Aluminaid is a medical device company headquartered in Lucerne, Switzerland, with offices in Los Angeles and Paris.
We have developed a series of innovative medical bandage products that are used to instantly relieve pain from 1st and 2nd degree burn injuries. These products are revolutionary, have no precedent and are protected by multiple international patent applications.
To this end, we employ more than 50 percent of our work force in either research and development (R&D) or sales, ensuring our efforts are focused on innovation and our customers.
This product has enormous global potential and we intend to set up manufacturing facilities around the world to benefit from reduced costs and facilitate the domestic supply line.
Responsible for all sales activities in Europe (or US where applicable) consistent with Aluminaid’s overall business goals. While this is primarily a Sales position, it also provides leadership for marketing activities. This position is situated in Europe, but US candidates with extensive European experience will be considered. Initially it is anticipated that the VP of Sales will spend the majority of his or her time in the field with individual accounts. As Aluminaid achieves success, the VP of Sales will be able to delegate more and focus on strategic sales and marketing issues.
o Set sales targets for Aluminaid representatives and distributors; manage performance to targets in a timely and effective manner.
o Develop and implement an efficient European sales strategy based on a small, highly competent direct team augmented by distributors/agents, expanding as sales performance supports.
o Work with CEO and CFO to establish incentive plans for sales team that adequately reward and motivate.
o Provide a knowledge-based sales capability backed by deep knowledge of clinical science.
o Identify and develop new commercial customers and sites to achieve sales plan.
o Work with physicians, referral centers and patient group organizations to drive growth in existing and new accounts.
o Strict adherence to laws, regulations and best practices guidelines.
o Lead the effort to achieve attractive local and national level reimbursement in all European countries targeted for Aluminaid sales.
o Establish pre-set pricing structure; negotiate pricing with hospitals and provide them support in budget justification.
o In collaboration with other staff members and consultants, design health economics models that advocate for the cost of clinical effectiveness of the Company’s products.
o Provide executive leadership, strategic insight, direction, and implementation of European sales and associated marketing.
o As part of the executive team, ensure business objectives are aligned and that the Company is performing to agreed upon goals.
o Provide executive leadership in analyzing cost of entering new markets and expected ROI, in both Europe and other international markets.
o In coordination with the CEO and CFO establish compensation plans including salary, commission and bonuses for sales and marketing team.
o Maintain up to date knowledge of the regional and country market trends in headache and pain; key clinical, economic and reimbursement elements relevant to Aluminaid’s products.
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to work with and influence clinical KOLs.
- Must be a hands-on sales leader.
- Strong persuasion and negotiation skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Health Sciences or related field. Advanced degree in Business, Health Policy, Health Sciences or related field preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of successful European sales experience in a commercial role in a medical device company in Europe (multi-country).
- Experience in the headache and/or active implantable medical device market desirable.
- Experience partnering with reimbursement to craft economic arguments for hospital administrators and pursuing country specific reimbursement opportunities desirable.
- Strong global strategic thinking and demonstrated successful execution.
- Team player with competitive, ‘will to win’ attitude
- Familiarity with health care compliance practices.
- Global travel will be required (approximately 80% including travel to the US West Coast company offices at least quarterly)