adjusted or staggered.
Pros
You learn to use GDS system and they are a little flexible
Cons
they do not train you well
Bad
Agent for Independent Consultant (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NYMay 25, 2017
Yelled at repeatedly by an independent contractor when I was doing my best, Her negative comments towards the CEO and curse words used in the office about people and product made it a really bad experience.
Pros
no comment
Cons
no comment
Large company with good reputation
Corporate Travel Agent (Current Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INSeptember 29, 2016
Altour is a competitive travel agency that markets to the upper class, VIP, and corporate travel groups. As a corporate account agent, I am in charge of working alongside UPS and their crew scheduling department to book commercial travel for their airline pool it's to get from home to work and vice versa.
Pros
Flexible schedule, weekends off
Cons
Poor management, morale. No large pay raise incentives
Not fun
Corporate Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 7, 2016
A lot of nepotism going on. Basically no training and thrown to the wolves. No response when I mentioned training. I feel sorry for the clients because we are not trained and work under a guessing game everyday. They train you by email.
Pros
Cons
no match on 301K, never had new employee orientation
Not a well suited enviroment for one who wants work life balance
Manager (Current Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INMarch 2, 2016
I have worked for ALTOUR for several years and have yet to be able to be given the opportunity to have a work life balance. They believe that all employees must perform at 110% at all times while giving 60 hours a week to get tasks done that should be split among several employee types.
Pros
Staff is friendly
Cons
Healthcare, Work Life Balance
Professional environment with engaged and enthusiastic individuals
Purchasing Manager (Current Employee) –  Savage, MNJuly 6, 2015
I started a new career with ALTOUR in May of 2014. Fast-forward to just a over a year later, I can confidently say that I have gained invaluable skills in contract negotiations with vendors through the sourcing and procurement.

Having the opportunity to work alongside passionate professionals who truly take pride in their day-to-day job duties can create a contagious working environment.
Summary of a 25 year career in TRAVEL!
Independent Group Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 3, 2014
Being with Altour has allowed me to put my best professional foot forward and know that the agency has my back on any challenge! Being self motivated and creative, while assesing my client's needs affords me the priviledge of servicing all socio-economic levels. While having access to all modes of transportation, including private jet service and drawing from experience of the Altour community, I'm empowered to exhaust every travel possibility! It's wonderful knowing that I still enjoy my work so much! I'm in a great position, at this stage of my professional career! My perspective would be an asset to any travel related opportunity!
Pros
Altour respected industry leader; managing my own schedule;no ofc. distractions.
Cons
No more free passes from the airline vendors anymore! :)
Corporate atmosphere
Assistant to Independent Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 30, 2012
Business hours are 8:30 - 6:00. Health insurance provided, but very expensive. 401K available, but no matching funds. Paid national holidays. Dress code, but casual Fridays. Well-established hierarchy, but very little chance for advancement. Clearly defined class system.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALTOUR. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8