Always Money

Always Money United States Employee Reviews

great company
Business Manager (Current Employee), Montgomery, ALMarch 26, 2015
I enjoyed working for the company. The work environment is very light when it comes to the customer service aspect of the job. When it comes to the business side of things the environment is very aggressive and driven. If you are looking for a money motivated commission based job this is the place for you.
Upper management are horrible!
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Decatur, ALJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: meeting and helping people
Cons: upper management was horrible
I was employed with this company for 4 yrs. I loved my job until things started to change at corporate. Once things started to change in corporate we was no longer a family felt company. Things changed so much, so frequently that you had no chance to adjust. In my district they fired my previous district manager without notice and and sent us a new District Manager who didn't know anything about the system we used. It was a horrible experience. Being away from the company has brought such much ease to my stress. This is a stressful job with a lot of requirements being asked of you. If you are not able to fulfill these requirements you will be dropped immediately. Regardless of the hard work you put into the company.
Reality Check
SLAVE (Current Employee), South CarolinaDecember 17, 2014
Cons: management
This is a company that is truly for itself. It is full of people who only care about themselves, but what we can't forget is the visitors from coporate who pretend to care about you. I understand that the point of a business is to make money, but once you lose sight of the people then you really have nothing.

A typical work day includes tasks that are usually not in your work description, which could include picking up the "boss'" mess. There is a lack of not only consistency, but compassion. A job is a job and this one pays not the best but it does pay.
Payday/Title loan companies are not all bad
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALNovember 13, 2014
Pros: 10% bonus of bottom line revenue, good benefits
Cons: no retirement plan or 401k
My experience at Always Money really taught me that customer service go along ways. The most effective marketing is word of mouth from your customers. I genuinely tried to help every customer with which ever product best served their needs. I generally tried to put myself in the role of the customer which allowed me to assist the customer in a beneficial way. I work with my co-workers to achieve to goals set fort in the company which assured we received a bonus. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting a very diverse group of people and sharing in their views on different topics. The least enjoyable was collections as some people take out loans with no intention of paying them back.
Corporate has turned the running over to people who don't care !
store manager (Former Employee), two different locationsSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: having a relationship with your customers and being able to help
Cons: not having a company that cares about you personally, only cares about themselves, no communication, no advancement impossible to make money.
not the same company it was..they turned everything over to corporate and they have no concerns or cares for their employes there is no communication anymore they have made it impossible to make money all they care about is putting money in their pockets I loved my job for 5 years for 2 yearsI have hated my job.they have let go of all of the seasoned managers and hire people that only want to make that dollar amount per hour.
Meeting new people.Learning everyday challenge of customer's life.
Store Manager (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALMarch 20, 2014
Pros: bonus incentives, being recognized during managers meeting by upper management.
Cons: never knowing when to quit always over excelling in my job performance.
My day always consist of marketing,calling, customers,re calling paid out customer's and trying to find ways of ensuring customer had the most money as possible.I learned that customers really trust you with there information and you will learn to bond with the customers as if they are your family.Management always ensured that we as employees go above and beyond customers needs.The hardest part of the job was when you have a very long term customer whom you find out has passed away from an illness or sudden death.The most enjoyable part of the job was having a passion for what you do and love all of your customers as if they were your very own family.
manager
Manager (Former Employee), mobile, alFebruary 3, 2014
Enjoyed job and customers. However, upper management made bad decisions.
Great compensation
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), AlabamaJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: workday started at 9
Cons: no training
A typical work day at this company would require hours of trying to get in touch with district manager and store manger was never at work. This company doesnt train you. They pretty much set you up to fail! My coworkers were mean to the customers and they customers complained daily about it. I wouldnt recomend this company to anyone.
Endless Earning potential
Branch Manager (Current Employee), Laurens, SCOctober 30, 2013
Set schedule with energetic company. Entrepreneur style atmosphere
Great people and company but disorganized
Store Manager (Current Employee), Moonville, SCNovember 13, 2012
Pros: great bonus system
Cons: haphazard changes from corporate
Always Money is a great company to work for, as far as collection jobs go. From what I've heard, there are a lot of competitors that will quickly fire an employee if they aren't operating the store within certain percentages, if they aren't "meeting their numbers". AM really works with its employees and doesn't fire lightly. The people I have seen go left because they, for all intents and purposes, fired themselves. One thing I do think merits attention, and the only real critique I have, is the lack of support from corporate. I feel that based on expectations, stores in SC aren't always given the tools necessary to accomplish those expectations. Namely I am thinking in terms of marketing supplies and the lack thereof. Or making changes in a piecemeal fashion: affecting some stores but not others, setting forth rules on documentation and then changing them... and then changing them again. In a nutshell: I think that before corporate implements any changes and new items, they need to decide exactly how they want that accompish it on the store level first.

About Always Money

Operating under the brand names The Quik Pawn Shop and Always Money, we are a privately-owned specialty financial services company – Read more

Always Money Salaries