Alvord Unified School District Employee Reviews

I like my job.
food production worker (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CADecember 6, 2017
Like working with people. Enjoy my work made a lot of friends. If I had a situation where I had to talk to my supervisor I would address them. And try to come up with a answer.
Pros
Free lunch, friendly place to work.
Cons
Need more workers.
The wind would blow North for six months, then blow south for six moths.
Federal Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Alvord Unified School DistrictAugust 28, 2017
Nobody was happy to have a Federal Assistance Office in the district. The extra paperwork and regulations attached to the financial assistance given to the schools were a constant source of friction between the principals and our office. Staying on top of a million plus dollar budget and how it was spent was a problem. I was in charge of eight programs in as many schools. The principals and the staff were a challenge to keep positive about the benefits of the programs versus the regulations and accountability they required.
Pros
Helped get good things going, like computors in the schools
Cons
I was nuisance
It's nice but there is a problem with favortism
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 22, 2017
I would like to advance, it's hard because there's so many people that want to, not enough positions for them all. Those who know people are the first choices.
Pros
Free food a
Cons
Short breaks, no health care if you only work part time, supervisors play favorites
Prodictive
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 18, 2017
I did liked working for Alvord, it was fun working by my self and working with team. Some times it was scarery working nights because it was so dark.
Stable work environment for a governmental agency.
Governing Board Member (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAJune 25, 2017
Horrible culture of fear that employees have to deal with on an ongoing basis. The Superintendent and management are very threatening. The pay is okay, but the surrounding districts pay slightly better and have less drama.
Substitute Teacher
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CA 92505June 17, 2017
A typical day at work is when I'm managing the classroom, first introducing myself and the rules and expectations, than saying what the agenda is for today. Afterwards, once I tell the students the expectations that period, I help them with the given work. As the period goes by, I walk around and see how everyone is doing with their work. The hardest part of the day, is towards the end where the students are talkative. What I enjoy of the job, is being able to help out with the material given.
Pros
Honor/AP classes.
Cons
Talkative students
working with children can be fun
Substitute Employee (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 16, 2017
I helped in office duties and with children during breaks. I liked meeting all the children and helping them.
The office team and teachers all work hard to keep the children safe.
Pros
Being around children.
Great environment
Health Assistant (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 17, 2017
I love working here, I have worked at many different schools throughout the district and everyone is friendly. The hours of work are also perfect to accommodate working parents.
Fun and fast paced
Subsitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 28, 2017
Alvord Unified is a great district to work for. Their administrators are kind and very helpful with any questions or concerns. Teachers are a great source of contact.
Teach students daily curriculum. Stay on schedule
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 27, 2017
Teach students daily curriculum and stay on schedule so teachers may continue to stay on schedule per his or her return. Workplace culture is maintain classroom management so all students may achieve his/ her highest potential.
Pros
My own schedule
Cons
No benefits
Great place to work when you are a full time employee
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 13, 2017
If you are a substitute, you are a 2nd class worker.
then to get hire, a lot of people need to like you before your application even passes the 1st stage. ah remember if you don't punctuate your application, your application gets auto denied.

when you are inside you are good to go
Pros
great pay, when not a substitute
Cons
substitutes are 2nd class workers
Calm and self paced work
Data Entry Assistant AUSD (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 1, 2017
During my short intern as a data entry assistant I was able to see the background of research. I saw what was needed to do in order to get accurate data and how to use this data effectively in a computer. Overall, this internship was a interesting one that allowed me to further develop my computer and data entry skills.
Politics detroys the greatness.
Instructional Aide (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 7, 2017
Better working as a sub than a actual permanent certificated staff. No benefits, however ample calls for jobs each day. Some people tend to judge more harshly than others, but overall a good work environment.
Pros
The student's
Cons
The political nonsense.
Good school district to work for.
Substitute teacher K-12 (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CADecember 3, 2016
The job itself was a lot of fun. Being a substitute teacher taught me a lot about myself and people in general. The job is rewarding.
Great Culture
Systems Integrator (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CANovember 18, 2016
Alvord USD has a great culture. Working for them has been a pleasure. The only downside, at least from the IT perspective, is that there is no room for advancement unless you have a teaching credential. Other than that, it is an awesome place to work.
A good district to sub for, a tougher district to get into
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 18, 2016
Daily substitute teaching experiences in this district are fairly standard. Daily work is steady but long-term substitute assignments can be difficult.
Pros
Close to local stores, good discipline
Cons
Poor communication between district offices and each school's administration
Inspiring and motivating place to work
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 25, 2016
Every morning when I walk into work there is a since of hope and purpose to the day. All of the employees within the district are helpful, they have a since of not only teamwork but also of family when working together.
Great salary and benefits, but it is difficult to retain your job if you work with an unethical leader unchecked leader that fosters negativity.
Education (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 17, 2016
It is a great district with great educational support, and some great district personnel. Just be weary of "an" unchecked, grossly unethical, unprofessional and unsupervised principal. Supervisors/Superintendents of principals need to take a "systematic and unbiased stance" regarding principal comportment. The students should truly come first, and this district needs to truly care about its parent's voices, and concerns at each individual school site. That is a part of educational equity.
Pros
The salary and some great professional district personnel. This district has so much potential
Cons
There are glaring social and educational issues.
Classified Substitute Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 10, 2016
Alvord is a great place to work. I have met many different individuals at all of the schools I have worked at and appreciate the flexibility the job offers.
Pros
Able to work when needed around my primary job at Vons
Cons
No benefits
fun, productive, positive, recognition, appreciated
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 8, 2016
Nice place to work - We respected each one as a professional and like family. It was a fun place to work at. The atmosphere was very positive. I would have retired from there had personal situation not happened. They are still my family.
Pros
Everyone worked as a team
Cons
having a small library