Alzheimer's Association

Alzheimer's Association Employee Reviews

Amazing co-workers, great mission
Education & Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHOctober 14, 2016
Being flexible was key to working in the office. No two days were the same, but that was part of what I loved about my job and my co-workers. I was encouraged to learn new things and to strive to grow and develop. The people I worked with were passionate, caring, kind, dedicated, and intelligent. Because I was so very dedicated to the mission, having a limited budget and staffing made some days quite difficult. I loved every day that I worked for this organization, and still continue to volunteer.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
low salary
The Alzheimer's Association is an amazing company that I still contribute to each year.
Assistant Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 30, 2016
I worked at The Best Friend's Center providing therapeutic activities for clients and volunteers with Dementia. I coordinated with our team of volunteers to maintain a one to one ratio with clients and volunteers. I directly facilitated these activities three days per week. I maintained weekly contact to discuss clients' progress and problem solve any pertinent issues with client families. I provided detailed, timely documentation for all client and family interactions.
Pros
Free flowers each week
Cons
At the Center, staff do not get a break for 6 hours
Delaware Chapter
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  399 Market St, Philadelphia, PA 19181 first floorJune 7, 2016
Alzheimer's association is good place to work, everybody are pretty nice and they all try to help the people who have the Alzheimer's disease. And the events in more helpful to the those people. I hope that will be more people and sponsor can support us more, we will be walk to the end of the Alzheimer together.
not a lot of involvement form management
Web designer / Developer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 15, 2016
Wrote internal and external design specifications.

Involved in creating a comparison site from scratch.

Participated in brainstorming sessions to come up with wireframes.

Creating logos, banners and buttons for websites.
Pros
location
Cons
not a lot of involvement form management
Special Event Manager
Externship volunteer (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVApril 12, 2016
it was fun and productive and the staff was awesome. I worked on registering candidates and answering the phone; and also using the postage machine
A place that catered to families whose love ones' were diagnosed with Alzheimer's
Volunteer/ Daycare Program (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIOctober 20, 2015
The Association of Alzheimer's is a excellent establishment to work for it provides a safe haven for people suffering from the disease and brings comfort to their caregivers, along with resources that can make managing their lives and situation a lot easier.
Pros
free breakfast, lunch and activities for the clients
Cons
there are no cons to the services offered by the Alzheimer's Association
Positive work environment.
Social Media Coordinator - Contract (Current Employee) –  Redding, CAOctober 16, 2015
Fun and rewarding company to work for. You always feel appreciated and are encouraged to learn more and work up in the company. Management is balanced and always supportive. Fellow employees make it a true family environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the difference we make in the lives of the people we serve.
Great!
DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR/IT DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaOctober 4, 2015
Great non-profit employment opportunity! Employees and management are generous and kind. Fun work place and great atmosphere.
Pros
Cause
Cons
Sadness
Amazing opportunity to network within the Senior Care Community
Development Director (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 1, 2015
Fantastic job with great management. Opportunities to create partnerships, develop lasting relationships, and make a difference for the 5 million people living with Alzheimer's disease in the United States.
Pros
Plenty of PTO
Cons
Great place to work, compassionate colleagues who live the mission.
Outreach Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Prairie Village, KSSeptember 10, 2015
Great place to work with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but about personal growth and development. Engaging atmosphere and open to various perspectives.
Pros
Great way to link with the community
Cons
Some weekend work
Engaged in office management duties.
Outreach Assistant and Crisis Worker (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 24, 2015
Provided support, education and community resources to caregivers. Worked with the elderly; individuals, families and couples. Very fulfilling job, both personally and professionally. The most challenging part of the job was working with caregivers who experienced the loss of a loved one.
Great missiom but poor organizational management
Program manager, Helpline &Safety Services (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MAAugust 21, 2015
The local organization in Watertown is run as if it were still the start up non profit started by incredibly enthusiastic and determined people. For a long time there was no permanemt HR admin, so hiring and conflicts took forever to be addressed. Many wonderful people working there but unstructured environment which works well for some but not me.
Pros
Missio driven, very committed people
Cons
unstructured work environment
Volunteer
Event Planner (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 6, 2015
This is a volunteer effort, so ratings don't really apply to this. The company I worked for coordinates an organized effort prior to events that any branch can connect to and Alzheimer's Association makes it as seamless as possible.
Pros
Lots of fun.
Cons
It's tough getting everyone on board.
Passionate people, non profit challenges
Undisclosed (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 31, 2015
I had a very unique position within the Alz Assoc, so it is difficult to comment on my job type. However, on average, I think that this organization is well-run. The employees are, on average, fairly satisfied; the salaries are on par with other organizations of its size (non-profits), and the CEO is trying to keep up with the newer ways of functioning as a cohesive office. They are experimenting with more flexible work environments when possible (telecommuting, etc), and summer flex hours.
Anyone joining this organization needs to be aware that the management and office org may be changing in the coming months; (2015-2016), and that there is time on some weekends that must be worked (fundraising). There is also significant pressure to fundraise for the large events.
Great Experience
Internship (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 1, 2015
In a typical day I would interact with clients. I would observe clients and their behavior to see if there were signs of progression. I participated in various activities offered in the program. I also sat in on support groups for education purposes since I was there on an internship through school. It was hard to see the clients as they progressed in the disease; however, it was rewarding to spend my days with them. It was also a great experience because I was able to see first hand and put to use the knowledge I have learned over the last four years in college.
Excellent community agency, non profit experience
MSW Internship (Former Employee) –  Tucson,AZJune 10, 2015
Excellent area to build case management, group therapy, outreach and educational community seminar experience as a social work intern. Wonderful way to build community resource knowledge and connections.
Pros
Agency mission and employee support
The Best Job Ever
Statewide Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 9, 2015
This job was one of the best I have ever had.

I started as an assistant to the Vice President of Development and worked my way to Statewide Development Manager for the state of Georgia.

My co-workers, bosses, volunteers and donors were the best of the best.

Alzheimer's disease is practically an epidemic and people are starting to realize more and more how much the Alzheimer's Association is needed and for us to work together to help both those with the disease and those caring for them how to cope with all of the day to day, financial and long term issues from this disease.

I left this job when I moved from Georgia.

I am now a volunteer for my local chapter.
Pros
Wonderful, compassionate people, great healthcare, co-workers
I was a volunteer on the Helpline desk
Helpline Desk (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 8, 2015
I loved volunteering at the Denver chapter at Alzheimer's Association for 2 years. One day I hope to return. I had to leave due to personal reasons as my own Mother In law was getting worse with her own dementia. I learned so much. Each phone call was a different experience.
Pros
Being able to calm someone down and even get them to laugh.
Cons
People not willing to listen, People just wanting to vent, People not wanting to get educated, People not wanting to go to support groups.
Very good service to the community
Development Officer (Former Employee) –  Weld, Larimer, Morgan CountiesMay 26, 2015
The Alzheimer's Association provides amazing service to professionals, individuals, caregivers during this very endless journey. They strive to care for everyone while trying to find a cure for this awful disease. All their services are free of charge and supported by their fundraising efforts.
Pros
Helping those in need
Cons
lack of government support
good organization
Educator/ Instructor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles , CAMarch 24, 2015
Well organized nonprofit company that provides education and the latest researched to the public. They also provide support services to the care providers and family members.
Pros
Suoourt

4.2