ALTRES Employee Reviews

no commit
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIDecember 5, 2017
not enough job offering, they keep up with the basics like cpr, tb updates etc.... however, if you don't call or text them for work, you'll never hear from them.
Local Culture / Compassion
PPA / Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HINovember 30, 2017
Local Culture is pretty rough sometimes. It is very competitive and extremely judgmental by where you are from ( on or off island) I was harassed at most of the jobs I was placed with altres and the management didn't seem to care about my mental health but more so, the relationship between them and their contracted affiliates aka money source.
Pros
Good opportunities
Cons
Lack of compassion
Professional, ethical, friendly
Data Analyst, On Contract at Suisan (Current Employee) –  Hilo, HINovember 3, 2017
Helpful, very timely responses, complete details of offer, great follow-through, direct - no nonsense factual data yet lively and personable discussions...
Good place to work for
I provide outstanding customer service (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 29, 2017
I have had a lot of jobs with Altres and they have all been very good positions and the pay has always been very good. They have always made my experience with them very pleasant. I would highly recommend this company.
Pros
Pays well
Cons
no paid holidays or sick days
Fast paced, fun & caring company
Personnel Manager (Former Employee) –  Kahului, HISeptember 13, 2017
This is a company that is family oriented and truly takes care of their employees. They host 2 events a year during Christmas and Summer, where they will fly their outer island employees to the event. They also hold fun weekly meetings where all islands tune into, so it has a sense of inclusiveness for all. The atmosphere is fun, fast & competitive. The CEOs of this company are extremely personable and approachable.
My first job after graduating
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIAugust 22, 2017
I started working for Altres after graduating from Nursing school, Corrections nursing, it taught me a variety of different roles, how to handle different styles of patients and peers. Definitely not a good start for a new grad RN, but it did get me a foot in the door for nursing and that I have to be thankful for.
Pros
Make your own time to work
Cons
You have to call in to get hours/shifts
Great temp agency for new people coming to the work force or people who just need a fresh start in the work environment
Laborer (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Hilo, HIAugust 12, 2017
A typical day of work may or may not always be the same .
Great work place management and a friendly staff .
Flexible hours and scheduling .
Work specific hiring , jobs found to your abilities.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Temp hiring agency
Overall A Great Experience
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 20, 2017
The company was very professional and truly cared about the happiness of their customers and their employees. If an employee was unhappy in their assignment, staff members worked quickly to resolve the issue and if no resolution could be found then they were happy to assign another person to that position and find the employee another assignment. It was a great place to be when transitioning from military life into the civilian sector. I was really appreciative that they worked really hard to find a good fit for everyone. I don't really have complaints.
Pros
Considerate and timely
Cons
Logging hours was a little annoying.
cuando actuaba la antigua adiministracion funcionaba bien,pero la nueva he sido una ruina
carpinteria de alunminio (Former Employee) –  la puelbla de alfindenJuly 17, 2017
valoro la enpresa,en la antigua administracion,era outa cosa pagos correctos.
Paid weekly a plus
Temp - Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hilo, HIJune 28, 2017
Not to much assignments and when you do have one if it's in your field of work it usually doesn't last long. The assignments are really short and very low pay.
Pros
Paid weekly every Friday
Cons
Assignments are kind of scarce and aren"t long lasting depending on your field
quick job placement
firewatch (Former Employee) –  Maalaea, HIJune 12, 2017
found me a job the first day I went there. they found me a full time permanent job making decent money. I was told they place people at jobs that aren't very good.
No benefits
Unloading Containers (Former Employee) –  Hilo, HIMay 21, 2017
It's a Temp agency they assigned jobs but benefits is not much when I do a job at one job site for years . When working I have no choice but to work until I get a better and stability job .
Cons
some benefits
good opportunity
Greenskeeper (Former Employee) –  Kailua-Kona, HIApril 7, 2017
employer is a temp service that provides jobs quickly and reliably. pay rate is very competitive and definately worth looking into especially if you are having trouble finding a job
Pros
good wages
Cons
positions are temporary so you tend to bounce from job to job
Fast paced enviornment with a variety of job duties
Cashier and hospitality (Former Employee) –  ‘Aiea, HI 96701March 28, 2017
There were always customers and job duties that had to be fulfilled on a regular work day. I loved the fast paced environment but moving to Washington I had to quit.
Pros
friendly co workers
Cons
wage
I love working here.
Laborer for Temp Job (Former Employee) –  Kahului, HI 96732March 26, 2017
The staffing is always professional and caring. They find you a place to work according to your needs and wants. They give medical, dental, and paid vacation.
Pros
have medical, dental, paid vactions benefits
Cons
most are temporarly job sites
Great place to work.
In-House Medical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIFebruary 22, 2017
The hiring process was detailed, but not to long. I felt like that they were invested in me, made sure that I was happy and satisfied. When one job ended, I always had somewhere else to go. Loved them.
Pros
Wonderful people and wonderful place to work
Cons
none that I'm aware of.
Great employer
Industrial Laborer (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIFebruary 10, 2017
Great benefits, good places to work at and bonuses galore. The staff are friendly and work with you on getting placed with a compatible company.
Meter Reader (Current Employee) –  Hilo, HIJanuary 31, 2017
I've been working through ALTRES for almost a year now. Theyre pretty great. My only qualm is that they don't have great medical, dental or vision, but thats about it.
Altres Staffing
Accounting, F/C Bookkeeper, Accounting Support (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIDecember 14, 2016
Overall I liked the placement at the Hawaii Foodbank Inc. very much, would have wanted it to be permanent. The associates at Altres were very pleasant to work with and I look forward to other placement
opportunities through their agency.
Pros
parking was available at job site
Cons
it was a temp position
The most enjoyable experience of MY job
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Aiea town squareOctober 25, 2016
I learned to communicate people respect
and good management friend staff
Memorable moments of my job experience
I wish TO GO back TO this company
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Nice

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ALTRES. Our community is ready to answer.