Alzheimer's Association Employee Reviews

I loved working at the association.
Technical assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 7, 2017
Working at the association was beautiful. The people who work there are passionate about what they do, they care about the people with Alzheimer's as well as their caregivers, they compensate nicely and have good benefits.
Does not walk their talk
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 29, 2017
The Alz Assoc has been fundraising for a "cure" for more than four decades. After hundreds of millions of dollars (more than a billion?) in research for better treatment or a cure, they have nothing to show for it.

The leadership is muddled and the internal machinations (nationally) are cut throat and brutal.
Pros
None to speak of
Cons
Bad leadership from the top down
too stressful
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 25, 2017
Overworked, understaffed, lack of appreciation, have to put in PTO for half days, work weekends on top of 10+ hr days, lack of communication and support from management
I loved working here.
Program Aide (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYAugust 24, 2017
I really love this job. The only reason for living is because the day program closed. down. The participants were the best and he did a lot through the day to keep busy.
Overall great place to work
Director (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 24, 2017
Overall great place to work and wonderful benefits. Great cause and everyone is there focused on the mission. The organization is doing good work and growing.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Can be stressful
Great Place to be
OH - Intern/Day Center Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 10, 2017
The Alzheimer's Association is one of the best places to be if you want to work one on one with dementia patients and be a park of the community. The staff is amazing!
New Manager is much better!
Interim Regional Coordinator (Former Employee) –  MIAugust 8, 2017
There is a different manager there than when I worked there. The new one is great. The old one was put on Administrative Leave while an investigation was conducted...so I cannot give much of an accurate review here.
Alzheimers is a terrible disease
Latino Helpline Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 5, 2017
Working within this agency was very rewarding. Supervisor was very supportive of learning within the job. Working with families was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Summer Internship for a good-cause
Public Relations Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 4, 2017
Taking calls and answering emails. Light work-load for a great cause. No pay was the only downfall. data entry and low level tasks made this very boring but highly rewarding.
Pros
High moral rewards
Cons
No pay
Flexibility
Information Manager (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDJuly 25, 2017
Constantly learning something new. Loved working with everyone inside and outside of the office. Had to have patience with remote users who wanted something done right at that moment.
Great Place to Work
Finance Development Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 24, 2017
This is an organization where all the employees are very passionate about the work they do. It is a collaborative effort by all to achieve a common goal. They do outstanding walks and have $1M dollar walks two years in a row.
Pros
Everyone pitches in for all events.
Cons
Early days and long nights during walk season.
Alzheimer's Association
Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 13, 2017
The team at the association is extremely supportive, and the work that is being done felt very meaningful. While the work being done sometimes varied from extremely challenging to not stimulating at all, it seemed like every day you are given the opportunity to assist an individual or a family who is in need of assistance. Working with such a population of caregivers, family's of persons with dementia, and dementia patients themselves, could certainly become emotionally exhausting but the supportive team around alleviates this stress to the best of their ability. The ability to sit for long periods of time is essential.
Pros
meaningful work, supportive team, great company
Cons
sit for long durations, emotionally tiring
Wonderful environment to work in!
Master's Level Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 10, 2017
The Alzheimer's Association of KY/So IN provides a great atmosphere and awesome community environment. I enjoyed my time there and immediately felt part of the group!
Looking for a Cure!
Alzheimer's Association photographer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 29, 2017
Dedicated people who unite together to work towards a common goal. Their synergy creates an atmosphere promoting positivity. I had enjoyed myself every time that I worked with the Alheimer's Association.
fun and clean
Receptionist/Front Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 29, 2017
Relaxed, Goal Oriented, Great management staff. There was nothing hard about the job. Being there daily was enjoyable. Learned that most jobs are detailed oriented.
Nope
Helpline specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 28, 2017
Don't work in the contact center. Poor management and lack of communication. You will be overworked and accommodation will not be made. I like that calls but that is all.
Productive/ fun job environment with great coworkers
Support Group Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 23, 2017
I liked worked at the Alzheimer's Association very much. Everyone that works there is extremely caring and selfless. That are also very fun and humorous and the benefits are great.
Pros
appreciation, free lunches
Really Good
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 23, 2017
I love the team and the people ,
they made me feel very welcome , they even invite me to current events still , I love it here , and they have nice stuff
Very flexible
Development Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NY and CT ChaptersJune 7, 2017
Great place to work as they allowed you to do your work on your own schedule. They know during this age of technology employees never really stop working.
Cons
I had two sets of bosses
Bad management at the Chicago National office, No opportunities for advancement
Care Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 25, 2017
I answer calls on a helpline speaking with Caregivers and people who have Dementia. I like helping other's but the whole morale of the job have went down. When there are openings or new opportunities the selection process is not done fairly by management. Employees who have been with the organization long seem to not be treated fairly.
Pros
Love helping the people who call the helpline
Cons
Manager's are not on the same page, Micro Management is happening, No advancement opportunities