Altura Credit Union Employee Reviews

Altura
Teller (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CASeptember 8, 2017
Altura was great experience for me. With the experience I gained in this company I will apply to my next career. It is faced paced environment. Always on the move.
Productive and fun place to work at.
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAFebruary 22, 2017
Altura Credit Union does a great job of keeping its employees engaged and focus on its values. Leadership is very strong and focuses on the customer at all times.
great experience
Service Teller (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAFebruary 10, 2017
working at altura was a great experience. i got to meet customers and understand how the banking world works. hours were great and healthcare options were amazing
Pros
great organization
Cons
wish pay was slightly higher
interesting fun place to work
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CANovember 28, 2016
As a loan officer, I worked out of a call center. We had the best technology the credit union could provide. I had plenty of work coming in, receiving over 100 calls a day. Our office was modern, comfortable and not far from home.
We always had a professional business atmosphere, however, management also wanted to make it fun. They would have events to attend, like a baseball game.
Training was constantly offered to help employees better themselves.
Altura always tried to promote from within before hiring outside of the company.
Pros
great 401k plan
Cons
call center, unable to walk around until break time
Productive work environment with ping pong table.
Financial Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 8, 2016
Typical day at work consisted on assisting members with accounts and assisting them through new loan process. Working for Altura was an "Okay" job would need to work on evolving the work structure as the economy evolves as well.
good starter
Travelling Teller (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAJanuary 25, 2016
just like all job there is the good and the bad. banker hours are great it's good to be on every ones good side and always agree with them. always agree.
Pros
hours
Cons
politics
Poor management
branch manager (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 19, 2016
Focus on the bottom line of the credit union instead of focusing on the members and the employees. Very poor representation of a credit union.
busy and friendly environment
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 2, 2015
nice place to work busy all day constantly trying to get refferals or they will fire you.
people are friendly and nice
interactive environment when not on calls
Community Focused Company
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 13, 2015
Management focused on community and civic involvement to develop a sense of presence and support. Partnership with schools and voluntary organizations. Lending is a main source of revenue and highly focused on auto lending in particular.
Pros
bonus structure
Cons
not a lot of growth or room for advancement
Loyalty & Staffing
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CADecember 7, 2014
Altura as a High turn over in staffing, I started work for Altura in March of this year, and 5 tellers started and quit. The office I work in has a very high turn over in staffing from management to tellers. It was always under staffed for what ever reason staff would not stay. Are there was 3 employees that would team up an get people dismissed. No loyalty to new employees.
Pros
Small Credit union, but do well in loans
Cons
Not up to date in technology
Loved My Job
MSC Learning & Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  RiversideOctober 29, 2014
Attained some awesome knowledge
Great people
Really nice customers to deal with love the area where the office was
loved the work hours
Pros
Travel, great people great parties
Productive but not great
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAOctober 13, 2014
Office I worked at lacked management, between one manager one assistant manager and teller supervisor nothing was getting done in a timely manner. If there happens to be an issue they will tell you a month or even two months later and not coach to help the situation, pretty much set you up to fail. Schedule was never posted until either end of Friday or Saturday for the following week. If you have either Friday and/or Saturday off you have to constantly call to see when you work, it came down to having to text message coworkers because it was almost impossible to reach a manager or supervisor. A majority of the tellers and assistant manager were rude to members and would talk down to them, manger would do the same but roll her eyes at members. Hardest part of the job was getting issues resolved. Best part of the job was helping the members and turning a bad situation into a good situation with my own knowledge before they leave the branch. I personally would not recommend or refer anyone to work for Altura Credit Union, it is miserable.
productive & fun place to work
Teller (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAJuly 11, 2014
I loved working at the credit union. a typical day at work consisted of performing transaction, such as deposits, withdraws, loan payments, ,balancing, & customer service. I was always eager to lean new things, such as opening & closing accounts. management was amazing on teaching me how to do things I didn't quite understand. the hardest part of the job was the stress of upset or unsatisfied members, but I learned to keep calm in those situations. the best part of the job I can say, was all my members. working with people taught me that a smile can make a difference. to create a positive environment.
great company
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 17, 2014
it is a great company to work for! hardest part of the job is having to meet sales goals withmembers.
Daily
EFT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 23, 2014
Post all incoming ACH, Draft and Lockbox exceptions. Balance work and General Ledgers to zero on a daily basis. Complete requests for Payroll Direct Deposits and ACH Originations. Input and post daily incoming and outgoing wires. Research accounts for records on Subpoena's. Provide excellent member service while logged into the Central Operations queue. Handle employee reimbursements for accounting. Cross-trained and provided back-up for other customer service representatives when needed. Back up on current scanning responsibilities.
Pros
The Hours
Cons
No Longer
They were constantly closing banks
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  indio caApril 15, 2014
this company was fun but there was really no room for growth they never had enough hours or no over time.
Perks
Teller/ Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 6, 2014
Working as a teller is much more enjoyable than the member service center. Expect members to call in and complain. Great perks for employees though.
Complete dead end job
Teller (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CANovember 20, 2013
If you're looking to stay in the same mundane position with no chance to advance then this position is for you. Actually there may be a chance if you choose to abandon college and be at the branches beck and call. To start, the Teller 1 position works you a maximum of 24.75 hours per week unless someone is gone for an extended amount of time and extra coverage is needed (happens on average 2-3 times a year). The particular branch that I worked at refused to look my way for promotions due to the fact that I'm in college and refused to drop out. I only attend school once a week while the branches operating hours are Monday-Saturday. It's a complete dead end job with a very noticeable and thick glass ceiling. I would recommend any other bank before this one don't waste your time. If there are disputes with customers management will always side with the customer making you look foolish every time you try to enforce policies. The co-workers in my age group were great but the older ones tended to be bitter and gossip like school children. The hardest part of the job was meeting the required referral or loan app goals seeing as no one cares to open up new lines of credit, purchase homes, or cars in these trying times. Also any personal interactions were hindered due to the remote teller system ( customers talked to us via phone on a tv monitor). The enjoyable part of the job was the fact that the day ends at 6:30 pm at the latest and 1:30pm on Saturdays at the latest so there was time for a social life.
Pros
holidays & sundays off, hour breaks, time for social life, school, etc.
Cons
no chance to advance if in school, required unpaid week off once a year, boring and repetitive, no management support.
Love working here
Member Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 25, 2013
management was the best i have ever had, pay was o.k, co workers very nice and helpful
Pros
beneifits, management
Cons
the pay
Excellent company to work for!!
Administration (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CaApril 11, 2013
I have worked here for over 10 years. We have come out of the tough times even stronger and Altura has done nothing but support us as we returned to a thriving financial institution. Our member's are most important and the service expectation supports it. It appears a few of the other comments are from a disgruntled former employee. Please take it with a grain of salt!
Pros
excellent work environment