Alzheimer's Employee Reviews

Did it for family
Caregiver for relative (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIJanuary 7, 2017
I took care of my grandmother, who is suffering from Alzheimers. It started off easy, but, after a few years, her ability to do simple tasks had deteriorated until she was unable to do much on her own. She eventually was moved into a Nursing Home, where they were better equipped to handle people like her.
This is not a place i worked
Career Advisor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MODecember 23, 2016
This was a mistake they took off of my resume. I was a career advisor wouldn't recommend working there it wasn't very much of a good environment to work.
Stay at home parent and caregiver to parent during this time period.
MOM, Daughter (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 2, 2016
As good as it could be. I greatly missed the satisfaction, productivity and confidence of personally working for and employer during this time.
Daily tasks
Internship (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXSeptember 27, 2016
What I learned how to manage a office without having a mentor around me. Some of my daily tasks include emailing about events and setting up events, making phone calls, hosting events.
Pros
meeting other nonprofits in the area.
Cons
Not having a mentor
Fast paced environment
Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 31, 2016
Great resource database and support from National office.
Days are challenging with multiple tasks enforcing time management skills and self commitment, great professional lessons.
Supportive and Professional Environment
Program Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYMay 19, 2016
The Alzheimer's Association, Hudson Valley Chapter is a wonderfully supportive and professional environment with dedicated staff passionate about the Agency's Mission; TO END ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE. The Agency is well perceived within the seven county area that it provides service to and enhances the lives of patients and caregivers alike.
Pros
Interactive staff
Cons
High stress resulting from the desire to assist people coping with A.D.
Very busy and fun workplace
Internship (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNApril 29, 2016
I was just an intern but, I loved working at the Alzheimer's Association. It was so much fun and rewarding to be able to help the community for a good cause.
fun
Special Eveny Manager (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVApril 28, 2016
it was fun and busy , the coworkers were nice they were helpful and patient and i really enjoyed being with them and putting together walk s and stuff.
Enjoyable
Regional Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAApril 25, 2016
I learned so much about the disease and how to help the care givers. I enjoyed the interaction with the board of directors and the events we provided for fund raising and education.
Wonderful people with an important mission of a world with Alzheimer's.
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 31, 2016
I have never worked at a place with people more focused on the mission and that were as kind and decent as they are. They are fighting a disease that needs to be defeated.

Want to know more about Alzheimer's?

Ask a question
Great workplace offering opportunity to learn
Communication PR Intern (Current Employee) –  Southington, CTJanuary 22, 2016
I normally go in and talk to my supervisor to see what she has for me to do for the day. That can range from emailing companies to get quotes or information in general to having things mailed out. The day depends upon the work given. I have learned more about word and excel considering I am using it on a much more regular basis. The management is good. My boss is welcoming and helps me when needed as well as the co-workers. It is a friendly environment where everyone is willing to help one another. The hardest part of the job is sometimes not having any assignments to complete so it makes the work day rather unproductive. I really enjoy communicated with not only those I work with but those from other companies and when I get work completed, I feel accomplished and successful.
Workplace
PERSONAL/COMPANION AIDE (CAREGIVER) (Current Employee) –  charlottesvilleSeptember 23, 2015
I learned a lot here. Companion and Personal care of elderly. It is a good company to work for. They are very flexible and work with any schedule
Pros
pay
Cons
hours
They can't manage their money
Communications Director (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILSeptember 21, 2015
An audit is required of this chapter. The term "flexible financing" in a non profit usually means someone is going to jail.
Pros
location
Cons
a small office that creates its own drama
Life Changing Experience
Homecare Sitter (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCAugust 20, 2015
I loved my job. I became very attached to my patient. The hardest part of my job was having to physically left and pick up my patient, and feeding her. My overall experience, was very fun and a very maturing environment.
Pros
Relaxed Environment
Cons
Minimum wage pay, Long Hours
good teamwork
Silverado Senior Living (Former Employee) –  newport mesa caMay 20, 2015
Amazing place to work, cared for employees, learned so much about how to treat patients with severe dementia. was great to be in a family atmosphere everyday.
Technical Assistant, Public Relations (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 23, 2015
Everyone was passionate about supporting such a worthy cause. Good employee benefits, great work balance. Great place to work.
Fulfilling and loving atmosphere for families
Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Cortland, NYApril 24, 2014
Difficult to see the outcome of this work and the loss some of the families experience.
Atria's Life Guidance unit was a secure friendly "home" for people suffering from Aklzheimer's/Dementia
Dementia Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  Kew Gardens, NYApril 16, 2014
Although I felt that Atria's Life Guidance unit provided the residents who were suffering with Alzheimers/Dementia a safe home to reside in, Atria's management had the me fighting for the needs of the residents constantly. I had the responsibility of making sure all of their needs were met. The staff treated the residents like family, and took really great care of the residents.
Pros
Very pretty place to work
Cons
Long unappreciated hours!!!
Amazing place to work
MSW Intern (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 13, 2014
This place has so much to offer. The people are great to work with and you get to make a difference every day you come into work. I always feel needed when I come. The staff is small but they are passionate about improving the lives of people with Alzheimer's disease and their caregivers.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
N/A
private work
Senior Home Care (Former Employee) –  Lexington, MADecember 18, 2013
Taking care of a man with advanced stages of Alzheimer's. All personal care including bathing, shaving, administering vitamin B shots.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alzheimer's. Our community is ready to answer.