Altru Health System Employee Reviews

Wonderful staff and hospital
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJanuary 2, 2018
At times very stressful (I worked mostly in the ICU). Loved working with the nurses and administrative staff! My hours fluctuated too much and it was very hard to make plans with my husband.
Fun people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDDecember 13, 2017
People were grate to work with. The schedule was great. No real formal training just otj. Management was scarce and sometimes no help when you needed it.
positive work environment
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  North DakotaNovember 29, 2017
Coworkers and management made employment extremely enjoyable. I Always felt like I was an appreciated and valued employee. At times, it felt as if I was working with family.
Face paced environment
Central Sterile Technician (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDNovember 6, 2017
Altru is a fast paced work environment with round the clock work which can at times be overwhelming and stressful. Overall, it's still a great place to work with competitive wages and good employees.
No pay, no management, terrible coworkers
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDNovember 2, 2017
They will pay you little more than you can make flipping burgers. management doesn't exist. Benefits cost your entire paycheck. HR is not your friend even answering questions about benefits/401k. Everyone in the hospital treats phlebotomists like rats. There is no recognition for good or bad behavior. They will keep problem employees (attendance and behavior) because the management doesn't want to make hard decisions and would rather have someone fill the time slot even if they make everyone's life difficult.
Pros
Pros: get to help helpless patients, make a difference
Cons
Cons: no pay, no management, no good benefits
Clinic Nursing
Clinic Nurse (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDSeptember 14, 2017
Positive- Most staff are great to work with. Very helpful and caring. Great benefits!

Negative- There are a few bad apples in the group. Those people like to stir the pot, and cause problems. If your doctor is gone, you can expect to get floated to another department completely. Very awkward feeling.
Pros
Benefits are great!
Cons
Office politics
great place
Sodexo Health Care GM V (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDSeptember 7, 2017
Great place caring environment, solid leadership willing to invest in their people. SOLID LEADERSHIP DEVELOMENT. would recommend anyone to work for this leadership and organization.
Pros
family
Cons
sick people
Everyone becomes a family
FOOD & NUTRITION SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDAugust 24, 2017
it was quite an experience working at Altru. Management could have been better in my opinion. Everyone is posted at their jobs for years, so it shows ALtru takes care of their employees. Benefits were pretty good. It paid for my gym membership.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Management needs improvement
Physician Coder (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDAugust 10, 2017
Altru is a great place to work. The people in my department were amazing and so helpful. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to work from home. I was right out of Tech school when they took a chance on me and hired me. I was there for 13 years. Needless to say I loved my job.
LPN (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDAugust 8, 2017
Altru is a great place to work with wonderful benefits. I would recommend working at Altru to anyone seeking a professional stable work environment. The received at Altru is Top notch!
Great company and people to work for
ES Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJuly 17, 2017
Altru is a great place to work. They are good at promoting a career and development of their staff. I have become a better leader with the development skills they have provided.
Very good place to work and live.
Outpatient Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJune 5, 2017
Management is flexible and allows you to choose 8 hour days or 10 hour days.

True team spirit with exceptional coworkers no matter which location you are at.

Pay raises are fair and in the past 3.5 years I have received 2 cost of living raises in addition to my yearly review raise.
Pros
Flexible management, great coworkers, pay/benefits
Cons
People that I work with are great
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDMay 9, 2017
Fine place to work, and I have enjoyed my time there. The people I've met there are cool, and friendly. Never felt as if someone had a problem with me, and if they did it never interfered with my work.
Pros
Good work environment, long breaks when needed, and independent working
Cons
Scheduling gets confusing
Solid company who really cares for wellbeing of patients and employees.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDApril 27, 2017
This is a company that truly cares for it's employees and patients. Pay and benefits are reasonable. Staff are friendly and treat others with respect.
Pros
Integrated health system, good pay and benefits, & friendly employees
Cons
Long tenure of staff leads to complacency and less innovation
stressful environment most days
Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDMarch 21, 2017
your opinion is not welcome, cannot be yourself, mostly unprofessional management and HR dept unfortunately. Feel like they don't have your best interest at heart most days.
Good career experience
Central Sterile Technician (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDMarch 7, 2017
I started working at Altru to get my foot in the door with the career field I was going to school for, and they have been nothing but helpful with it. Both managers I had went above and beyond to help me get the experience I needed to get my food in the door!
Not a good place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDFebruary 22, 2017
Micro management will kill this organization....you aren't able to do your job....they continue to add levels of management....
Productive and fun place to work.
Department Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDFebruary 8, 2017
Altru is a great company to work for. They offer many employee benefits, paid time off and numerous amenities for working for the company. Everyone I've encountered while working here has been friendly and helpful. The CEO is upbeat and friendly when you pass him in the hallways and constantly striving for world class care.
Pros
Benefits, Paid Time Off, Cafeteria, Gym & Other discounts
Cons
Long drive from home in the winter time.
Finance results over medical results and negative culture
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJuly 11, 2016
The Altru Monopoly continues to enable the below standard service people come to expect. This translates to a decision process focused on financial results over medical results. This also translates to a negative culture towards physicians and the firing of anyone that speaks up against leadership.
Pros
keep quiet keep your job
Cons
monopoly and finance over medical results
Productive, fun, and great management!
Central sterile technician (Current Employee) –  Grand ForksSeptember 20, 2015
I was actually confronted by the previous reviewer of the CP tech position at my previous job and (we worked together) when I mentioned I was accepting this position this person said "well I hope they treat you better than they treated me." I got a bit nervous but as soon as I came into the department, everyone was so welcoming and helpful. I know this department recently aquired an actual manager dedicated to the department (and she is fantastic!) and maybe that helped to boost morale but the people I read about in that previous review have either changed dramatically or have moved on. I've seen nothing but constant energy and team work from the department so far. I'm very new to this (no previous experience) and I've gotten so much help and very patient trainers who have explained things clearly and are very willing to answer all questions...no matter how many times I ask. Haha. Everyone seems happy and willing to work in the department so far that I have seen, and I can't wait to work here for many years to come!
Pros
Motivated work environment, great management, discounts in the cafeteria, and great benefits!
Cons
On your feet all day but I prefer that!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Altru Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Altru Health System Reviews by Location