Alvord Unified School District Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
The more you work, the more you make.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 4, 2016
A great job for those looking for experience in teaching/education related jobs. You aren't guaranteed work but you do end up working almost every day.
Pros
Accommodating to your schedule.
Cons
Not the most competitive district in Riverside.
Great job experience where I worked with kids of all ages with varying disabilities
Special Education Assistant (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 11, 2015
This job has taught me that you may have to use different strategies while communicating with different individuals. The teachers I work with are awesome and everyone always helps each other out.
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
Disorganized school district
Fun place to work. Easy work with a definite purpose.
o District Mail Room Clerk (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 4, 2015
I go in early and have just enough time to do what I need to do. Coworkers and interaction with the students make it always an interesting day. Being a union company makes it interesting as well.
An amazing team to work with.
Program Specialist, Sp. Ed (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 28, 2014
As a teacher, loved my students, as a department, I truly enjoyed my colleagues, and administration truly cared about what was happening with the students,

As Program Specialist, I mostly enjoyed the autonomy. trust, teamwork, and respect amongst all of us working in the office. In the field, I particularly enjoyed training new teacher, development and facilitating staff development as well as demonstrating teaching strategies for job coaching. Amazing Experience with student teacher that continues today after 10-15 years since my students have graduated and moved on. I am very proud of them.
Pros
students!
Cons
paperwork
Positive staff, parents/ productive/enthusiastic climate to work in.
Resource Specialist (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 12, 2014
As a Resource Specialist, there is a lot of variety in my job .
-Many opportunities for Professional/Personal growth
-Management (due to many changes in the District, stretched thin)
-Coworkers are pleasant, hardworking, and respectful
-The most enjoyable part of my job is the opportunity to develop my professional/personal skills by the challenges met daily.
Pros
professional development, collaboration with teachers, agencies
Cons
unexpected outcomes when advocating for a child.
Excellent and rewarding learning experience
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 3, 2014
I learned how to tutor children in an educational environment where discipline and respect were paramount alongside a friendly and warming culture of growth.

My co-workers were very bright fellow students whom I enjoyed the company of.

My advisers were well-experienced educations.

The hardest part of the job was working with unruly children, but this taught me that no child is the same and that I must approach each one with that in mind and to cater to their individual needs.

The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing a child learn new material and feel proud of his accomplishments.
Pros
feel like a child again, an imaginative yet educational work environment
Cons
big responsibility to students which can be a pro and con.
Patience is a virtue
Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 29, 2013
I worked with middle school kids in the after school program and they are very energetic.
typicical day at work
Food Service Worker 1 (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 6, 2013
come in morn help prepare food and wrap it it up making sure cooler is filled with milk and drinks.Bake cookies package them ready to sell to students.three lunches rush pretty fast..Then after first lunch we restock and get ready for 2nd lunch,get all dishes together and was and clean..
Pros
free lunches for those who needed it.
Cons
insurance was too much ..
great work place
Site Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 28, 2012
I worked there for many years. This district has many friendly and helpful staff and coworkers. Many individuals with integrity and learned a lot about others. The students are amazing and working with them on a daily basis was amazing. Overall a great district and place to work.
Cons
pay cuts, layoffs, no cola
Enjoy working at the Middle Schools
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 6, 2012
Once you get to know some of the secretaries you may be able to get work that way, but overall since the new system was implemented it is really hard to work the way one was use to as a Sub.
On a typical day I would teach about 160 students in five different periods. I really enjoy teaching the students easier ways to learn math skills.
Some of the co-workers at each site were ok others were unbearable. Think their better than us Subs because they are teaching full time.
Pros
great teacher appreciate days.
Cons
hard to find work on the new subfinder-aesop

4.5