Alvord Unified School District

Alvord Unified School District Employer Reviews

An amazing team to work with.
Program Specialist, Sp. Ed (Former Employee), Riverside, CAOctober 28, 2014
Pros: students!
Cons: paperwork
As a teacher, loved my students, as a department, I truly enjoyed my colleagues, and administration truly cared about what was happening with the students,

As Program Specialist, I mostly enjoyed the autonomy. trust, teamwork, and respect amongst all of us working in the office. In the field, I particularly enjoyed training new teacher, development – more... and facilitating staff development as well as demonstrating teaching strategies for job coaching. Amazing Experience with student teacher that continues today after 10-15 years since my students have graduated and moved on. I am very proud of them. – less
Positive staff, parents/ productive/enthusiastic climate to work in.
Resource Specialist (Current Employee), Riverside, CAApril 12, 2014
Pros: professional development, collaboration with teachers, agencies
Cons: unexpected outcomes when advocating for a child.
As a Resource Specialist, there is a lot of variety in my job .
-Many opportunities for Professional/Personal growth
-Management (due to many changes in the District, stretched thin)
-Coworkers are pleasant, hardworking, and respectful
-The most enjoyable part of my job is the opportunity to develop my professional/personal skills by the challenges – more... met daily. – less
Excellent and rewarding learning experience
Tutor (Former Employee), Riverside, CAApril 3, 2014
Pros: feel like a child again, an imaginative yet educational work environment
Cons: big responsibility to students which can be a pro and con.
I learned how to tutor children in an educational environment where discipline and respect were paramount alongside a friendly and warming culture of growth.

My co-workers were very bright fellow students whom I enjoyed the company of.

My advisers were well-experienced educations.

The hardest part of the job was working with unruly children, but – more... this taught me that no child is the same and that I must approach each one with that in mind and to cater to their individual needs.

The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing a child learn new material and feel proud of his accomplishments. – less
Patience is a virtue
Activities Assistant (Former Employee), Riverside, CAMay 29, 2013
I worked with middle school kids in the after school program and they are very energetic.
typicical day at work
Food Service Worker 1 (Former Employee), Riverside, CAMay 6, 2013
Pros: free lunches for those who needed it.
Cons: insurance was too much ..
come in morn help prepare food and wrap it it up making sure cooler is filled with milk and drinks.Bake cookies package them ready to sell to students.three lunches rush pretty fast..Then after first lunch we restock and get ready for 2nd lunch,get all dishes together and was and clean..
Good
Food Service Worker (Current Employee), Riverside, CAAugust 18, 2012
Cons: healthcare
Everything about this job is good especially working with great co workers. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to serve children their food.
Enjoy working at the Middle Schools
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Riverside, CAAugust 6, 2012
Pros: great teacher appreciate days.
Cons: hard to find work on the new subfinder-aesop
Once you get to know some of the secretaries you may be able to get work that way, but overall since the new system was implemented it is really hard to work the way one was use to as a Sub.
On a typical day I would teach about 160 students in five different periods. I really enjoy teaching the students easier ways to learn math skills.
Some of the – more... co-workers at each site were ok others were unbearable. Think their better than us Subs because they are teaching full time. – less