Always Money Employee Reviews

Enjoyable place to work with a strong support team
Branch Manager/Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Biloxi, MSMay 2, 2017
A typical day at work would include loan origination, collection calls and daily paperwork.

Management is always there when you need them

Workplace culture is relaxed. Only 2 to 3 employees per location

Hardest part of the job would be collections

Most enjoyable part of the job is working with great co-workers and helping people when they are in a financial bind.
Pros
competitive pay, great benefits, feeling part of a team
Cons
communication from upper management lacks at times
Not at all what it seems
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaMarch 21, 2017
The company is more about who you know and who your friends are. They aren't fair to their employees and don't offer the advancement opportunities that they promote. They don't value their employees and getting any sort of bonus is almost unheard of. Their are CSR's that have been with the company 5+ years wanting to advance to management and have yet to be given the opportunity.
Pros
The kindest CEO
Cons
The rest of the staff
Just say No
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  AlabamaMarch 12, 2017
Constant changes to the way things are done, the office I trained at was a scene out of Mean Girls, they treat everyone as an enemy, store managers constantly on the phone with each other pot stirring and creating drama. Not worth the 13.00 an hr..... Upper management was oblivious....... Favoritism and a blind eye turned to incompetent employees...... Just pass on this train wreck.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Everything else
Good people to work with
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Greer, SC 29650January 26, 2017
Good Company to work with. Coworkers are very nice. It's a good working team, but not a very secured job because they closing offices. I have to leave because the company closed 11 offices.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Unsecured
Run!!! If I could have gave 0 stars I would have
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJanuary 24, 2017
Always Money sell you pipe dreams. The company promised me so much and made it seemed so family oriented. You don't get a raise and there is no 401k. You have to go out and "market" meaning putting flyers on cars. No days off but Sunday they just give you the major holiday that's it they black out days off where you can not take off. Corporate don't do nothing but make rules that doesn't make sense. Why not ask Managers in the store before setting rules. Thomas "Chris" Williams is the biggest jerk ever. Don't care if you have kids or not he wants you working rain sleet or snow. I sleep better knowing I'm not employed by Always Money. That whole company is going to fold within 5 years mark my words. They are a bunch of crooks.
Pros
Off on sundays
Cons
No raises, Marketing, Collection Calls, Unrealistic Rules, Everything
Job shut down
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Chester, SCJanuary 11, 2017
I was happy with my position at Always Money, but store closed due to company loss. Only was given a 30 day notice. I would have continued working there but due to the closing notice, only worked there through 30 days until store closed. Had no notice before then.
Good work days if you get paired up with someone your compatible with.
CSR (Former Employee) –  Florence, ALJanuary 10, 2017
This company only cares about money. They do not care about the customers or the employees. They prey on people who need financial help and expect you as an employee to perform collection tactics that sometimes go to the extreme. Working long hours making phone calls harassing customers.
Pros
Small office environment, great customers.
Cons
No raises, lack of respect from upper management, no sick pay/hours you have to build up pto to be sick
Uncertain future
Manager (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaJanuary 5, 2017
The most enjoyable part of working here was helping the customers. Work / life balance is good. However, Always Money faces an uncertain future in SC with the closing of many of its stores.
Very Bad Company
Floater (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCOctober 17, 2016
You are crazy if you go to work for this company. They will lie to your face to get you to do what they want. And then throw you out when you are not needed anymore. overall this is a horrible company to work for.
Pros
Cons
to many to list
Nothing But Liars
Former Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCJuly 16, 2016
You are only as good as your numbers! If you work in a community where the unemployment rate is high and the customers are unable to pay as they have to decide if they should pay a loan or pay their rent you better run! Corporate don't care anything about you or these customers they want their money. That's the main reason why they are shutting down the majority of their offices in SC. Don't go over 40 hours per work week or you will be in trouble. Employees find themselves editing their time to keep in compliance with this company. That's a reason why they have a complaint with the labor board ! They lie to keep you from getting unemployment and most times end up having to pay as in my case! If I had to do it over again, this company would not make my list! They make you sign a non compete so if you are terminated or leave, you can't work in that area for a year! Too stressful for the pay! After leaving this company I no longer have blood pressure problems! They have a few stores open in SC. But eventually all of them are going to fold!!
Pros
A job if you don't have one
Cons
Corporate and Upper Management Are Snakes

Want to know more about Always Money?

Ask a question
Not the best
CSR (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCMay 13, 2016
This company is not professional at all. They don't train you, it's like they are setting you up for failure. They are very rude to customers.
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Jasper, ALFebruary 2, 2016
There are pros and cons to every job. I have been here almost 6 years and love my job and love my customers. It's a full-time job with great insurance. Paid time off also. Sometimes the job can be stressful because of collections but overall this is a gravy job and good company who will reward good employees. You have to not be doing your job to not succeed here, they will take care of you as long as you take care of the customers and provide the customers need fully.
Pros
paid time off, awesome insurance plans
Cons
no 401k
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Cullman, ALNovember 11, 2015
I have been with the company 5 years and it has went through many changes but as an employee there the company is a good place to work. They are family owned and have a customer oriented atmosphere.
Productive and Fun work Enviornment
INTERN (Former Employee) –  Columbia, ScOctober 10, 2015
My over all experience with this company was great. As an intern I was able to learn and gain the knowledge needed to further my career.
there was a great overturn at this company
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALOctober 8, 2015
The bonus structure was really good. It was hard to keep a good staff. The turnover rate was strong. The goals that they set were unreachable at times
Pros
great training
Cons
no room for advancement
They don't care about their employees.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  SCSeptember 15, 2015
No job security- Job openings are posted on company website for nearly every store, even though offices are fully staffed.

Poor pay rate- Even though I have worked for the company for a substantial period of time, my pay has barely increased, even though I have obtained a Bachelors Degree since being hired and having to clean up the mess that previous employees created at my store. Also, advertised pay rates on their website are severely misleading. (Minimum advertised pay rate is much higher that what employees actually start out making.)

No Recognition for hard work- The only time I have been recognized for my store's great performance was at one of the annual manager's meetings, and although the owner of the company congratulated me, my own district manager didn't.

Under valued and over-worked.

Other employees are very two-faced. Many employees from other stores talk about each other, and create unwanted drama. (My best advise: go to work, do your job, and don't try to make friends.)

Lack of leadership- Many people come and go within the company and management. Policies often change on a daily basis and then change again soon after. (One district in SC went through 2 district managers in less than 6 months.)

When I started working with the company, I loved it. There was a lot of promise with the company. Now, it feels very divided and like no one really has your back, so to speak. Everyone is just looking out for themselves. If I felt more appreciated and valued (and properly paid), it would go a long way. However, that is not the case, and I am looking
  more... for employment elsewhere.  less
Pros
Steady paycheck.
Cons
Everything else.
Patronizing and psychotic
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaSeptember 6, 2015
Truthfully a disgusting group of patheticly minded individuals run the show from behind the curtain at the home office in AL. This company has no bonus opportunity, and WILL NOT reward or recognize talent. Infact here recently - Three managers from the district quit in the same week, then they have implemented a "non-compete agreement." The truth is, the company believes their staff to be a group of dumb unprofessional illiterates. No one has signed the non compete and the company is desperate to find the agreeable, weak-minded, co-dependant individuals who are okay with a less than mediocre lifestyle to work inside there branches. Everyone who has a brain, is on the way out.

Its sad because I used to love the company, the CEO was great, and unfortunately I discovered the truth. Don't worry, you take a position with them and you too will come to the same conculsion. Their entire district of 14 stores.. every employee wants out... dont do it.
Pros
Cons
Weak pay, micro management, no bonuses, no recognition, no 401k, no family health insurance, the corporate office is pathetic.
excellent members
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Phenix City, ALJuly 26, 2015
Loved the work environment and the members. Stayed busy working collections and processing loans as well as assisting members with their accounts.
Pros
members
Cons
hours
good company but there were constant changes of back and forth, wasnt the best at communicating the changes
CSR (Former Employee) –  West Union, SCJuly 26, 2015
Come in and balance my drawer, made collection calls, did markerting, and make more collection calls, When customers came in we would process their loans for approval and denial.
Pros
Working with the public, getting out of the office and meeting new people while marketing
Cons
Collection hours, away from my family alot, had to cancel plans with family to come in and work collection, I wasnt working to my full capacity
Productive and Fun Workplace
Manager (Current Employee) –  Opelika, ALJune 23, 2015
Great Work Enviroment and opportunity to market with local businesses. Always able to build customer relationships and help individuals during hard times.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Always Money. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9