Alutiiq Employee Reviews

Team Work
Federal Protective Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 13, 2017
This company management work with you as a team. They are flexible and respectful of your personal responsibilities. Just communicate, follow your post orders, come to work and work the schedule you are given, and all will be well.
Fun time.
Explosives Ordnance Disposal Instructor (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 11, 2017
Paid great. Some odd hours and no over time allowed. If you worked more then your time then you got to go home early on another day instead. Bit of back biting and lots of big attitudes among employees.
Too much work for one person
Billing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VANovember 8, 2017
You are under too much stress, need more workers too many dead lines divided Need to hire more workers. managers does not fight for workers. No room for advancements.
Pros
meetings with lunch
Cons
No problem taking paid days off
Great company to work for.
Program Analyst IV (Finance) (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VANovember 7, 2017
Provided me the opportunity to work on a government installation and to be expose to how important the military impacts our lives and how the military defends our freedom.
Pros
Freedom
Productive and fun workplace
Billing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VANovember 1, 2017
This was a great place for professional growth, amazing pay and great benefits. The environment was very warm and stress-free mostly. Most everyone was very team-oriented.
Hard work and Dedication
Government Contractor (Current Employee) –  Hermitage, PAOctober 28, 2017
I am proud of what I do to keep everyone safe and secure. It is a fast paced environment that can be stressful at times for the clients that come in. I have to keep peace and keep the line moving with professionalism and a pleasant environment.
Pros
people i work with
Cons
driving an hour and a half one way to work
Need pay higher salary.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDOctober 26, 2017
We work hard for Alutiiq covering US government contract, but we don't get the pay that we deserve. Very stressful to work Alutiiq and plus has high turnover rate.
Pros
Job is near my home.
Cons
Don't pay enough.
I love working and making a difference
Personnel Assistant III (Board Lead) (Former Employee) –  Shaw AFB, SCOctober 24, 2017
I loved my job, to include working with the military. I learned from a great team of professionals to include my boss. Busy, everyday with helping our customers
great company
Personnel Specialist II (Former Employee) –  United StatesOctober 5, 2017
This employer is a great employer to work for. They are compatible to what I did in the military so it made it easy to transition to civilian life. I learned a lot while there and would recommend to anyone looking for a relaxed environment. Especially after serving in the military.
Good Place to work
Protective Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 3, 2017
Its a cool place to work but no room for advancement. Hours are long but the people you work with make the job worth while. FPS is great and gives you the tools for the job.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
No room for advancement
Challenging work working in a foreign country
Police Instructor (Mexico) (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKOctober 3, 2017
This position is that of a part time law enforcement instructor that is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State. The assignments for this position are solely in Mexico
Pros
Good pay and travel associated with jobs
Cons
Work is intermittent
Nice work environment
Material Expeditor (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 28, 2017
Good management staff. They are concerned about the person. They want everyone to succeed. The people are nice to work with. If you have concerns or need time off it is no issue. Communication is stressed.
Very rewarding job
Digital electronics instructor (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKSeptember 27, 2017
Alutiiq was a great place to work. As a contractor, they provided me the time and information to become a great instructor. Great people to work with and for.
Pros
Positive learning environment
Cons
Night shift.
Great Pay, Benefits
Personnel Security Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Burlington, VTSeptember 24, 2017
Although a contract position, pay was wonderful, as was the individual benefits. Had no problem with management, did job and was rewarded accordingly.
Pros
No premiums for individual healthcare, great pay
Cons
Not permanent as position is contracted
good place to work
Unarmed Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 12, 2017
only left the company because the contract ended. Good group of people to work with. Overtime was available if you wanted to take advantage of it. Very flexible work hours
wonderful working environment
INVENTORY SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  San Diego Naval Station, CASeptember 6, 2017
I am a DOD contractor for the military, I love my job and all the wonderful people I work with. I would for the military but I report to my project manager who makes sure everything is going well at my location.
Good Company
Law Enforcement Instructor (Current Employee) –  Mexico CitySeptember 4, 2017
Good place to work if you like to travel. Travel time was paid so that was excellent. The work place was clean and normally comfortable. I liked the travel but did not like living in hotels for extended periods of time. Overall, a great job and a good company.
Pros
Lots of travel
Cons
no benefits
Not very "welcoming" at first but "warmed up" later...
Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 1, 2017
They did not offer full-time employment so I received no benefits. I felt the pay WAS NOT adequate at all for my experience and skills and the workload required of me, the pay should have been higher. The atmosphere was "catty" with all of the other employees. They were immature to new employees, talking behind my back, etc. at first but later warmed to me...
The department boss (not mine, he was nice) was snooty and I felt she undermined me/tripped me up on purpose. I felt like she "picked on me" for no apparent reason! I later quit.
Pros
Career advancement potential
Cons
no benefits, not a warm atmosphere at first at all
Its can be fun
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CA 93555September 1, 2017
The managment used to be realy bad but I think it is getting better it is a fast pace job that requires stamina and a little stregth it can be fun there 401k and benifits are amazing I wish I could have those benifits now
Good workplace
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKAugust 29, 2017
Extended driving time to and fro to work was tedious. Learned construction techniques. Management was not too involved in the process and culture lacked in mentoring. Hardest part of the job was at times heavy lifting. The most enjoyable part of the job was a small workforce.
Pros
5 days on, 2 off
Cons
The driving to and fro.