Amac Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent coworkers, dysfunctional administrative and management departments.
Direct Care Counselor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 24, 2016
Began working there in 2014 after a great two week stint at sleep-away camp, my first interaction with the population. Received a recommendation from the camp director lauding my work ethic and ability to learn quickly which in then landed me a permanent position with the organization. Unfortunately that's where things took a sharp left, I was never formally introduced to anyone in the area I was to be working in just basically came in one day and took a seat like I was back in school. No orientation, brief explanation of compensation and benefits which constantly changed during my employment there, and we didn't have a department head, which contributed to loads of infighting and even an abuse case, until my final months there.
Pros
Great mission or aim as an organization, experienced employees who are eager and willing to help most times
Cons
Wholly disorganized, extreme disconnect between management, administration, and staff
Like the location
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 10, 2016
Monotonous day, I did not learned anything new, management doe snot appreciate all that effort the employee put into work. Coworkers are amazing people. The hardest part of the job is to have to wait for the things you need for example a computer, printer or a simple binder.The most enjoyable is to share the lunch time with coworkers.
Pros
People are nice
Cons
Health insurance
Good management
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 20, 2016
Great place to work and happy atmosphere. Everyone willing to help each other. Pay was a little low so had to move on to better paying job.
Productive and fun workplace
Personal Care Aide (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 11, 2016
All staff members work together. Each staff bring new and better ideas to the organization for the patients to be more comfotable. Staff members and patients treat each other like family.
Pros
Good benefits and good breaks
Cons
Work schedule at times
productive
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHMarch 22, 2015
I learn to drive a Tow Motor. It was not that hard to drive. they keep the their accident reports lock up. I got hurt on the job twice.
Pros
have my own restroom
Cons
no breaks, health care
Productive and very important to poeples aspect of lives.
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Clovis, NMNovember 19, 2014
Answering phone calls of patients, clients, doctors, and etc., is the most fun part. You never know what type of calls you get but must keep the information private especially when you get calls from famous people. All the co-workers are very well trained and awesome team work. When people make threats hurting themselves is the hard ones to deal with but staying calm is the key especially when the supervisors are always there to help.
holidays off
Teacher Aide (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYNovember 18, 2014
A regular day at work requires helping students complete worksheets and assigned activities. I work with great coworkers who makes me feel satisfied with my work done. The hardest part of the job is the behaviors with these kids. They get violent and angry. The most enjoyable part of the ob is the days off we get, like on major holidays etc.
Pros
a good amount of days off. payed days off
Cons
short breaks. health benefits not great.
productive and fun work environment.played knock hockey with the owner
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Bohemia, NYFebruary 10, 2014
A typical day at work was great i always had something to do. They gave us 2 15 min breaks and an hour lunch which i never took all of it because it was unnecessary. I really did love working there the management was wonderful my co workers were very friendly and inviting. If they had not have relocated my position i would still be working there.
Pros
an hour for lunch
Cons
healthcare was very expensive they only offered medical and barely paid any of it
Asd/pdd
Assistant Teacher of Secondary Education (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 10, 2013
ndividualized Education Plans/Programs (IEPs)
Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)
Lesson Plans & Discrete Trials
Reading Comprehension, Grammar, Vocabulary and Writing Socialization & Generalization including Vocalization & Verbalization
A misleading Co. with poor management-very unprofessional
General Medical Associate Operator (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYJanuary 17, 2013
The Company suffers from poor management . It also offers nothing but a meager check with little to no benefits. The Company survives on misleading new candidates on pay, benefits, raises and promotions. It is truly a horrible place to work at. Most employees do not give notice when thay quit as they simply stop coming in. Hell on earth!
Pros
there are none!
Cons
everything!
Example: Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
Call Center Operator (Current Employee) –  LIC, NEW YORKOctober 2, 2012
Every day is very busy and a good learning experience answering a high call volume of inbound calls to: schedule, cancel patients appointments, take and send referral request for approval to doctors. Take prescription messages, and request from pharmacist and patients. Send messages to staff, patch calls, assist and provide information to callers.

I'm trained on the IDX system and Eagle system, which uses the hospital's mainframe database to assigns patients a lifetime number and a medical record number. Eagle/IDX system is for insurances, registration, appointments and demographical information and updates.

The hardest part of the job is calming irate callers and having to deny an appointment or to register a patient.

The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to provide an service to all while showing compassion, remaining courteous professional at all times.
Pros
great information, training and learning experience.
Cons
need a better salary and a longer lunch.
Mid-sized Medial Billing Company
A/R Specialist (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GeorgiaSeptember 27, 2012
Medical Billing, Coding and Consulting. High pressured environment. Very little room for advancement.
Not worth the little paycheck
ERC operator (Former Employee) –  Clovis, new MexicoAugust 17, 2012
DYSFUNCTIONAL work environment to say the the least. They lack proper management and expect perfection when working with only a few days of training. People quit the job left and right because it is not worth even the minimum wage you do get.
Bad place to work ! (minimum wage)
Call center opertator (Current Employee) –  astoria, nyJuly 2, 2012
They make fake promises they do not give raises !!. Very dysfunctional work place. Lack of communication between management and employees.They also over load their employees with extra tasks , bad place to work for PERIOD ! Wouldn't recommend this job not even to my worst enemy
Cons
no raises, no breaks
Dysfunctional Work Environment
Administrative Assistant/Credentialing (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJune 17, 2012
The administrative assistant position in consulting was very stressful and could have led to a nervous breakdown if I hadn't left. Now I understand why 8 people came and went in that position within one year's time either on their own or fired.
Cons
very stressful dysfunctional environment to work in
Challenginf but rewarding
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 4, 2012
Working with children in the autism spectrum is difficult , but it was rewarding at the end of the day.