Alvis House

Alvis House Employee Reviews

A chance to work in community corrections
Community Re-Entry Specialist (Current Employee), Dayton, OHMay 27, 2015
Cons: No room for growth
An average company. I prefer to keep my opinion to myself. Anytime a company repeatedly has open interviews that should tell you something.
beware
cademanager (Former Employee), Ohio linkMarch 12, 2015
Pros: learning about the state and federal rules.
Cons: management horrible communication does not exist in safe work environment staff has no ethics.
This company from top management covers lies and when inmates tell the truth they have them incarcerated. They leave one person working alone male or female to look over 40 or more inmates alone the pay is horrible and the management threatens and talks to staff horrible.The facility I worked at in Toledo practiced in ethical behavior including inappropriate relaionships with clients. I am glad I left this place will ruin your carear! Everyone turns a blind eye. There was this facility is not safe!
An essential program to assist recently released inmates to integrate into socity.
Case Manager (Current Employee), Columbus, OHJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: being able to adjust your work schedule when needed.
Cons: the job has a high turnover due to job "burnout"/
The program offers excellent resources to assist client with socio-economic needs, it administers proven assessments to target areas of client's greatest needs and the program's overall success rate is above other programs offered within the area.
Clients meet with case managers on a regular basis to adjust programming needs once goals are met making reintegration into society very successful. Mental health and addiction services are offered to clients that need or are required to attend and counselors regularly report on the client's progress. Case managers reprt to probation and parole officers on a monthly basis to assess each client's progress and assist in creating personalized programs for each client.
The hardest part of the job is when a client fails to adhere to the program and is returned back to prison.
A good starter organization
Community Reentry Specialist (Current Employee), Columbus, OHNovember 27, 2014
Pros: a great organization to gain valuable experience
Cons: the pay could be a little better
For the amount of effort and time you put into your job, the organization could be more generous with pay. But overall its an good organization to work for, a good place to get your feet wet in social services. Growth potential is fairly ok, but annual raises are not likely.
Productive Work Environment
SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), ColumbusNovember 19, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: n/a
The Alvis House believes in creating a bond within the community and exemplifies that through their employees. The Alvis House makes an effort to avoid the stuffy work cliche work atmosphere.
Good company to work for
Human Resources Officer (Current Employee), Columbus, OHNovember 10, 2014
Good company to work for you if you want to advance or get your education.
Manage assigned client cases on a daily basis
Case Manager (Current Employee), Columbus, ohioAugust 22, 2014
Pros: enjoy encouraging others
Cons: salary
Assist, encouraging, and motivatingmy client on a daily basis with counciling, job seaking. Maintain contact with clients Parole/probation officer monthly, sometime daily. assist client with transportation to appoinments. Document client progres daily, report clients progress to the clients Parole/Probation officer
Please consider other options for employment
Community Re-Entry Specialist (Current Employee), The Concrete JungleApril 23, 2014
Pros: i liked coming to work to see the drama unfold and laugh
Cons: everything
There is such a chaos and confusion that I cannot begin to describe there. Besides the management verbally abusing you at mandatory staff meetings; they will make you feel as though you cannot find another job, but they threaten you all the time.
If you stand for anything, they will mistreat you on purpose and if you don't fall into the traps of sleeping with the clients, you can leave peacefully. If you ever get fired from here, know that's what happened and you rarely get fired from there for anything else except ethical violations.
Incompetency rises. The only way to make it here is to be as inconsistent as the entire operation is.
Alvis House
Case Manager (Former Employee), Columbus, OHOctober 20, 2013
absolutely terrible upper mangement. Staff is treated like they are the clients. They pay bottom dollar and expect you to be "on call" with no overtime.
A Learning Experience
Cook (Former Employee), Columbus, OHOctober 15, 2013
My typical work day included preparing two meals for clients and ensuring that they did their daily detalis.
Working and learning the Fish Philosophy
Medicaid Billing Specialist (Current Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 3, 2013
The company is willing to help with whatever need an employee has. If they need to leave early for a personal reason, it would be granted, even if it was on short notice. Alvis House tries to treat their employees like family and the DD Services division uses the Fish Philosophy of Being Present, Play, Make their day, and Choose Your Attitude. Living by this example helps the day go by faster and also helps with understanding the clients even better.
Corrections
Community Reentry Specialist (Former Employee), Columbus OhioMay 7, 2013
Worked with many inmates in groups, took them to their doctors appointments,and jobs.
Good work envirnoment
Community Reentry Specialist (CRS) (Current Employee), Columbus, OHApril 30, 2013
I work with very good hardworking co workers the most enjoyable thing about my job is interacting with the residents and also has good management
Enjoyed working with alot of great people
Administrative Assistant/Human Resources (Former Employee), Columbus, OhioApril 24, 2013
Always very busy, but I liked it made the day go by very fast. I also enjoyed meeting alot of new people as well
Halfway house that provides transitioning skills to the population of inmates.
Community Corrections Specialist (Former Employee), Columbus, OHSeptember 6, 2012
Pros: excellent beginning a career in the criminal justice field.
Cons: too many chiefs and not enough indians.
There was never a typical day. I learned how to supervise and how to be a team player. The hardest part of my job is watching those who did not complete the program successfully. The most enjoyable part of my job was making a difference and being a positive role model.
Alvis House Management
Habilitation Specialist (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMay 27, 2012
Pros: benefit, and working with consumers
Cons: poor relation and risk management
As most companies Alvis House has its plus and minus. This review only reflects my experience and the time I worked for the company, and the department in which I was employed.

The company afforded respectable benefit, work life flexibility, and job security. However, the management leadership was below standards. The company missed the mark when it came to managing employees’ diversity, and values. The management did not afford healthy work environments and little mean to address issues effectively. Working conditions were unhealthy because of the conditions of the homes employees worked.

The senior management’s inability to properly manage risk exposed the company to issues that could have been prevented, and loss of good employees. I left the company not because of the individuals we served but the company upper-level managers’ style resulted in low morale and was very stressful. So stressful that three good employees quit within one week.

However, work relations may be different and hopefully the company has learned the value of risk management, employee relations, and value-led leadership.
I enjoyed working at this agency.
Case Manager (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMay 23, 2012
My main job function was to monitor probation and parolees. I maintained accurate case files for each client. I searched and monitored for contraband.
Good place to be
Community Correction Specialist (Former Employee), Columbus, OHApril 17, 2012
Pros: hours
Cons: pay
I enjoy working with the people. My typical day would be make shore people are where they need to be.

Alvis House Salaries