The Alzheimer’s Association San Diego County Chapter is dedicated to assisting families affected by Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders. The Alzheimer’s Association is seeking a program coordinator that will hold primary responsibility of providing support to families, persons with dementia and the family services team. This individual will provide direct program administration service in the following areas:
Helpline Information and Referral Service: As an integral part of a team and with shared responsibility, manage the Association’s high volume helpline while providing information, assistance, support, and consistent and timely follow up, primarily by telephone and e-mail but occasionally by face-to-face contact in the office and in the community to caregivers, persons with memory impairment, and professionals. This includes general information and education about Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias, community and Association resources, care planning, crisis intervention, as well as emotional support.
Middle Stage Coordinator: Provide leadership in the organization, implementation, evaluation and growth of programs to support individuals who have been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease or a related disorder and are in the middle stages of the disease. This may include facilitate, maintain, evaluate and improve middle stage programs, assess program development and implement program expansion, partner with community organizations in the development of the program.
Support Group Facilitator: Serve as a facilitator or co-facilitator for Association support groups.
- MSW or related field (MSW, MA psychology/counseling, Master’s Gerontology)
- Experience with older adults, preferably dementia and caregiver issues
- Experience with group work - facilitating a support group and group meetings/trainings
- Spanish proficiency a plus
- Excellent computer skills
- Written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills required to represent the Chapter
- Proficiency with Google applications, G-mail, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel
Indeed - 7 months ago
To eliminate Alzheimer's disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected;...