Always Best Care Senior Services Employee Reviews

Very productive.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 17, 2017
I loved working there. I wish I could go back and work there. Really great people. Every shift is available, you'll actually enjoy working there.
successful, hard worker, fun worker and always on time
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 14, 2017
•I have currently volunteer with American Red Cross Association through job Corps of San Diego i volunteered at different Church of god in Christ Ministries also have work with porter Elementary school and different nonprofit organizations such as San Vincent de Paul ,birthline in salvation Army
Loved working here
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Exton, PAOctober 16, 2016
I loved Always Best Care. I met amazing people during my time there. I would pick my hours and drive to the clients house. I would clean for the clients, bath clients, show clients their medicines, cook and run them to their errands. Anything they needed I was there for their care.
Poor Management & Judgement
Staffing Director (Former Employee) –  Mountain Brook, ALOctober 4, 2016
The Company needs to revamp its goals and motives and be more careful in staffing the company correctly. They hire unreliable people that work when they feel like it and then look at the faculty as if it is their fault. Your workers are a reflection of the company and if you hire anybody they they will do anything. Everyday they are deactivating someone and then look crazy when its hard to staff the shifts for the clients with reliable caregivers.
Pros
Cons
Everything About the Company, it has a lot of learning to do.
Love taking care of clients in their homes
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Palm Desert, CASeptember 12, 2016
I enjoy being able to focus on one client at a time making sure they get the best of care in the comfort of their homes. I am a companion and assist with ADLs.
Horrible place to work in office
Care Coordinator Manager (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COJuly 1, 2016
Owner has a terrible temper who is verbally abusive with foul language to her in office staff, and who micro manages via phone or in the office and ordering how and when a job should be completed. It is impossible to keep up with her demands as she is always added new duties. Other in office staff also feel the negative environment.The most enjoyable part of the job was to be in contact and communicate with staffing who did in home services.
Pros
working with in home service staff
Cons
lack of training (I was given a "2 month learning curve"
Good Job
Senior Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 8, 2016
I enjoy working for Always Best Care Senior Services. I like coming to work most days it simply depends on the mood that your client is in.
Home Care
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Evanston, ILMay 7, 2016
This job is great to work at. The company makes sure that the workers as well as the patients are comfortable and the environment is clean. Scheduling is great.
Outstanding Franchise to work for!
Personal Care Aide-Part Time (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAMarch 31, 2016
I consider myself lucky to work for this agency. I have almost 10 years experience in Home Care Management. I became certified as a PCA because I thought having these skills would come in handy for supplemental income/part time.

The franchise I work for has been good to me. They send me to clients within my chosen driving radius. The majority of my clients have been an absolute pleasure to work for!

When you are dependable and professional, they will offer you lots of pick-up shifts. I have been awarded Caregiver of the Month twice, and I am part-time! They are generous with awarding gift cards of your choice.

I appreciate the Direct Deposit! What I would like to see happen though, is for them to investigate supplemental Health Insurances (payroll deduct) to offer all their Caregivers. I am under-employed and cannot afford insurance. The Health Care Marketplace sucks, and even with the portion they cover, I still cannot afford it.
Pros
Great Clients, reasonable driving distance, shifts that work for YOU, gift card perks, extra pay for covering last minute shifts.
Cons
No Medical/Health/Dental/Life/401 K offerings at this time.
They have a work animal!
Home Health Aide- Always Best Care Senior Services (Former Employee) –  Grafton, OHJanuary 8, 2016
Family Orientated as well as very understanding if anything happens while on the job or on your personal time. Thinks of his employees on the holidays as well
Home Health Aide/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 19, 2015
The management team is very unprofessional i have worked here for almost 2 years you have to call multiple times just to get the run around .
Work is ok, housekeeping, errands, out to eat, assist with some personal care. Management is unprofessional and some workers are unreliable.
CNA (Current Employee) –  Fleming Island, FloridaOctober 7, 2015
I work with some dementia patients, and some that just needs companionship. I do light housekeeping, errands, meal prep, assisting with clothing, some bathing and walking.
Pros
Getting to hear stories from clients about their life
Cons
Having inconsistency with other workers being 2 hours late or not show up at all, and me being late getting my kids to school.
Fun place but stressful work
Office Manager/Director of Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Monroe, NJJune 25, 2015
My typical day at work is to arrive before anyone else so that my work can be done. Because this position is a 24/7 on call position, the main administrative duties need to be done early so that when distractions come into view, it won't affect the work load.

I learned to manage my time and work load so that it would be done efficiently and on a timely basis.

My co-workers are wonderful and I get along with each and everyone; however, there's a time and place to relax and slack off.

The hardest part of the job is when clients or aides call out and coverage is not available or when you get a new case on a Friday afternoon and needs to be filled ASAP.

The most enjoyable part of the job is to see a client satisfied when the aide is kind, compassionate and willing to help.
Pros
bonuses; awards; free lunches
Cons
long, exhausting hours
typical work
Payroll Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCJune 10, 2015
typical work place as a administrative assistant. it was a learning experience and i did learn new things. I was new to payroll and i learn a lot more about it
Cons
shor
wonderful place to work
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bristol, PAJune 5, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job is the people i get tomeet n help on daily basis.My work days are filled with many obsticales but i get thru them and handle them with care, understanding and patience.
Pros
fullfilling people with hope n happiness
this is a nice environment and the staff are friendly and easy to work with
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAMay 16, 2015
my work requires you to get to know your clients, work closely with others, and you have to love helping others. the most enjoyable is the flexibility of the job.
Rewarding to take care of people
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Longmont, CONovember 19, 2014
Drive to clients houses to help them out with personal needs. Transfer from wheel chairs, beds, etc. Help them in and out of showers etc. Take them to appointments, ect. Lite housework and any other necessities they need.
Pros
Meet interesting people
Cons
Lots of driving
Terrible company
HOME CAREGIVER (Former Employee) –  chesterfield miOctober 7, 2014
sent me miles away, made very little not enough to cover gas for the places they were sending us
Caregiver caring for elderly clients
Always Best Care Senior Services (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Ct.August 5, 2014
At Always Best Care I cared for elderly clients in their homes with all of their needs from personal care to providing companionship. I also worked with quite a few dementia clients. It was a very good expierence working at Always Best Care.
Slow paced but requires prompt clinical judgement
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Westerville, OHMay 15, 2014
It is typically a one on one assignment and just like any health setting irrespective of clients current physical appearance there is always that need to double check on the client every now and then coughing.Sleep patterns, Skin, color changes, weight gain or loss Client comfort, daily interactions and respect for privacy.
As a direct provider of care/assistance my utmost priority was my clients comfort so once i had established a rapport with them they became a part of me and I don't see my reliability to them as a job but something I love to do" CARE".
The hardest part of the job is getting to know a person's do's and don'ts but you can't be guaranteed you will for even up to 11 weeks or close.
The most enjoyable part is waking up to yourself with a smile on the face that you made another person's day or night better either by listening, laughing at their jokes or paying mind to the little things no one else did .
Pros
Manager of the business has a great personality, very calm, appreciates workers and also takes turn in being a companion for his clients.
Cons
Nothing in particular not common with other companies

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Always Best Care Senior Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7