Alutiiq Employee Reviews

Great company
Data Entry (Current Employee), Ridgecrest, CAJuly 27, 2015
Its a great company to work for, I have one of the best bosses out there. The company has given me a job when I needed one, they were there when I couldn't find one
Friendly
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Kaneohe, HiJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Amazing staff
Cons: heavy lifting
Everyday I would make my afternoon rounds to pick up trash bins and sweep offices. Many times I'm unable to do so because a Doctor is in the office with a patient. I would return later to clean the office. Many times Doctors would do it themselves since I couldn't earlier. The hardest part about this position was lifting the heavy trash bags into the dumpster.
awesome place to work!
Project Manager (Current Employee), Adelphi, MDJuly 6, 2015
Really enjoyed this company. They took safety to a level that was awesome to learn. The company was a great place to work!
Great company
Personnel Specialist II (Former Employee), Gulfport, MSJune 26, 2015
Pros: Great and pay and benefits
Cons: No vacation time.
Great Company to work for. Benefits were amazing. If you were single, they were free! Just an email or phone call away. Not all about the numbers.
My Career
Security Officer (Former Employee), Greenbelt, MDJune 4, 2015
A typical day consist of security patrols and check points throughout the base. Working in the security profession individuals learn how the work under pressure and react quickly to emergency situations. Time management and working with others on the job is an important and critical aspect to on the job safety. The difficult part of security is standing on your feet for long periods of time. I take pride in protecting the individuals I work for.
Leadership sucks!
manager (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALMay 29, 2015
This is without a doubt the worst place I've ever worked! The leadership is non-existent. Senior managers harass the employees and lie to people. The only thing they care about is making profit for the shareholders. Can't understand how they are still in business. The President and COO of the corporation have changed numerous times in the past few years.
Great company to work for.
Education Services Office Clerk (Former Employee), Camp Lejune, North CarolinaMay 19, 2015
Working for Alutiiq was a very rewarding and great learning experience. It was a very easy transfer from military life to civilian life as they are a very veteran friendly company. The management were always willing to help with additional training and schedule conflicts. Coworkers were mostly veterans and were very easy to get along with. The hardest part about the job was learning to work in a clerical position rather than a hands on working with patients that I was used to while on active duty. Was that it kept me close to what I loved and that is helping service members excel and succeed.
Good
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee), AKMay 18, 2015
Pros: Good organization to work.
Cons: Short on approving overtime for longer work days.
Work as a independent contractor for the company. Any issue with the company that I perform the work for they will intervene to ensure that the contractor has all resource to do the job.
Worse place to work, no honest interactions between management and staff. Lots of bickering.
Finance Manager (Former Employee), Bamberg, SCMay 12, 2015
Pros: NONE
A waste of Taxpayers money! Director was more interested in being considered "cool," by the students rather than respected. Several staffers (those who were caught) were terminated for having inappropriate relations with students.
Its a very positive environment to work
Security Officer (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALApril 27, 2015
Pros: Great pay
Cons: No job security
My typical day at work consists of checking badges of construction workers at the entry control point of the construction site. I learned in depth knowledge about the security field. Management was always on top of their game. They made sure you had everything you needed. All of my co-workers were great and knew their job/responsibilities very well. The hardest part of my job was not knowing if/when the contract was going to end. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with a government agency and seeing their day to day operations.
Contracting agency with guarenteed job placement
Medical Homeport Program Manager (Current Employee), JPIMarch 21, 2015
Once you apply to this company you are placed on an assignment with the support of job placement at the end of contract. Alutiiq has employees in various countries to include the United States. Most of their contracts are with the United States Military.
Good
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee), Miami, FLMarch 17, 2015
not one day is the same, always keeping you on your toes. Co-workers are also ex military and or law enforcement so you know that they have your back.
Ok place to work at.
Residential Advisor (Current Employee), Chicopee, MAMarch 8, 2015
Ok place to work at. Love working with the young folks. Some days can be very challenging. Learn how to let things roll off your back.
A fun and conducive learning environment
Ordinance Electronics and Maintenance Instructor (Former Employee), Ft. Gordon GaFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: students from various backgrounds
Cons: short lunch
Excellent for those who wish to give back to their country. Teaching military soldiers how to repair, maintain, and troubleshoot Avionics Equipment gave me a sense of patriotism. I truly enjoyed the atmosphere.
Contract Experience
Emergency Service Dispatcher (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: setting 12 hours a day
Cons: getting to work with of military members
I like working with this contract it was the same as the other contracts and I was dealing with the same Military base. I did all the same things this was just a different contractor.
Productive supply line
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee), Elizabeth City, NCDecember 19, 2014
Pros: well paid with designated hours
Collect measurements and weights for boxes to ship materials. Pack material for shipment and insure the package will get to destination without breaking.
Poor Planing
Engineering level II Contractor (Former Employee), San Pedro, CADecember 17, 2014
Pros: good pay and benifits
Cons: poor managment
Glue underground conduit, pull high and low voltage cabling and terminate per schematics and blueprints. Built wooden cement forms and re-bar frames. Used cement saw and jack hammer. Built Main distribution frame and pedestrian egress gates. Installed IP cameras and Keypads/ Card readers. Worked with people that did not know or do their job. Learned new skills.
excellent
Warehouse Specialist/ Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Shelby, MSDecember 2, 2014
I loved working in this past paced environment and working with military officals
Great place to work.
Recruiter (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VaNovember 24, 2014
Pros: hour for lunch, good mgmt, frequent social functions/good pay
Cons: none that i can think of
Good benefits. Nice people to work with. Great environment to work in. Good hours. Mgmt worked with employees when it was necessary to have time off. Frequent social/pot luck/cook outs events. Job very rewarding. Will return if an opportunity presents itself. No complaints at all.
Productive and fun, the best co-workers ever.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Arlington, VANovember 16, 2014
My typical day at work can get interesting, I often try to priortize the day before but you can do that when you have 35 guys in field that is on a different time zone then you are. Working here has taught me to be prepared to makes changes during the process of doing your job. My co-workers are team players. The hardest part of the job is leaving something undone, because you can't get hold of the person you need to help the contractors in the field. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with these group of people.