Altria

Altria Employer Reviews

work environment
Retriever/ Loader (Current Employee), Nashville, TNMarch 14, 2014
it is a good culture work environment and it have great benefits for hourly employee
Rewarding Job in challenging industry
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 6, 2014
Typical week consists of about 45-60 hours of work, both in office and visiting accounts. Very autonomous job that allows for flexibility of the work day. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping business owners with their own personal goals and achieving them. The hardest part is the advancement process and the stress that can stretch into your – more... after work hours. – less
Challenging and rewarding work environment with great benefits
Senior Brand Analyst - Marlboro (Current Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: great benefits and compensation, ability to travel, workshops and training
Cons: conservative decision making, slow paced compared to industry standards, low diversity
My time at Altria, specifically on the PM USA Brand Team, has been a huge learning experience and a great place to start a career. The company values its employees and makes great efforts to improve the culture each year.

That being said it is sometimes frustrating when ideas from the "bottom" are overruled by upper management because of sheer positional – more... power. The company is trying to make a cultural shift to change this, but as with all large corporations, it will take time.

Personal Development is extremely valued at the company and there are countless opportunities for employees to gain experience outside of their individual roles through speaker series, functional rotations and employee resource groups. Feedback and performance reviews are held in high esteem and really help to track against personal and organizational milestones.

The day to day work in the brand department is exciting and challenging and there are rarely days where you are confined to a cubicle. The most enjoyable part of the job are the people and the sense of teamwork and inclusion that I feel amongst my co-workers. In addition, I greatly appreciate the autonomy given to even entry-level employees. It shows that the company trusts its employees and allows for greater development and leadership potential at any level in the organization. – less
Great Compensation and Great Benefits
Analyst HR Benefits (Former Employee), Richmond, VADecember 8, 2013
Pros: compensation and benefits
Cons: declining market. company forced to reduce workforce on an almost yearly basis.
Great compensation and great benefits. The company generally provides the best tools available for its employees. Almost anything that can be outsource is already outsourced.

Expectations are generally in the stratosphere. Management generally belongs to the pre-2008 spin-off group with many years of service and generally has only worked for this company. – more... Management is as a rule of thumb disconnected from the realities of today where work-life balance being non-existent by any definition. – less
A great experience with great people
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee), New OrleansDecember 5, 2013
As a territory sales manager no two days are ever the same. You work with store owners and managers to help build their business while building the company's business. You are you're own boss of you're territory and have the autonomy to make decision on how to build the business.
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee), Austin, TXNovember 7, 2013
Excellent place to work...the culture is great and advancement opportunities are all over the place.
One of worst jobs I've had
Senior Electronic Technician (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 28, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: no homelife, management, 1 day weekends 50 weeks a year
They"say"they don't tolerate harassment. My manager and supervisor both harassed me. Outright ignored Illinois labor laws and then wrote me up when I stood up to them. The very next day after refusing to work 7th day I was written up.
OK
Unit Manager Territory Slaes Manager (Former Employee), Milford, OHJuly 31, 2013
This is a good company to work for. They do require to much time and there is not work/life balance. Many of the goals set forth by management are unobtainable
It was a good place to work.
Programmer (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJuly 15, 2013
Good place to work and learn. Work life balance was very good, which I have observed while working here. My co-workers were really helpful. I enjoyed working at this place the most.
Job
Summer Intern (Former Employee), new yorkApril 19, 2013
People were either great or terrible. Annoying work environment if you were paired with the terrible.
Productive workplace
Production Technician (Current Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 29, 2013
Pros: great pay
Cons: long days.
Its a great company to work for with great benefits. We work long hours with great pay.

About Altria

Altria Group is a FORTUNE 200 company that owns the premier tobacco companies in the United States including Philip Morris USA, – Read more

Altria Photos