Always Money Employee Reviews

Nothing But Liars
Former Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCJuly 16, 2016
You are only as good as your numbers! If you work in a community where the unemployment rate is high and the customers are unable to pay as they have to decide if they should pay a loan or pay their rent you better run! Corporate don't care anything about you or these customers they want their money. That's the main reason why they are shutting down the majority of their offices in SC. Don't go over 40 hours per work week or you will be in trouble. Employees find themselves editing their time to keep in compliance with this company. That's a reason why they have a complaint with the labor board ! They lie to keep you from getting unemployment and most times end up having to pay as in my case! If I had to do it over again, this company would not make my list! They make you sign a non compete so if you are terminated or leave, you can't work in that area for a year! Too stressful for the pay! After leaving this company I no longer have blood pressure problems! They have a few stores open in SC. But eventually all of them are going to fold!!
Pros
A job if you don't have one
Cons
Corporate and Upper Management Are Snakes
Not the best
CSR (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCMay 13, 2016
This company is not professional at all. They don't train you, it's like they are setting you up for failure. They are very rude to customers.
good company but there were constant changes of back and forth, wasnt the best at communicating the changes
CSR (Former Employee) –  West Union, SCJuly 26, 2015
Come in and balance my drawer, made collection calls, did markerting, and make more collection calls, When customers came in we would process their loans for approval and denial.
Pros
Working with the public, getting out of the office and meeting new people while marketing
Cons
Collection hours, away from my family alot, had to cancel plans with family to come in and work collection, I wasnt working to my full capacity
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Cullman, ALNovember 11, 2015
I have been with the company 5 years and it has went through many changes but as an employee there the company is a good place to work. They are family owned and have a customer oriented atmosphere.
there was a great overturn at this company
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALOctober 8, 2015
The bonus structure was really good. It was hard to keep a good staff. The turnover rate was strong. The goals that they set were unreachable at times
Pros
great training
Cons
no room for advancement
Productive and Fun work Enviornment
INTERN (Former Employee) –  Columbia, ScOctober 10, 2015
My over all experience with this company was great. As an intern I was able to learn and gain the knowledge needed to further my career.
Patronizing and psychotic
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaSeptember 6, 2015
Truthfully a disgusting group of patheticly minded individuals run the show from behind the curtain at the home office in AL. This company has no bonus opportunity, and WILL NOT reward or recognize talent. Infact here recently - Three managers from the district quit in the same week, then they have implemented a "non-compete agreement." The truth is, the company believes their staff to be a group of dumb unprofessional illiterates. No one has signed the non compete and the company is desperate to find the agreeable, weak-minded, co-dependant individuals who are okay with a less than mediocre lifestyle to work inside there branches. Everyone who has a brain, is on the way out.

Its sad because I used to love the company, the CEO was great, and unfortunately I discovered the truth. Don't worry, you take a position with them and you too will come to the same conculsion. Their entire district of 14 stores.. every employee wants out... dont do it.
Pros
Cons
Weak pay, micro management, no bonuses, no recognition, no 401k, no family health insurance, the corporate office is pathetic.
Upper management are horrible!
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALJanuary 27, 2015
I was employed with this company for 4 yrs. I loved my job until things started to change at corporate. Once things started to change in corporate we was no longer a family felt company. Things changed so much, so frequently that you had no chance to adjust. In my district they fired my previous district manager without notice and and sent us a new District Manager who didn't know anything about the system we used. It was a horrible experience. Being away from the company has brought such much ease to my stress. This is a stressful job with a lot of requirements being asked of you. If you are not able to fulfill these requirements you will be dropped immediately. Regardless of the hard work you put into the company.
Pros
meeting and helping people
Cons
upper management was horrible
Reality Check
SLAVE (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaDecember 17, 2014
This is a company that is truly for itself. It is full of people who only care about themselves, but what we can't forget is the visitors from coporate who pretend to care about you. I understand that the point of a business is to make money, but once you lose sight of the people then you really have nothing.

A typical work day includes tasks that are usually not in your work description, which could include picking up the "boss'" mess. There is a lack of not only consistency, but compassion. A job is a job and this one pays not the best but it does pay.
Cons
management
great company
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMarch 26, 2015
I enjoyed working for the company. The work environment is very light when it comes to the customer service aspect of the job. When it comes to the business side of things the environment is very aggressive and driven. If you are looking for a money motivated commission based job this is the place for you.
excellent members
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Phenix City, ALJuly 26, 2015
Loved the work environment and the members. Stayed busy working collections and processing loans as well as assisting members with their accounts.
Pros
members
Cons
hours
Corporate has turned the running over to people who don't care !
store manager (Former Employee) –  two different locationsSeptember 29, 2014
not the same company it was..they turned everything over to corporate and they have no concerns or cares for their employes there is no communication anymore they have made it impossible to make money all they care about is putting money in their pockets I loved my job for 5 years for 2 yearsI have hated my job.they have let go of all of the seasoned managers and hire people that only want to make that dollar amount per hour.
Pros
having a relationship with your customers and being able to help
Cons
not having a company that cares about you personally, only cares about themselves, no communication, no advancement impossible to make money.
Payday/Title loan companies are not all bad
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALNovember 13, 2014
My experience at Always Money really taught me that customer service go along ways. The most effective marketing is word of mouth from your customers. I genuinely tried to help every customer with which ever product best served their needs. I generally tried to put myself in the role of the customer which allowed me to assist the customer in a beneficial way. I work with my co-workers to achieve to goals set fort in the company which assured we received a bonus. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting a very diverse group of people and sharing in their views on different topics. The least enjoyable was collections as some people take out loans with no intention of paying them back.
Pros
10% bonus of bottom line revenue, good benefits
Cons
no retirement plan or 401k
Productive and Fun Workplace
Manager (Current Employee) –  Opelika, ALJune 23, 2015
Great Work Enviroment and opportunity to market with local businesses. Always able to build customer relationships and help individuals during hard times.
Great compensation
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  AlabamaJanuary 17, 2014
A typical work day at this company would require hours of trying to get in touch with district manager and store manger was never at work. This company doesnt train you. They pretty much set you up to fail! My coworkers were mean to the customers and they customers complained daily about it. I wouldnt recomend this company to anyone.
Pros
workday started at 9
Cons
no training
Meeting new people.Learning everyday challenge of customer's life.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 20, 2014
My day always consist of marketing,calling, customers,re calling paid out customer's and trying to find ways of ensuring customer had the most money as possible.I learned that customers really trust you with there information and you will learn to bond with the customers as if they are your family.Management always ensured that we as employees go above and beyond customers needs.The hardest part of the job was when you have a very long term customer whom you find out has passed away from an illness or sudden death.The most enjoyable part of the job was having a passion for what you do and love all of your customers as if they were your very own family.
Pros
bonus incentives, being recognized during managers meeting by upper management.
Cons
never knowing when to quit always over excelling in my job performance.
Always Money is a Great Place to Work
Internal Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALApril 9, 2015
I am new to the company and on-boarding has been great. Management here is comprised of a group of amazing, influential leaders. I love it!!!
Great people and company but disorganized
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Moonville, SCNovember 13, 2012
Always Money is a great company to work for, as far as collection jobs go. From what I've heard, there are a lot of competitors that will quickly fire an employee if they aren't operating the store within certain percentages, if they aren't "meeting their numbers". AM really works with its employees and doesn't fire lightly. The people I have seen go left because they, for all intents and purposes, fired themselves. One thing I do think merits attention, and the only real critique I have, is the lack of support from corporate. I feel that based on expectations, stores in SC aren't always given the tools necessary to accomplish those expectations. Namely I am thinking in terms of marketing supplies and the lack thereof. Or making changes in a piecemeal fashion: affecting some stores but not others, setting forth rules on documentation and then changing them... and then changing them again. In a nutshell: I think that before corporate implements any changes and new items, they need to decide exactly how they want that accompish it on the store level first.
Pros
great bonus system
Cons
haphazard changes from corporate
They don't care about their employees.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  SCSeptember 15, 2015
No job security- Job openings are posted on company website for nearly every store, even though offices are fully staffed.

Poor pay rate- Even though I have worked for the company for a substantial period of time, my pay has barely increased, even though I have obtained a Bachelors Degree since being hired and having to clean up the mess that previous employees created at my store. Also, advertised pay rates on their website are severely misleading. (Minimum advertised pay rate is much higher that what employees actually start out making.)

No Recognition for hard work- The only time I have been recognized for my store's great performance was at one of the annual manager's meetings, and although the owner of the company congratulated me, my own district manager didn't.

Under valued and over-worked.

Other employees are very two-faced. Many employees from other stores talk about each other, and create unwanted drama. (My best advise: go to work, do your job, and don't try to make friends.)

Lack of leadership- Many people come and go within the company and management. Policies often change on a daily basis and then change again soon after. (One district in SC went through 2 district managers in less than 6 months.)

When I started working with the company, I loved it. There was a lot of promise with the company. Now, it feels very divided and like no one really has your back, so to speak. Everyone is just looking out for themselves. If I felt more appreciated and valued (and properly paid), it would go a long way. However, that is not the case, and I am looking
  more... for employment elsewhere.  less
Pros
Steady paycheck.
Cons
Everything else.
Endless Earning potential
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Laurens, SCOctober 30, 2013
Set schedule with energetic company. Entrepreneur style atmosphere

2.9