Alvogen Employee Reviews

Stay away!
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Pine Brook, NJFebruary 15, 2017
I worked for this company as a project manager for about 4.5 years. At first as a start up organization, the company was very focused on what it wanted to accomplish. They offered a LTIP (like a yearly bonus, but instead it reinvested back into the growth of the company), which offered a huge bonus after 3 years of work. After the first few years though, this program was unfortunately stopped. It was one of the few reasons that their lower salaries kept people working in this place.

Most managers here are people that have worked in the industry for a long time and are managers for that reason. They don't generally know how to deal with people. As such, most are stuck in their own little ways, and if you don't fit their mold you better have a secondary option out there for employment.

They do have an event called "yellow fridays" which made working their enjoyable. It was mostly focused around team building activities done once a month. Sadly this was cut further and further back though.

General summary of my work there.
1. I never once received an annual bonus that was at or over target in spite of meeting & exceeding goals.
2. Constant micromanagement even from people outside of your department.
3. Diminishing culture over the entire period that I worked there.
Pros
employment
Cons
poor bonuses, raises, micromanagement, health insurance premiums
great workplace
Formulation Technician (Former Employee) –  Pine Brook, NJDecember 14, 2016
Very nice work environment, had good teamwork, I liked because I could express my ideas and opinions, it was a very dynamic work, learned a lot about the industry, was receiving feedback from my boss, but we worked long hours, was very pleasant finish our projects.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
ragha
Growing generic pharma company
Sr. Tax Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseyOctober 17, 2016
- all functions of tax, provision, nexus issues etc.
-hardworking co-workers
- expanded my international knowledge
-gathering the data to prepare a global tax provision
Another startup exclusively for numbers
R&D Manager (Current Employee) –  Pine Brook, NJApril 13, 2016
For TL:DR, just check the title.

This company has seemingly a clear business model, but it's no different than the countless number of other generic companies out there.

A majority of the growth you see is from acquisition, and little organic growth, mostly from management stifling the R&D organisation.

A few deals they've lucked out on, but with the recent private equity swap and a constant need for higher returns the old business model just is not sustainable when it comes to closing the books.

Crummy bonuses unless you're a VP are plentiful. You rarely hear about anyone every hitting their target bonus. Raises are below the ROI of a T-bill.

Professional development exists, but most people that smart run for the hills. Little retention plans to keep the performers.
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
Political games between employees and functional units
Good place
Finance (Current Employee) –  Pine BrookJanuary 27, 2016
Good place to work. Stable place. Good business model.

People seem happy in general. Positive managers but occasionally a disconnect between management and employees.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
poor managers
Small Company
Sr Accountant Consultant, Gross to Net Department (Current Employee) –  Pine Brook, NJJanuary 11, 2016
Alvogen is a small private pharmaceutical company which mainly deals with generic drugs.

A nice working place with great team work.
Excellent Company great work life balance
Accounts Payable Manager (Current Employee) –  Pine Brook, NJFebruary 3, 2015
Productive company with good management and work environment.

Advancement opportunities exist as well as opportunities for learning new skills and advancing in one's career.