Manager of Sox Compliance
Corporate Internal Audit is looking for a high performance individual to join our team as Manager of Sox Compliance. This position will be responsible for management of all aspects of the Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance Program. The Manager of Sox Compliance will be actively involved in the evaluation of relevant organizational activities to conclude on the adequacy of the company's internal controls over operational & financial reporting.
The Manager of Sox Compliance will report to the Chief Audit Executive and includes direct management of staff level personnel.
Job Location: Cleveland, OH (downtown)
- Lead the Sox program to best in class status. This includes identifying and implementing best practices, creating a program flexible to the changing business needs of the organization, instituting a high performance culture, identifying and correcting control weaknesses corporate-wide.
- Manage, develop and motivate staff in order to achieve objectives and deliver value-added results timely.
- Assist in the coordination and management of activities associated with our external auditors in their completion of the attestation of our internal control environment, and other control matters.
- Set priorities and develop solutions to resolve control gaps identified as issues during audits over operational and financial reporting (internal, external, regulatory).
- Assist in the development and implementation of continuous monitoring efforts through entity-level controls and data analytics to create testing efficiency, enhance fraud detection, and minimize operational loss.
- Work with the Account Certification process as necessary.
- Support the business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Applying knowledge of internal control concepts and experience with planning, performing, managing and reporting on the evaluation of various business processes and functions.
- Timely and effective communication with management at all times.
- Remediate on all control deficiencies to ensure that proper mitigating controls have been implemented and are effective.
- Assist the Director of Internal Audit with management’s Risk Control Self Assessments (RCSAs) as necessary.
- Assist with the implementation and testing of SSAE16 controls on behalf of management.
Professional Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in accounting or finance, and five plus years of public accounting and/or public industry experience.
- Comprehension of internal auditing standards, generally accepted accounting principles, Sarbanes-Oxley requirements, COSO and risk-assessment practices.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, SharePoint, etc…), Oracle, AS400, WINS, ImageRight and GRC platform experience.
- CPA, CIA and/or MBA preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent Presentation skills.
- Ability to sell difficult concepts and issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to build and manage relationships.
- Good analytical skills, ability to conduct solid analysis to support recommendations.