Alvarado Hospital Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
Per Diem Ultrasound Technologist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 25, 2017
Working at Alvarado Hospital Medical Center as a per diem employee has been a positive experience for me. Coworkers, physicians, and ancillary staff are helpful, courteous and pleasant to work with.
Not Bad
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  La Mesa, CAMarch 28, 2017
Alvarado isn't bad. It has some problems but overall I really liked volunteering here. The volunteer coordinator is fantastic. I really liked her. I left for personal reasons not related to my experience at Alvarado.
horrible place to work (
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 27, 2017
worst place i have ever worked, management is horrible and even though they always had a full staff the continued to hire people so the people already working there would get shift cuts... everything about this place is horrible . seen people use expired meds and didn't care because the patient was dying AGAIN horrible place to work . i decided to quit after a few months, thankfully finding a job at a well established hospital
productive and fun to work at. Nursing staff provides a lot of help to nursing aids
nursing assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 27, 2015
Alvarado provides a lot of benefits to its employees. The working environment is manageable and not too stressful. The staffs that I worked with are very nice and the charge nurses are awesome. I worked in the med/surg department and I love it.
Pros
benefits, discounts to amusement parks, gym, and many others.
Cons
Na
Scary
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  San DIego, CAFebruary 27, 2015
The computer never worked. It takes forever to reach IT department to fix the issue. The hospital floor is not even and the computer on wheel moves around if you don't lock them. They never had enough CNA to care for patients and very disorganized.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Working in a friendly team environment
Health Information Management Tech (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 2, 2014
I picked up all previous days discharges. Responsible for checking in and distributing all loose reports daily. Prepared discharges for chart order, filling, pulling records, answering phones, researching admissions, processing discharges. Scanned all completed charts.

I enjoyed working with all my co-workers and personnel in the building.

The hardest part of the job was keeping up with all loose sheets.

My favorite part of the job was processing as many charts as possible each day while working with a great group of people.
Pros
good location
Constant Changes in Healthcare
Director of Radiology (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 15, 2013
Alvarado Hospital was another stop along my management journey. Again, promoted from Manager to Director position. Great group of co-workers dedicated to care of the patient.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Constant changes in Administrative Team
I have shown to be dependable, hard working and a team player. I was told by two of the CNSs to be the best students they ever had at Alvarado.
Externship 160 Hours (Former Employee) –  La Mesa, CASeptember 6, 2012
Working in a hospital is so different then in school. Every day has its own new challenges. This gave me the opportunity to grow as a Phlebotomist. I worked the 4:30a.m. shift, so I did the morning run on the hospital floors. I had to wake the patient to take the first blood draw of the morning. Greeted patient with a nice good morning and introduced by self to the patient. Check patients identification by asking their name and checking their arm band. Made sure to get the prepare needle and specimen tubes I need to collect and compare against the requisition. Label tubes and handle according to hospital protocol. Before leaving the checked to make sure I cleaned up after myself and put everything back as before.
Pros
i enjoy what i do. i feel like i'm able to gave back to the world.
My first job experience
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 6, 2012
I had the chance of working as a Phlebotomist. My co-workers helped me out and made me felt like I belong there. Thanks
Pros
great place to go for all of your medical services and needs
Cons
didn't really have a lot of hours but hey, i managed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alvarado Hospital Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Alvarado Hospital Medical Center Reviews by Location