Altria Employee Reviews in United States

Great company culture, wonderful work environment
Wholesale Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Doylestown, PAMarch 7, 2016
Ability to truly own your own territory and make key decisions in order to impact your business at the highest level. Culture at this company is wonderful
Professional and friendly environment
Assignment thru Recruiter in Richmond, VA (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, PAFebruary 29, 2016
This company and the staff I was working with and for were professional yes friendly and very helpful in explaining what the task was and if you had any questions, they were very patient in explaining the process in detail. Great company and that's because of these great employees, no matter their title and position!!!
Pros
Professional, helpful to train, assist you to understand what the task was, the way to handle it if you had questions.
Cons
that I am not still there, my employment was part time.
Great company that is always shifting to meet shareholders needs
KAM,WAM,TSM (Current Employee) –  Aurora, NEJanuary 24, 2016
Great company to work for, they know how to take care of their employees. However, this company has done two workforce shifts in the last 6 years and its creating a mistrust among the employers towards the status quo of the company.
Pros
pay, benifits, car
Cons
Too many job cuts in last 6 years
Fortune 500
territory manager (Current Employee) –  Centeral VTDecember 27, 2015
See about 8 calls a day, there is about 2 hours of admin a day and about hour of phone calls a day. Nice work life balance with this company.
Pros
Pay work life balance
Cons
culture
Good paying job.
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 25, 2015
On your own a lot. Can get lonely always on the road.
Good benefits. Company car that you can use for personal use. Good 401k plan.
fun place to work, all co-workers were great to work with, management always good
Accounting Clerk V (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 11, 2015
I worked for Altria for 31 years. The supervisors and management were always very nice, and supportive. Their feedback on job performance was professional with positive and negative feedback which was very helpful in personal growth, and developement.

Classes were offered for developement in skills such as Excel, Word, Stress management, organizational skills, etc.

Team building, and community projects were done frequently and always a fun and good experience. Off campus seminars.

Professional and fun work environment with great co-workers. Very family oriented company. Flexible with hours worked, personal time for family/children.
Pros
free lunches, great medical, dental, vision healthcare provided.
Cons
No cons with this company.
Good Company
Senior Brand Rep for GMR Marketing (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 27, 2015
I enjoyed my time working with GMR, the agency who represents Altria. It's never easy promoting a product that is viewed as socially unacceptable, but they did a great job training and developing the field staff.
It is an old school organisation
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 4, 2015
It is a good place to work. The work culture is very laid back. People are not flexible to change. Focus is needed on Technology advancement.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
no flexibility to change
Business Systems Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 12, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my position with Altria was visiting a ranch in Montana.
Management provided exceptional feedback to me while working on this short term project.
Pros
Fun contract
Evolving culture
Senior Lead Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 4, 2015
I've worked in the Finance department of Altria for going on 10 years. When I started with the company the culture was awful. Face-time and ego-stroking were rewarded over hard-work and productivity. There was lots of talk about work/life balance but those that took advantage of it were ostracized. And there was an extreme amount of micromanagement and levelism. However, I can say that in the last 5 years the culture has shifted tremendously. The company has undergone huge efforts to support work/life balance, diversity, and inclusion. And these aren't just words, these are things that are being put into action. There is still work to be done, but Altria is well on its way to becoming a top-notched organization.
Pros
Onsite amenities (i.e. gym, cafeteria, clinic, store, hair salon); great pay
Cons
Exposure & opportunities vary based on work location
Good Pay and Benefits
Lead - IT University (ITU) (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 11, 2015
Altria is the premiere company to work for in Richmond, VA - primarily for the excellent pay and benefit packages it provides. The downside can be the "culture" of the company is steeped in those who have been with the company for a very long time and have an "old school" view on work ethics (e.g. you must be in your seat, at your desk, in order to be productive). The idea of working from home or flexible work schedules wasn't available when I worked for Altria.

Unfortunately, much of the advancement (from my experience) was based on who you know and your relationship with them. I saw many people advance in the company who weren't as knowledgeable or skilled, and weren't good "leaders" but were very good at communicating and building relationships.
Review Summary
Production Technician III - Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCApril 25, 2015
Atria Services Inc., Philip Morris was a great company to work for. Management was open to any suggestions to make a better workplace. My fellow employees always worked together to get the job finished. The hardest part of the job was being away from N.C.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Living out of state
Partnership and reward
Territory Sales Manager/Key Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 6, 2015
A typical day at work would consist of visiting eight accounts. Working with each account to understand their business, analyze data to determine key insights, develop strategies using company resources, implement, track and measure each strategy to grow the account's business based on their goals. I learned how to become a valued partner with my accounts. Management within Altria was very supportive in assisting with goals and plans as well as continual training around growth. I worked in a team environment with my co-workers being viewed as you might view family. The hardest part of my job was balancing work life and personal life in a limited amount of time during the day. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching my accounts be successful and knowing I played a significant role.
Pros
company vehicle and great benefits
Good salary, difficult culture
Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 30, 2015
Great benefits, good salary but way too much management and levels of approval for everything. Very bureaucratic and conservative.
Good Job
Administrative Assistant/MT3 (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 27, 2015
Great company to work for. Great benefits, work environment and stability.
Great place to work.
REGIONAL MANAGER, SPECIAL AUDIT INVESTIGATIONS (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 12, 2015
Altria senior management has very high expectations for their employees and compensate them very well for that expectation.
Productive and challenging
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  RichmondJanuary 11, 2015
Process invoices on an Online Document Center and update vendors and staff about invoice discrepancies.
Pros
teambuidling events throughout year
Cons
fast paced with few breaks
Wide roles required for business
ELDP Intern (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 8, 2015
With many avenues of business, there is something for everyone at Altria Client services.

The most enjoyable part of the work was interacting with teams spanning different specializations.
Pros
great pay, well curated facilities, diverse enviroment
Cons
segmented facility culture, labor union restrictions
sales and merchandising position
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaOctober 14, 2014
Great pay and benefits. Promotion typically causes relocation. Culture depends on section teams
Best job in the world
Benefit Investment Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 7, 2014
Great Benefits
Nice group of people
Experience of a life time
Travel
Company put their employees first
Was able to start as a Accounts Payable Clerk and work my way up to Benefit investment Assistant where I worked closely with 401k managers, health and welfare people