Alutiiq Employee Reviews

management promoted personal growth.
Government contractor (Former Employee) –  Fort Huachuca, AZOctober 2, 2016
As a government contractor, Allutiiq provided almost no guidance on individual growth or opportunities. The web site directions associated with the benefits provided by Allutiiq, LLC were cumbersome, and very hard to use and understand.
Pros
self-paced, non-inteference culture
Cons
no chances for promotion or salary increases
High turnover rate for a reason!
Security Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Fairmont, WVOctober 16, 2016
I worked at the Fairmont, WV location. I worked there for a year, and to date,13 employees left there to go be a contractor at the FBI within 1 year. DO NOT WORK HERE unless you want to hate your life. Horrible management, the company doesn't handle issues, and if you dare call HR, you will be hung up on. Easy advancement and gain seniority because no one stays here. You will get fired for no reason at all. Shady as all get out.
Pros
Occasional days off
Cons
Everything from management to the shifts
contract posstitions with the DoD
Personnel Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Great Lakes, IL 60088September 12, 2016
Aluttiq Inc out of Alaska, was a great contract company, morale, work and salary were good. However, they lost the bid to another Contract . this is why the employment ended
Pros
fair goof training great lead benfits and salary good
Cons
Management was diffcult to reach as there were no on-site Management
great job benfits
Instructor/Writer (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKDecember 29, 2016
Great company to work for, great benefits, good work place. great hours, management drops in once a year to see how things are going. Company has a good 401 k
Pros
great benefits, good hours
Cons
no over time
Learning experience
Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Fort Huachuca, AZNovember 14, 2016
Flexible schedules, working with technology for learning, good open management, friendly co-workers, contract work.
Pros
Decent pay, flexible schedule
Cons
Poor benefits, not challenging
Great environment
Construction Accountant (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CODecember 29, 2016
Challenging, varied work with a great group of coworkers. Locations across the country can make communication difficult but the employees find ways to make it work. The native culture is important to this organization.
Pros
Travel, telecommuting
Cons
Remote corporate HQ
Great company to work for
Contractor Security Officer (Former Employee) –  alaJanuary 5, 2017
My job was stress free. I became a better leader with this company. The management taught me how to become a supervisor on a government facility. There was no hard part of my job. The most enjoyable time was every time I walked into the office.
Government contract job-security
Protective Security Officer (Current Employee) –  PaAugust 25, 2016
Decent pay thanks to the contract. Poor management that constantly was changing rules and procedures and threatened us often with disciplinary action if we slipped up on even the smallest things. Poor quality uniforms and gear was given, usually used items that were already worn out. Needless to say, currently looking for something else.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
poor management
DoD Contract
Hazwaste specialist (Former Employee) –  Key West, FLDecember 26, 2016
Great company to work for, great benefits and great knowledge acquired. experience helped me network into the federal service and along its way met great mentors.
A Great Company and said to leave.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 26, 2016
The company has been great for my family and understanding of hard times. They will work with you on a balancing your schedule and put you first when it comes to safety.
Pros
A well paying job for security. I cant fault them with the benefits.
Was a good company
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VADecember 9, 2016
Learned a lot of functions working for the government contract. Manager was easy to get along with and so was the employees.
There was no hard part to the jobs you had to do and your benefits was great.
Pros
Paid holidays and sick time and vacation
Great Opportunity
Customer Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Langley AFB, VAJanuary 11, 2017
I enjoyed my time working with Alutiiq. The work load was heavy and there were high expectations from everyone (management, corporate, customers, military customer) but if you were competent and could stay on task you were generally fine.
Working Here
Supply Technician (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 16, 2016
The management does not really inspect all the job that we are doing because i have been doing it 2 years before the company took over the new contract. They are proactive in attending to their employees request or problem.
Pros
Early Working Hours
Cons
Pay, PPE (personal protective equipment)
good work envirnement good team to work with
General Ledger Technician (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKOctober 28, 2016
Reconciling about 25 bank accounts, checking invoices preparing reports for management and Outside accounting firm
Pros
excellent work envirnoment
Cons
Native corp
contract worker
Technical Manual Team Member (Current Employee) –  NCJanuary 15, 2017
Average contract work environment. Learned a lot with xml. Co-workers wonderful. No advancement hired at specific rate, stay at rate. Not too bad.
No, just no
Proposal Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 17, 2016
Horrible place to work. Low pay, poor benefits, management is sexist and completely family UN-friendly. Too much drama and backbiting. If you need a job that badly, go to Walmart. It would be 1000 times better than Alutiiq.
productive workplace
Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 20, 2016
Loved living overseas, the hospital setting was fast pace and loved the fact that the environment was cultural diverse.
Pros
holidays off
Cons
some staff not understanding of the different cultures of patients
Good relations
Contract Security Officer for DHS (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 20, 2016
This job is basically your normal security job. management is there to help you if they like you. Must travel to work and you get more work with more travel
HR could be better
Hazardous Material Handler (Former Employee) –  AlaAugust 23, 2016
Dealt with HR more than once about pay. No career advancements. No wage advancements. pay stays the same no matter if you work for 1 year to 10 years with the company.
Productive and medium paced work environment
Executive Assistant Secretary- Contractor (Current Employee) –  San Diego Naval Station, CADecember 4, 2015
A day at work is usually eventful. Emailing all the team members and making sure that daily/weekly overtime is processed. Timesheets are correct for payroll.The management here in my current position is so-so. They are not very approachable when it comes to advancement. My co-workers are civilian government. They are fairly easy to work beside. The hardest part of my job is making sure that all team members are complete and up to date with training and turning in weekly reports. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to work on my own and not be micromanaged. My bosses trust me and they let me get the job done the best way I see fit.
Pros
Not being micromanaged, decent managers on the government side
Cons
no room for advancement, not enough time off for emergencies etc.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alutiiq. Our community is ready to answer.