Alutiiq, LLC

Alutiiq, LLC Employer Reviews

Enjoyable job
Quality Control Manager (Current Employee), San Juan, PRApril 4, 2014
Everyday you learn more, the most enjoyable part of the job is when you get to go out and visit the post.
STAY AWAY FOR THE LOVE OF GOD
Technical Manual Team Member / Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Havelock NCMarch 15, 2014
Pros: eventually employment here ends.
Cons: everything.
This is literally the worst job I've ever had. Management regularly breaks the law to screw you out of government mandated benefits and since they're such a huge federal contractor, the Department of Labor will not put in the effort to enforce the law for fear of having to find a new provider for all the services this company puts out. You will regularly – more... be asked to put in absurd amounts of effort on meaningless paperwork that the contract does not require and which interferes with your ability to do your job. Your coworkers will be the worst part of the job. Office politics doesn't even begin to describe it. Despite their position as welfare queens sucking on the government tit at a do-nothing contracting job, your day will be full of coworkers' political griping about their taxes going to welfare programs because management has zero control of their workers/office environment, even after sending out dozens of emails per day about other trivial nonsense. The head honchos cultivate an adversarial relationship between employees and it was not uncommon to see an employee sending out snapchats or browsing the internet with one hand while typing up an email about someone else's on-the-job behavior with another. You have zero job security since the managers in charge of securing contracts are simply terrible at their jobs and will take any opportunity they can to blame Washington politics for their failure to secure no-bid followups to their contracts. Layoffs are not based on QA scores, rather, they are based on who the manager likes/dislikes. Additionally, if you work here and take FMLA, expect to lose your job within a month of returning, as that's what happened to at least 3 employees while I was there.

It was like High School: The Job. To put it bluntly, if this place was on fire, I wouldn't unzip my pants to relieve myself on it to put it out. Your soul's worth more than $14 an hour. If these people call you, hang up immediately...even minimum wage Wal-mart is a better job. When I finally got out, it was like the end of a horror movie where the protagonist heaves a sigh of relief that it's finally over and walks into the sunset.

*The original draft of this comment contained significantly more profanity but indeed.com forced me to edit it. Mentally insert liberal use of F-bombs to get the full effect. – less
Productive workflow
Computer System Analyst (Former Employee), Fort Knox, KYJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: paid holidays
Cons: poor insurance
The job was good I enjoyed working with a well experience team, but unfortunately contract jobs don't always last.
ok place to work
Metrology Technician (Former Employee), Dahlgren, VAJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: a job
Cons: dead end
Ok place to work. No advancement. I would not recommend this job.
Amazing company to work for
Contract Manager (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKJanuary 6, 2014
Alutiiq was, hands-down, the best employer I've experienced. Management was very knowledgeable and supportive. Pay and benefits were very good, depending on the contract. The only down side I experienced was that I had a difficult time finding other work with the company when my contracts ended.
Good Management
Project Manager/Post Support Cost Coordinator (Current Employee), Dunn Loring, VADecember 30, 2013
Pros: good work atmosphere
Cons: no upward mobility
There was great management, always willing to help, but there was not a lot of upward mobility and little to no evaluating for advancement.
Overall very poorly managed firm
Business Development, Cap. Mgmt, Fed. Agencies (Former Employee), Vienna, VAOctober 28, 2013
Pros: direct management supportive
Cons: indirect senior management team not supportive.
Very poorly managed firm. Immediate Management supportive, Upper Management not engaged. Upper Management in house short sighted non-cooperative cross functional teams.
not a company I would recommend
Janitorial (Former Employee), Ridgecrest, CAAugust 27, 2013
Pros: a pay check
Cons: lack of integrity
here you pretty much have to watch your back with employees and management.
Good Company
Program Coordinator (Current Employee), Vienna, VirginiaJuly 30, 2013
Cons: health benefits a little pricy
Good company. Knowledgeable management staff. Co-workers from many types of businesses. Many task orders and customer service oriented.
A good place for contractors
DS/ATA Contractor - Budget Specialist (Former Employee), Dunn Loring, VAMay 14, 2013
Pros: personnel support
Cons: online application process
I was a contractor for the government who worked under a government supervisor who lacked basic management skills. Alutiiq not only had to deal with the person's irrational personality during meetings and through email, but also defend their employees against harassment, sexual harassment and wrongful termination. A lot of companies would not stand – more... by their employees this way especially when close to their contract being up for re-bid. – less
good place to work for
Specialist (Former Employee), Tracy, CAMay 9, 2013
re-warehousing material. good place to work at and makes the day easier working with good people and leads
Great Place to work
Program Management Technician III (Current Employee), Charleston, SCApril 23, 2013
Pros: flex-time.
Love Alutiiq, LLC. Great place to work. Contract ran out, would have otherwise loved to stay.
Productive work environment
Supply Technician (Former Employee), Andersen AFB, GuamMarch 4, 2013
Pros: friendly people
Cons: healthcare, if you make less that 40 hours a work week, you dont qualify. also, you never get a raise
The job is very demanding yet overall enjoyable. The only down side to it is that you never get a raise or you don't get recognized for the hard work that you've accomplished.
clean environment
Electronic Technician I (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCNovember 7, 2012
Pros: traveling to different states
Cons: away from home 95% of the time
everyday at work was good learning experience and being able to work at different sites.
very stressful
Warehouse Specialist - Contractor (Former Employee), Tracy, CANovember 6, 2012
Pros: very slow
Cons: bad managing
every week my work hours are diffiernt from graveyaed to swing and i learned how to be on time management was not experisnce co workers were drug user and by changing my hours all the time i had no family time and getting paid very well for nothing
A lot of uncertainty
Proposal Manager (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKAugust 15, 2012
Pros: ability to work independently and in a team setting
Cons: lack of vision at the upper level
Everything depends on your supervisor. I enjoyed working at Alutiiq thanks to my supervisors and co-workers. However, the decision making authority and overall company strategy/policies leave room for improvement.
A great learning environment
Contractor to DHS, USCIS, OSI (Current Employee), Washington, DCJuly 23, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: leave
The office is an active and open environment. Co-workers on both contract and federal side are there to assist when needed.
Very easy enviroment to work in.
Project Administrator (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, ColoradoJuly 6, 2012
Pros: i learned alot.
Cons: it was a temporary job.
Responsible for Requests for Information, Change orders, Certified Payroll, Pay Applications. Early Pays, Reconciliation of accounts. Serial Letters.

Responsible for the preparation and assembly of SWWPP Inspection Logs, Warranty Books, O & M books and CD’s for each Subcontractor.

Scanned and set up electronic files of all documents, map, plans, and – more... illustrations.

Proofing reading the Contractor Quality Control Plan and making necessary changes.

Assisted with LEED Information.

The co-workers I had were easy going but prefessional.
The hardest part of my job was saying goodbye.
The most enjoyable part, was being able to go on site and see what they had built. – less
A good place to work
Watch Commander (Current Employee), Fort Meade MdMay 8, 2012
Pros: alot of work
Cons: pay is to low
It is a good place to work the benifts could be better. You will get to learn several jobs and do alot of training.
great job and supervisors
Army Basic Instructor Course- Master Instructor (Former Employee), Sierra Vista, AZMay 4, 2012
Pros: pay, work enviorment, time off
Cons: contract work, government dislikes contractors, (under this administration)
I had no complaints while working with this company. This was by far the best job I everb had. The personel that were Dept. Of Army Civilians messed the work enviornment. They in-soursed all contractor positions and let al the contractors go.