Altria

Altria Employee Reviews

Review Summary
Production Technician III - Machine Operator (Former Employee), Concord, NCApril 25, 2015
Pros: Great pay and benefits
Cons: Living out of state
Atria Services Inc., Philip Morris was a great company to work for. Management was open to any suggestions to make a better workplace. My fellow employees always worked together to get the job finished. The hardest part of the job was being away from N.C.
Partnership and reward
Territory Sales Manager/Key Account Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: company vehicle and great benefits
A typical day at work would consist of visiting eight accounts. Working with each account to understand their business, analyze data to determine key insights, develop strategies using company resources, implement, track and measure each strategy to grow the account's business based on their goals. I learned how to become a valued partner with my accounts. Management within Altria was very supportive in assisting with goals and plans as well as continual training around growth. I worked in a team environment with my co-workers being viewed as you might view family. The hardest part of my job was balancing work life and personal life in a limited amount of time during the day. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching my accounts be successful and knowing I played a significant role.
Good salary, difficult culture
Manager (Current Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 30, 2015
Great benefits, good salary but way too much management and levels of approval for everything. Very bureaucratic and conservative.
Good Job
Administrative Assistant/MT3 (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 27, 2015
Great company to work for. Great benefits, work environment and stability.
Great place to work.
REGIONAL MANAGER, SPECIAL AUDIT INVESTIGATIONS (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 12, 2015
Altria senior management has very high expectations for their employees and compensate them very well for that expectation.
Productive and challenging
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee), RichmondJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: teambuidling events throughout year
Cons: fast paced with few breaks
Process invoices on an Online Document Center and update vendors and staff about invoice discrepancies.
Wide roles required for business
ELDP Intern (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: great pay, well curated facilities, diverse enviroment
Cons: segmented facility culture, labor union restrictions
With many avenues of business, there is something for everyone at Altria Client services.

The most enjoyable part of the work was interacting with teams spanning different specializations.
sales and merchandising position
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee), GeorgiaOctober 14, 2014
Great pay and benefits. Promotion typically causes relocation. Culture depends on section teams
Best job in the world
Benefit Investment Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 7, 2014
Great Benefits
Nice group of people
Experience of a life time
Travel
Company put their employees first
Was able to start as a Accounts Payable Clerk and work my way up to Benefit investment Assistant where I worked closely with 401k managers, health and welfare people
Nice staff, job security can be an issue
Part-time Relief Nurse (Former Employee), Richmond, VASeptember 14, 2014
Pros: nice cafeteria, nice co-workers
Cons: parking
I was hired with 3 other part-time relief nurses and we were let go 6 months later. Grant it, there was no guarantee but the way it was done was not nice. The company went through a $400 million lay off so it affected a lot of the company. the facility is nice at Phillip Morris and the co-workers are nice but tend to get into everyone's business. Being part-time, I did not get benefits but I know they are great.
Professional
Receptionist (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 5, 2014
Pros: met new people
Cons: very uptight
Great for learning about Congressional Event Planning. Learned a lot about Political Stands
Excellent place to work, many career opportunities
Senior Group Manager, Marketing Operations (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 22, 2014
Very challenging place to work with great people. Wonderful culture with great career opportunities.
Good work environment with a good team effort among employees.
Catwalk Attendant & Facility Sanitation (Current Employee), Nashville, TNApril 20, 2014
Pros: insurance, benefits, wonderful perks
Cons: distance i travel to work & the time i lose at home traveling to work.
I enjoy my job and the people I work with are helpful to each other. They provide excellent benefits and perks. I feel that I have grown as a leader and team player. I do my job well and feel that I am appreciated as an employee. I have made many close friends here and will miss this.
Excellent Employer
Senior Legal Analyst (Current Employee), Richmond, VAApril 10, 2014
Altria is an excellent place to work with top notch benefits.
work environment
Retriever/ Loader (Current Employee), Nashville, TNMarch 14, 2014
it is a good culture work environment and it have great benefits for hourly employee
Rewarding Job in challenging industry
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 6, 2014
Typical week consists of about 45-60 hours of work, both in office and visiting accounts. Very autonomous job that allows for flexibility of the work day. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping business owners with their own personal goals and achieving them. The hardest part is the advancement process and the stress that can stretch into your after work hours.
Challenging and rewarding work environment with great benefits
Senior Brand Analyst - Marlboro (Current Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: great benefits and compensation, ability to travel, workshops and training
Cons: conservative decision making, slow paced compared to industry standards, low diversity
My time at Altria, specifically on the PM USA Brand Team, has been a huge learning experience and a great place to start a career. The company values its employees and makes great efforts to improve the culture each year.

That being said it is sometimes frustrating when ideas from the "bottom" are overruled by upper management because of sheer positional power. The company is trying to make a cultural shift to change this, but as with all large corporations, it will take time.

Personal Development is extremely valued at the company and there are countless opportunities for employees to gain experience outside of their individual roles through speaker series, functional rotations and employee resource groups. Feedback and performance reviews are held in high esteem and really help to track against personal and organizational milestones.

The day to day work in the brand department is exciting and challenging and there are rarely days where you are confined to a cubicle. The most enjoyable part of the job are the people and the sense of teamwork and inclusion that I feel amongst my co-workers. In addition, I greatly appreciate the autonomy given to even entry-level employees. It shows that the company trusts its employees and allows for greater development and leadership potential at any level in the organization.
Great resources available. Excellent Pay and Benefits
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: great company to work for. being out on the road was nice.
Cons: work-life balance
Altria provides excellent resources to allow their sales force to meet and exceed their goals. Co-workers provide support and work together as a team. The hardest part of the job was finding a good life-work balance without affecting job performance. Management was supportive and always available. I enjoyed working for this company. Benefits are outstanding. Company car was provided.
Great Compensation and Great Benefits
Analyst HR Benefits (Former Employee), Richmond, VADecember 8, 2013
Pros: compensation and benefits
Cons: declining market. company forced to reduce workforce on an almost yearly basis.
Great compensation and great benefits. The company generally provides the best tools available for its employees. Almost anything that can be outsource is already outsourced.

Expectations are generally in the stratosphere. Management generally belongs to the pre-2008 spin-off group with many years of service and generally has only worked for this company. Management is as a rule of thumb disconnected from the realities of today where work-life balance being non-existent by any definition.
A great experience with great people
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee), New OrleansDecember 5, 2013
As a territory sales manager no two days are ever the same. You work with store owners and managers to help build their business while building the company's business. You are you're own boss of you're territory and have the autonomy to make decision on how to build the business.

About Altria

Altria Group is a FORTUNE 200 company that owns the premier tobacco companies in the United States including Philip Morris USA, – Read more

Altria Salaries