AM COMMUNICATIONS

AM COMMUNICATIONS Employee Reviews

not worth your time
cable. technican (Current Employee), Suffolk, VAMay 11, 2015
Pros: take your truck home . fuel card
Cons: they say they paid you 12 $ a hr based on point. BASICALY. YOU GWT PAUD MINIMUM WAGES
I started this company in NOV. They promised 800 a week once you got " faster". Since NOV I've busted my but worked 6 to 7 days a week no time with ym family. For MIN wages at 7.25 so 60 hrs a week after taxes and insurance I get barley 300 take home.

Listen people. People at McDonald's or bk make more
They don't care about anything but numbers.
get a work truck to take home.
Technician (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: take truck home with a 25 dollar
more then 60 hr a wk,you have to buy your own tools,work 6 days a wk not a fun job.hard work and they don't care for family time.
terrible job would not reccomend
supervisor (Current Employee), paintsville kyJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: freedom of the open road
Cons: too many to list. poor balance of work and family life
Terrible companyy to work for. Every tech in my area is looking for another job. We are stuck here for now!!
Most expensive job I have ever had! You are required to supply about 500$ of your own tools. 25$ a week comes out of your check for your truck. I have worked in cable for several years now and This is the worse company I have worked for. You are paid per job and you have to fight for every penny, they will cheat you out of anything they can. I was promised the world when I was hired but have since been treated like dirt. Your pay stub does not honestly reflect how you are paid its converted to an hourly average. In house techs are your worse enemy!!
Very fun its time comsuming but I loved it.
Installation Technician (Former Employee), Columbus, OHDecember 20, 2014
Pros: meeting new people with all kinds of wonderful and differnt personalities.
Cons: mangament is very iffy.
Typical cable installation job usually handle 4-12 jobs a day going all over the city usually is fun and you learn something new everyday.
Horrible Company
Field Technician (Current Employee), Lexington, KYOctober 17, 2014
Cons: no breaks, bad pay, horrible hours
This company will promise you bonuses, trainer pay and all sorts of things and will never follow through with it. They will work you 80 hours a week and you will bring home minimum wage a lot of the time yes you can make more but this company tries to ruin it for you!
No Work Availible
Instillation Technician (Former Employee), Madison Heights, MIApril 28, 2014
Pros: great skill to know
Cons: no work availble
Well With this job I began With a 3 week training course That I completed and obtained a Certificate, From their I Thought that I would Go Straight into work but unfortunately I Got Laid-off with a few others Who completed their training. I Never Got the Chance to work and I Waited my time Going to a three week training Course.
Hard Work Pays Off
Cable Technician (Current Employee), Logan WVApril 25, 2014
Pros: good pay, work truck, fuel card
Cons: long hours, lack of communcation
I started with AM Communications back in December 2013. I struggled for a few months wondering why I was putting up with all the crazy hours and annoying phone calls about not doing things up to standards. I finally caught on to things and am now making what they promised I would. (800 a week).
The other negative reviews are NOT lying about AM Communications!!!
Cable Installation Technician (Former Employee), Charleston, WVMarch 7, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: dishonesty, hypocrisy, greed, and harshness!
It is better to learn from other people's mistakes than your own mistakes, so do not waste your precious time with these con-artists! If you want to be hard-headed like I was, then go to the interview and find out for yourself. The training is only $8.50 an hour and they'll tell you that the reason why the training pay is so low, is because they do not want you to think that this is just some job, that it's a career! Lol... Yeah right!!! There are many entry-level jobs that will start you out at $11.00 an hour during training, but $8.50 an hour??? So do not believe their lame excuse about why they start you out so low at $8.50 an hour during training. Nor believe their lie that after your first five weeks of training you can make upwards from $32,000 - $50,000 your first year, it's just not true! They have to find some way to try and sugar-coat the truth from you right? Otherwise they would never be able to find any employees that they can sucker to come and work for them, it's that simple! And no employees means no business! They will also tell you that the reason why they are hiring so much is because AM Communications is expanding. Wrong!!! They're hiring so much because their former employees have rightfully quit on AM Communications so that they can go work for more reputable cable companies that will actually pay them fairly! Do not forget that AM Communications is just a "contractor" that solely depends on major cable companies for work!!! Also, if you have a misdemeanor battery charge that is more than seven years old, they will not even hire you. I can understand any – more... kind of sexual charge, or any real extreme violent crime like felony assault, but a simple misdemeanor battery charge more than seven years old should not even be an issue, since you have many Fortune 500 companies that only ask if you've ever been convicted of any misdemeanors in the last five years, and any felonies in the last seven years, that's it! So even though AM Communications criminal background policy is no misdemeanors in the last three years, no felonies in the last seven years, and no sexual crime of any kind ever in a lifetime; yet they also add this one, "no violent crime of any kind, (EVER IN A LIFETIME)" and it doesn't even matter if it's just a simple misdemeanor battery charge! So not only is AM Communications starting pay of $8.50 an hour harsh, but their criminal background policy is just as harsh! However, if your criminal background does disqualify you from being hired by AM Communications, you better thank their harsh criminal background policy and your criminal past! Lol... Because your criminal background just saved you from an unethical-greedy company that only wants to pay you as low as possible, while demanding long inhumane hours from you just so that they can profit off of you, while in return you aren't profiting nothing!!! So be wise and do what AM Communications does not want you to do, which is to do your own research on them instead of just believing their lies, because AM Communications CANNOT run or hide from whistleblowers that expose the truth about them out on the web, and that report them to the Better Business Bureau!!! Also during the interview, if you hear the interviewer from AM Communications say that he used to work at a place that paid him $250,000 a year and he quit that job just to come back to cable because he said he didn't like to sit in the office all day and missed working for the cable industry... You know right there he's just trying to swindle you! Because who leaves an office job that pays you $250,000 a year for the cable industry that doesn't pay you nothing near that amount? I'll tell you who, someone who just wants to deceive you so that they can slave-drive you and make money off of you while paying you little!!! – less
very customer driver work place
LEAD WAREHOUSE Technician/Management Support Staff (Former Employee), madison ghts mi ,48071March 3, 2014
i find this to be a step up from most contracting cable workplaces they seem to actually care about their employees
Good job with good pay
Cable Technician (Current Employee), Columbus, OHFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: pay, company truck, gas card, benefits, good training program
Cons: working outdoors, sometimes jobs take longer than expected
I've worked for two different cable contracting companies and prefer AM Communications by far.

It's a stable job with good pay and plenty of work. It's cable installation, so sure, there are evening and weekend hours, because that's when customers are home. I have a family to support so I'll take all the overtime I can get.

And sometimes it is cold, hot or wet working outdoors, but I get a company truck to drive and get to work independently throughout the day. I don't usually need help, but the managers and other technicians are there if I need them. I've also had the chance to train new employees and to travel to other cities to work when I wanted to.
No Need To Apply Here
Supervisor (Former Employee), Lexington, KYFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
I've been in the industry for many years and this is by far the worst company I've ever come across. Local management is fantastic but the higher-ups are micro-managing, greedy, and out of touch with their technicians and support staff. They offer little help to improve technician's work hours or to allow the office to run more efficiently. The blame is put on to the MSO when they're not the problem (most of the time). No technician stays more than a few months and very few trainees ever get out of training and try to create any sort of tenure with the company. It's a joke. The company claims to have a wonderful culture within, but it just isn't there. It's not even close. You will hate it. Stay far away. All you will ever do is work and get yelled at. Period.
a whole bunch of strenouis work
Cable Technician (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: good money if you're willing to work 80-95 hrs a week
Cons: you will have no life except work work work!.. that's not a life!
man o man this guys dont care that you have a life to live or a family to go home to i worked from 7am till 11pm on a DAILY BASIS 6 DAYS A WEEK IT COULDVE RAINED ALL DAY THEY DIDNT CARE AS LONG AS THE JOB GOT DONE BELOW 0 DEGREES THEY DIDNT CARE THEY STILL EXPECTED YOU TO WORK OUTSIDE ALL DAY WOULDNT REFFER TO ONE TO THESE GUYS AND LIKE TO LIE TO MAKE THERE SELVES LOOK GOOD
Interesting workplace
Operations Administrator (Current Employee), Madison Heights, MIDecember 28, 2013
Good management team and nice co-workers. We have a lot of fun while getting the job done.
I wish I could say that the other reviews are wrong, but they're not.
Installation Technician (Former Employee), Columbus, OHDecember 12, 2013
Pros: company vehicle.. saved money on gas, experience
Cons: long hours... 6 days a week. low pay.
I wish I could say that the other reviews are wrong, but they're not. Notice that most of the locations are different, but the experiences are the same.

I worked for AM for a little over a year. The company was unorganized and did not take care of their employees. I never had any issues with getting a paycheck, but the pay was always low. On average a work day was 12 hours or more and management usually did not answer the phone or return calls after 5pm. The work week was 6 days a week. I usually worked 60-70 hours in the week. This schedule does not leave time for a life outside of work.

The only good thing that came out of this job was the experience gained. Training is provided, but the training was a joke. The experience came from the sink or swim atmosphere. Most technicians sink fast. Notice that a few of the other reviews did not work longer than a couple months.

Training is only $8/hr and you are limited to 40/wk(the last time you get anywhere close to that number).

Only a few specialty tools are provided. The technician must pay hundreds out of pocket for tools/boots.

When I was there company uniforms were payroll deducted.

I would work a minimum wage job before working for this Company again. The pay is about the same, but with less headaches.
Consider the job as training.
Tech (Former Employee), DaytonNovember 20, 2013
Pros: it's a doorway into cable.
Cons: management, hours, pay
Work at your own risk: this company will open the doorway into a career and they will provide the vehicle necessary for the job. However management does not support staff, they do not want you to have a life outside of work, and when your doing well making the company thousands you get a good morning as opposed to when you make a mistake you receive verbal condescension in front of peers. Supervisors will tell you to do things to get a job complete that is against the contract holders policies to keep a steady flow of production, knowing that it will hurt your personal reputation with these larger company's and the customers. Basically the management staff is effective on paper at the cost of its employees and the company's owners really need to take a look at what's going on in the field or at the office more than twice a year if they value keeping a quality staff. I will say this however, there is definitely work to be had and overtime with the company if you don't mind making minimum wage or if you don't have a family/personal goals. Really the only enjoyable/tolerable part of the job is the loyal/hardworking employees you will be with in the field and the customers who will really appreciate your ability to meet and exceed standards.
horrible company only cares about the bottom line
technician (Current Employee), middleburg htsMarch 27, 2013
Pros: its a job
Cons: just about everything
Am communications is a horrible employer. if you want to work 65-75 hours a week, not see your family and make minimum wage then its right for you. They use an efficency style pay that keeps all the money within the company. They constantly go back on their word and write you up for everything now a days. Just installed gps tracking units in their trucks to reduce the cost of fuel yet the management and supervisors are exempt from this. average check for working is 390-460 a week after taxes for 65-75 hours. Charge you $25 a week to take the truck home. I would not reccommend this job to my worst enemy.
Work at own risk
installation tech (Former Employee), daytonJuly 7, 2012
Pros: vehicle provided
Cons: extremely long hours
Maybe just my expierence but I worked there for a month and never recieved a paycheck. Also the hours guaranteed too me were not the hours I got. Management is a little sketchy. The do have a very big contract with time warner but and the pay is par for the course. One good thing is they provide vehicles to drive. The way the company is run though is very sketchy to say the least. Another fact is they bombard you with work late in the afternoon.
Beware
installation tech (Former Employee), daytonJuly 6, 2012
Pros: not a 1099 position
Cons: long hours no family time
The company does not go off there word. Make sure when you hire in whatever they tell you is in writing. I worked there for 4 weeks and never got a paycheck. Excuse after excuse. The job is cable, if you done it before its no different. Co workers seemed to help ya out if need be but mainly you were on your own. This company sounds good on paper, and they do have alot of work to do in the area, but beware they say one thing and do another.
They only cared about getting the job done at any cost.
Cable Installation Supervisor (Former Employee), Middleburg Heights, OHApril 30, 2012
A typical day started at 6am and end around 10pm 6 days a week.
I learned that you need to get everything someone offers you for a job in writing. I had a feild operations supervisor directly over me and a operations manager that over seen the office. Both of wich were very good at telling you what you wanted to hear but never followed thruogh with it. The other 2 supervisors were great we worked very well together and was able to acomplish some great goals.The hardest part of the job was working 16hrs a day 6 days a week. It takes a huge toll on the family. The most enjoyable part was helping train the techs and watching them achive there goals.
good management and great workers but hands tied by upper management
Field Technician (Current Employee), Brooklyn, OHMarch 25, 2012
Pros: job security and good workers
Cons: no life out side of work...long hours low pay
The company has good workers and management standards. But there us no life outside of work and very long hours. The workers are pushed to the limit mentally and physically in goods ways and bad, but more bad than good. If the hours and the uncontrollable aspects with bad equipment was cut down it would new a decent place to work

About AM COMMUNICATIONS

AM Communication Services (AMCS) has been providing structured cabling solutions since 1995. AMCS was previously known as – Read more

AM COMMUNICATIONS Salaries