Alzheimer's Employee Reviews in United States

fun
Special Eveny Manager (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVApril 28, 2016
it was fun and busy , the coworkers were nice they were helpful and patient and i really enjoyed being with them and putting together walk s and stuff.
Enjoyable
Regional Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAApril 25, 2016
I learned so much about the disease and how to help the care givers. I enjoyed the interaction with the board of directors and the events we provided for fund raising and education.
Wonderful people with an important mission of a world with Alzheimer's.
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 31, 2016
I have never worked at a place with people more focused on the mission and that were as kind and decent as they are. They are fighting a disease that needs to be defeated.
Great workplace offering opportunity to learn
Communication PR Intern (Current Employee) –  Southington, CTJanuary 22, 2016
I normally go in and talk to my supervisor to see what she has for me to do for the day. That can range from emailing companies to get quotes or information in general to having things mailed out. The day depends upon the work given. I have learned more about word and excel considering I am using it on a much more regular basis. The management is good. My boss is welcoming and helps me when needed as well as the co-workers. It is a friendly environment where everyone is willing to help one another. The hardest part of the job is sometimes not having any assignments to complete so it makes the work day rather unproductive. I really enjoy communicated with not only those I work with but those from other companies and when I get work completed, I feel accomplished and successful.
Workplace
PERSONAL/COMPANION AIDE (CAREGIVER) (Current Employee) –  charlottesvilleSeptember 23, 2015
I learned a lot here. Companion and Personal care of elderly. It is a good company to work for. They are very flexible and work with any schedule
Pros
pay
Cons
hours
They can't manage their money
Communications Director (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILSeptember 21, 2015
An audit is required of this chapter. The term "flexible financing" in a non profit usually means someone is going to jail.
Pros
location
Cons
a small office that creates its own drama
Life Changing Experience
Homecare Sitter (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCAugust 20, 2015
I loved my job. I became very attached to my patient. The hardest part of my job was having to physically left and pick up my patient, and feeding her. My overall experience, was very fun and a very maturing environment.
Pros
Relaxed Environment
Cons
Minimum wage pay, Long Hours
good teamwork
Silverado Senior Living (Former Employee) –  newport mesa caMay 20, 2015
Amazing place to work, cared for employees, learned so much about how to treat patients with severe dementia. was great to be in a family atmosphere everyday.
Technical Assistant, Public Relations (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 23, 2015
Everyone was passionate about supporting such a worthy cause. Good employee benefits, great work balance. Great place to work.
Fulfilling and loving atmosphere for families
Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Cortland, NYApril 24, 2014
Difficult to see the outcome of this work and the loss some of the families experience.
Atria's Life Guidance unit was a secure friendly "home" for people suffering from Aklzheimer's/Dementia
Dementia Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  Kew Gardens, NYApril 16, 2014
Although I felt that Atria's Life Guidance unit provided the residents who were suffering with Alzheimers/Dementia a safe home to reside in, Atria's management had the me fighting for the needs of the residents constantly. I had the responsibility of making sure all of their needs were met. The staff treated the residents like family, and took really great care of the residents.
Pros
very pretty place to work
Cons
long unappreciated hours!!!
Amazing place to work
MSW Intern (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 13, 2014
This place has so much to offer. The people are great to work with and you get to make a difference every day you come into work. I always feel needed when I come. The staff is small but they are passionate about improving the lives of people with Alzheimer's disease and their caregivers.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
n/a
private work
Senior Home Care (Former Employee) –  Lexington, MADecember 18, 2013
Taking care of a man with advanced stages of Alzheimer's. All personal care including bathing, shaving, administering vitamin B shots.
24 hours of taking care of my mother
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  columbus ohio 43204October 10, 2013
I was home taking care of my mother, she has now passed. my job consisted of 24 hour care for her.
Great goals.
DCR (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 3, 2013
Sunrise Senior Living has a great background but with the tank in the economy, most families could not afford that cost any longer.
Wonderful place to start and end your career
Outreach and Advocacy Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 3, 2013
Every day you get to come into a great environment, where everything you do matters to the people you serve, and you're trusted by management who cares. With that being said, it is a small organization, with not a lot of upward mobility once you get to a certain level. Experience is great, with many responsibilities, compensation is what you'd expect from a non-profit. Wonderful way to start a career and get experience. Great way to prepare for retirement in the twilight of your career.
Pros
great treatment, wonderful people, lots of responsibilities
Cons
advancement and compensation
Good place to work, but no real chance for advancement
CFO/FINANCE DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIApril 25, 2013
I have had a good experience working here over the past several years, otherwise I would not be here. I am looking for a change and something different at this point in my life. I am a very competent accounting and financial person.
Pros
flexible work schedule, good co-workers
Cons
no room to grow, no salary increases for several years, most economic benefits taken away
Productive and a nice place to work
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Bowdon, GAApril 17, 2013
I realy enjoy working with the demintia/Alzheimer's patients and al the residents in the Assisted Living Home. I have learned great deal while working at ML, all of the co-workers seem to get along well but the management could use some improvement. There are several things that I dont agree with. I think the residents needs should come before anything. They have a big turnover because they do not stand upon there word with giving raises and different things. The hardest part of the job is not having enough staff to help cover all that needs to be done, I truly enjoy working and spending a specific time with each resident to take care of each ones needs instead of just letting a few slide through the cracks. Each one should be taken care of the same.
Pros
short breaks
Cons
not giving raises, we have to pay for our own food. they do not offer insurance
n/a
RN (Current Employee) –  DelawareApril 12, 2013
none. I currently work here and enjoy it. 28 bed Alzheimer's unit.
Worked from home
Jack of all trades (Former Employee) –  Franklinton, NCApril 1, 2013
I was a caregiver for my mother-in-law (Alzheimer's)
Also did bookkeeping for Brown Law Office
Also did some free lance computer work for A-1 Waste Removal Company
Pros
the bookkeeper and computer jobs were fun
Cons
the caregiver part was the most challenging

4.3