Altria Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Altria TSM Role
Territory Sales Manager, Ambassador, Sales Intern (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 17, 2017
The company is absolutely amazing. There is a lot of flexibility and autonomy. Benefits are unparalleled to many other field sales force jobs. Employees are often overqualified but stay for the company culture.
Pros
Flexibility, Autonomy
Okay place
Sales Intern (Former Employee) –  TXSeptember 14, 2017
Very large company with deeply embedded with affirmitive action culture. Lots of opportunity for vertical movement unless you are a white male. However, with an 80 billion dollar company with only 4000 employees, you can expect to be compensated well. Full benefits and probably the most competitive 401k I've seen at any company. The upper management once to get to the regional vice presidents and executives are excellent, and the company is very fiscally responsible.
Pros
Discounts online, great benefits, lots of time off
Cons
Boring and unfulfilling work, taboo of working for big tabacco, affirmitive action culture
The 🅱est Company I've worked in my lifetime!
Customer Supply Chain Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 4, 2017
Altria is a Fortune 200 company/ Phillip Morris USA owns premier tobacco. Helped perform audits, coordinate quality and compliance related activities.
Good company, solid experience
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 22, 2017
Altria as a company, worked to develop their people and to continue to provide them leadership training and skill development as they progressed in their careers.
Pros
Leadership and professional development
Cons
tobacco company
Great Company, Great Job
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  USAAugust 2, 2017
As a Territory Sales Manager, one has the ability to be an entrepreneur and help build his or her accounts' businesses. A business background is not necessarily needed to have a career with Altria Group Distribution Company. All that is necessary is passion to succeed, willingness to take on challenge, and ability to work autonomously.
the most enjoyable job
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 2, 2017
The best career i could have taken out of college! it just morally its dis-harden! I absolutely love the culture and team of professionals I worked with.
Wish I never left!
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Shelby, NCJuly 26, 2017
If you can get past the fact that they sell tobacco - it's an awesome job!
Great people work here and overall culture is what kept me there. Daily job was to manage a territory of stores - sign contracts, create plan-o-grams, enforce contract requirements, process payments, validate pricing, negotiate pricing, sell new products and execute merchandising materials
Pros
great pay & benefits, company car (Chevy Traverse), yearly increases, flexible schedule
Cons
Selling tobacco, dealing with less educated and often foreign customers
Great benefits!
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 26, 2017
Great place to work when you are looking for opportunities to be innovative.

I look forward to understanding the opportunities in the Richmond/Washington, DC area.
Good work life balance - no instant gratification
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Marshall, MNJune 21, 2017
Work can be boring and repetitive. Great pay and benefits. Fair work life balance. You don't really see the "fruits of your labor" and can be unsatisfying.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
repetitive and boring - bureaucracy
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 12, 2017
Altria is a great company to begin and grow a career. The company does a great job of identifying young candidates who are willing to move for promotion. The retirement benefits are second to none, and overall a great team environment.
Pros
Retirement, promotion, work-life balance
Cons
Promotions are often limited to younger candidates
International Administrative Assistant
International Account Correspondence Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 24, 2017
I was in charge of the Canadian market/clients/sales team. I also had to fully translate the VRU system which took several months. The company was solid and treated their employees well.
Pros
stock option
Cons
no advancement offered after my degree was obtained.
not worth the headache
Consumer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 12, 2017
From the call center to corporate there was very little communication and understanding. I was under the impression this was a money hungry company that truly did not care about the rapport they build with consumes about the products and services. as an call center agent I felt very little support was given.
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Mandeville, LAMay 12, 2017
Great benefits and people, if you are not willing to relocate you will not be promoted.

Benefits are 2nd to none for an entry level job. Salary, bonus, and insurance are amazing.

More work is being put on TSM level and managers do not understand to workload we have to balance now.
Stressful
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 24, 2017
High paced great benefits. Management is young and inexperienced. Pay is great. The balance of family and work is all the way to work. They can force you at their descretion
Big Tobacco
Unit Manager (Current Employee) –  Brandon, MSApril 14, 2017
There was a time when Altria cared about their employees and there was a time when I would defend the decisions of senior leadership but that boat has sailed. This is a great place to launch a career but don't stay as long as I did. You will receive some great training but as soon as you get to the next level (Unit Manager) stay there for 2-3 years and start looking for a new job. You will make more money and there is something better than Altria even if they make you think there isn't.
Pros
Flexiable work scedule
Cons
If you don't fit the mold you won't ever be looked at
Great benefits, eh culture
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 21, 2017
It's an old school company, without much diversity at the leadership or elsewhere. There's not much of a culture to talk about, but they pay great. Though each year, the perks (ie health care) seem to get less and less stand out.
Pros
Salary, retirement plan
Cons
Stiff culture, lack of diversity, little to no advancement, shrinking business, fear of trying new things
Can't Beat the Experience
Business Process and Technology Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 20, 2017
Opportunities abound.
Learning environment.
Excellent Work Environment.
Travel.
Bonuses.
Awards.
Working for Altria was the highlight of my life. Made many life long friends. Miss the corporate environment.
Pros
Excellent Work Environment
Cons
Downsizing Forced Retirement
Great starting pay, and Daily Autonomy
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXFebruary 15, 2017
Great starting pay and benefits package, one of the best retirement matching programs I have ever seen. Outside sales with virtually total autonomy. Excellent work satisfaction.
Pros
Pay, retirement, and benefits.
Cons
Company favors those just graduating from college.
Great company with amazing brands
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  MAJanuary 7, 2017
Autonomous work in the field daily - great flexibility and work-life balance. Little interaction and engagement with co-workers with the exception of monthly staff meetings. Not glamorous work - in convenience stores day in and day out.
Pros
Work-life balance
Cons
Isolating position with monotonous work
Great compensation, independent work
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Bay City, MIDecember 28, 2016
I enjoyed my time working at AGDC. The compensation was unbelievable, the management was invested in your success, and I always felt like success or failure was something within my control.
Pros
Great pay, nice company car, health/dental/eye/etc, relocation benefits
Cons
tons of driving, constantly dealing with store owners that think less than highly of you