Alverno Clinical Laboratories

Alverno Clinical Laboratories United States Employee Reviews

Decent company bad management
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), MunsterNovember 5, 2014
Pros: benefits, coworkers, patients
Cons: salary/wages, short lunches, management
Does not compensate seasoned phlebotomist well. Advancement opportunities depends on who you know. Management appears nice but cares only about staffing needs & it shows. Coworkers & patients are the best part of the job. Company has great benefits.
No recommendation
Medical Technician (Former Employee), Hammond, INAugust 1, 2014
Pros: some coworkers were easy going and great coworkers, but not all.
Cons: bad attitudes and culture around the lab
The laboratory was an extremely negative work space. The supervisor's and other coworker's were verbally abusive. Other coworkers were unhappy and trying to find other work while at work. The supervisor never came in on time or did her part in working in the laboratory.
Always growing environment with diverse people
Histology Assistant (Current Employee), Hammond, INMay 8, 2014
Pros: pto
Cons: pay
I enjoy working in histology and med-cytology. I've learned the ordering and accessioning of these types of specimens and some billing. I prefer to work in a more hands-on type roll in histology and process the specimens. I find it fulfilling to deal directly with patient care and quality management.
ok to good
Medical Technologist, Generalist (Current Employee), Hammond, INNovember 11, 2013
Pros: good people. good techs.
Cons: night shift is very hard on the body.
I like where I work, but the night shift if very difficult on my body. I like working with my co-workers but there is little opportunity for advancement or promotion.
Decent first job
Medical Technologist (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INOctober 14, 2013
This was a decent first job, but not somewhere I saw myself building a career.
Productive and fun workplace
Lab Assistant III (Current Employee), Evanston,ILMay 1, 2013
Pros: nice co-workers
Cons: short staff
Day at work starting from 3 pm. My job is very interesting, Since you every day I have the opportunity to learn something new.
My co-worker is very nice. We always work together as a team. The hardest work is how we have short staff, and there is a lot of work. Then the performance is not as good, because stress is bigger and you can not work normally.
Most in this work I like is that I have a lot of opportunity to learn and help others.
Average company, management not so good
Lab Assistant III (Former Employee), IndianaApril 25, 2013
Pros: not many pros
Cons: too many to list
I worked for the organization for 2 years before they actually" promoted" me to a position in which I had a degree in. They ended up demoting me. I felt that it had to do with the fact that I went on maternity leave early due to having a premature baby. My supervisor had her favorites and it was very obvious. She could be very rude at times and would talk to certain employees as if they were children. This was one thing that I did not approve of. The lab director was also a backstabber, she would smile in your face while plotting against you. There were many times in whichever certain employees were treated differently than others. They tend to show favoritism towards the employees they like. If I knew then what I know now I would have never worked for this type or organization.
typical courier job, pleasant work place, well managed
Courier (Former Employee), Hammond, IndianaFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: wonderful benefits, company holiday dinners, outdoor cook outs, etc.
Cons: the only thing that i can think of was the driving in bad weather, but that was part of the job and was able to handle the routes with no problem or accidents.
A typical day at would would be to pick up and deliver medical specimins to the lab. I had to learn different routes in order to help fill in other areas when an employee would call off or be on vacation. The management was good and the dispatcher was very knowledgeable. The coworkers were pleasant and friendly. The hardest part of the job was driving in inclement weather. I enjoyed all aspects of the job.
Productive,techinical and skilled.
Technical Assistant, Microbiology Laboratory (Former Employee), Beech Grove, INJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: worked mostly day time.
Cons: the heating system in the old building was too hot.
Alverno Clinical labs at St. Francis Hospital was in Beechgrove Indiana. I worked in the Microbiology lab. I always kept busy receiving specimens or finding a old specimen for additional testing.I learned how to be organized,process specimens for TB testing(AFB).All the co worker were professional and friendly. The hardest part of the job was having enough space to work. But since the lab was moved to the Indianapolis campus that problem was solved. Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to find a specimen for a doctor who needed to add on a test. Saving the patient time and additional pain.
Hospital and Outpatient Phlebotomist
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee), Dyer, INOctober 29, 2012
Pros: preforming a job for what i went to school for.
Cons: an unhappy supervisor
Draw and collect a variety of samples throughout the hospital.
and than open the outpatient clinic.I tended to the walk-in patients, enter the ordered tests, Preform and collect a variety of samples.

Management I did not care for.

Co-workers for the most part worked well together.

Hardest part of this job was the parents of children that we had to do tests on.

Most enjoyable part was being confident at what I do and reassuring patients.