Alzheimer's Association

Alzheimer's Association Employer Reviews

Small no-profit
Care Coordinator (Current Employee), Rochester, NYJuly 13, 2014
Deliver programs and services to a nine county region. Work with individuals with the dementia diagnosis as well as caregivers.
Constant and demanding work load
Management (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJune 17, 2014
Typical day - catching up on emails, returning phone calls, meeting with upper management to go over weekly task, goals, and accomplishments
Learned - a lot about the disease and how to teach, listen and assist families members of those with the disease
Management - Places unobtainable goals upon employees and demands last minute requests that cannot – more... be met
Hardest part - Poor management
Most enjoyable - Helping families and helpful, bright, and caring coworkers – less
Great place to spread your wings and test your skills to the limit.
Regional Development Director (Current Employee), Augusta, GAMay 15, 2014
Pros: professionally challenging - no two days are ever alike.
Cons: working long days - self inflicted!
I am extremely passionate about this cause. For me, this is not only about about raising money to continue the great work we do, but it's about educating our community about WHY it is so important to be a part of this movement. It's extremely satisfying when families are helped every day by the services and education programs we offer FREE. The most – more... difficult part for me is clocking out at the end of the day. That's hard for me. – less
A Productive Day at the Alzheimer's Association
Internship at the Alzheimer's Association (Former Employee), Dayton, OHMay 10, 2014
I make follow up calls to caregivers on a daily basis. The objective is to make sure the caregivers needs are being met. If needs aren't being met, it's my responsibility to connect the caregiver to the right resource. I have learned how to write case notes accurately. I have learned that it's okay to not know everything and to ask staff members questions – more... if I don't know the answers. I also learned that if I am validating with clients emotional needs, it helps them get emotional stress off their chest and it helps them have better days. I work in a positive atmosphere full of hard working and passionate people who want to help caregivers and people living with dementia. The hardest part of the job is hearing the struggles that the families go through on a daily basis and hearing the stress it has on a caregiver taking care of a loved one who has dementia. The most enjoyable part of the day is hearing from the client that they appreciated the call and that I have helped them on that particular day. I also am in the process of getting trained how to facilitate support groups and I am getting trained how to do consultations with family members. – less
The Alzheimer's Association mission for research and to educate the families afflicted with the disease is invaluable.
Family Care Consultant (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 27, 2014
Providing direct care to those afflicted with the disease and their families has been an amazing and personally rewarding experience.

Reaching out to underserved communities is very important, because it is they, who appear to be most at risk.
Support
Volunteer (Current Employee), Iron River, WIMarch 30, 2014
Raise money to help find a cure. Support group officiate, assist patients in the home with respite care or ADL"s. Alzheimer's walk team leader
Internship only
Intern (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 27, 2014
I was only an intern here and I didn't get a chance to learn much about the company.
Organization does great work and helps caregivers cope with the devastation of Alzheimer's disease
Associate Director of Marketing Communications (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: pays well
Cons: high stress environment; poor management
Had three presidents and three bosses in two years.

High turn-over
Intern
Intern (Former Employee), chicago ILJanuary 7, 2014
Not an ideal place for interns. Company policy states no letters of recommendations can be written for interns or no formal review process for interns.
Best Donors
Associate Director of Planned Gifts (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 6, 2014
Working iwth donors at ALZ was the best experience I have ever had. Donors really cared about the cause.
Great place to work at.
Intern (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 2, 2014
It is great to go out to communities and educate minorities about Alzheimer's and ways you could lower your risks.
ALZ
IT Specialist (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 30, 2013
Great Place To Work.
All Of Management Are Great.
Co-Workers Are Very Helpful And Together
Not a good place to work
Constituent Events Manager (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PADecember 3, 2013
Pros: 7.5 hour work day, nice location, free parking
Cons: no direction by leadership, expected to work lots of hours
Lots of expectations with little direction by leadership. On my first day my boss spent approximately 1 hour with me. In the little time I was there she spent an additional 3 hours with me. I was provided with no training the entire time I was there. The office was filled with unhappy people because of the way they are treated.
You'll Get to Meet People with Alzheimer's
Volunteer (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALOctober 15, 2013
An interesting place to volunteer because the people are friendly and show sensitivity towards their volunteer workers.
Internship
Intern (Current Employee), Amarillo, TXOctober 6, 2013
I am currently Interning at the Alzheimer's Association. I am assisting the Area Director with all of her duties she is responsible for on a daily basis. I have already completed two annual walks with the association and have gained valuable resources for my future career.
Very productive yet everyone enjoys lunch together for nice break
Family Care Specialist (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAOctober 1, 2013
Pros: wonderful environment
Cons: too far to commute
Excellent place to work - the management listens and - a typical day is getting your work done and working with others to make sure everyone is on the same page. Co -workers were excellent especially as a new employee. Hardest part was the commute, the most enjoyable was that everyone had the same vision.
If was fulfilling to help caregivers that are in need of resources.
Volunteer Manager/Data Entry Coordinator (Former Employee), Winter Haven, FLSeptember 20, 2013
I enjoyed speaking with people over the phone and in person to find a way to enhance their living. Running support groups for caregivers is very rewarding.
Being able to help people who experience Alzheimer's disease in their family
Northeast Michigan Regional Director (Former Employee), Alpena, MISeptember 14, 2013
Pros: working with caregivers, and families, providing valuable information, organizing memory walks to raise money, and also provide public appearances, that the alzheimer's association was active in their communities.
Cons: talking with caregivers, who were at the end of the line, and was desperate, seeing the pain in families faces, and working at the agency, when my grandmother passed away from complications from alzheimer's disease.
I managed all aspect of the office. I would meet with families and discuss options they had. Helped teach valuable information about Alzheimer's information, taught a support group, wrote grants to help pay for respite services for caregivers and managed office staff. Since my grandmother had Alzheimer's, I was able to identify what they were going – more... through and was able to share my coping skill and hopefully was helpful for them – less
Great Place to work, Management needs complete overhaul!
Senior Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 23, 2013
Pros: good benefits, vacation time.
Cons: lack of training for management, managers not held accountable.
Worked for over 5 years for this organization. It talks a good game but when it comes to actually following through, it stinks. Unless you have a loved one currently battling Alzheimer's their benefits and culture for other family concerns are very poor.

Poor leadership at the Middle Management leads to turnover and staff who feel unsupported or appreciated. – more... The Upper management are so out of touch with the employees things happen and they don't have anyone's backs. They are more concerned with their TV time than their staff time.

Do not take too much time off even though they give you 5 weeks otherwise they will hold it against you. – less
The Alzheimer's Association has a noble vision to create a world without Alzheimer's
Physicians and Family Specialist (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAAugust 22, 2013
Pros: flexible work schedule
I have worked for the Alzheimer's Association of Northern California and Northern Nevada for 9 years as a Physicians and Family Specialist and Latino Outreach Specialist. The association is a fun place to work. Working with the clients and families impacted by Alzheimer's if very rewarding

1 2 3