Amarr Garage Doors Employee Reviews

Good management
In Styles (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSSeptember 24, 2015
I worked in the FIP line. We are a small assembly line and my part has to be the fastest. in my part of the line we put the end styles on the garage doors, flip the doors over then place screw in the one of the holes marked "12". After that you flip it back over and check it for dents and scratches. Finally you label it and check to see if it has the letters "BTM" on it and if it does the you pull a rubber strip through what's known as a "bottom rail".
Pros
Good managment, good money, and room to advance
Cons
Hard to fit in my sechule and couldn't change shifts
Neat organized and well maintained facility
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Mocksville, NCSeptember 17, 2015
Overall good place to work.
Good management and decent salary.
Company promotes diversity
Follows safety rules very strictly.
Home town feel.
High end customer service
Process Control and Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSAugust 26, 2015
Amarr is an amazing company to work for. I worked mainly directly with customers and contractors to ensure customer satisfaction. I got the opportunity to build relationships with contractors around the United States. Ultimately, my favorite part of the job was the ability to make everyone happy in the end, the customer, contractor and retailer.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Part of the housing market, so layoff's are possible.
fun place to work
Order Picker, Fabricator, Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  attleboro maAugust 4, 2015
liked working here, crew was fun, out going and always was busy, pay was decent, always made new friends and had the oppurnuity to meet new customers
Pros
liked working here
Cons
short breaks
n/a
WAREHOUSE WORKER-EPS DEPARTMENT (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSJuly 30, 2015
Was only there for 3 months. Not a fan of warehouse work, but if you feel the need to get a workout in for 8+ hours, this is the place for you.
Great environment and fun place to work
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCJuly 1, 2015
Amarr Garage Doors was a great employer until it was bought out by Entrematic. I enjoyed my job and the people that I worked with. The company now has different objectives and goals than it used too.
Good Staff
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 15, 2015
Work Flow stays pretty constant if you want overtime its there.

I learned that manufacturing jobs are good to work at especially when the other employees and supervisors are easy to get along with

Management is alright for the most part.

Most coworkers were willing to help when you asked and they were laid back and easy to get along with

Hardest part was the mandatory overtime after 10+days it kind of gets to you but the money is worth it

Most enjoyable part would be knowing the job is secure as long as you show up and just do your job the best you can
Pros
paid holidays off
Cons
a lot of turn arounds
Typical order entry job.
Customer Service Warranty Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSFebruary 12, 2015
Typical order entry job. Answer calls from Lowes to set up work orders for garage door customers. Decently paced. It was alright. No huge complaints.
Fast paced manufacturing
Fullview Assembler (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSFebruary 10, 2015
a typical day i would be at my station in fullview on the drill making sure i had enough work prepared for my crew of 5 people and we would create fullview glass doors, the hardest part of my day would be finding 100% quaility product and the enjoyable parts of the day was the coworkers.
benefits
Cons
tons of overtime and weekends
the equipment is worn out and always breaking down.
Maintenance Tech II (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSJanuary 26, 2015
There is very little training provided and management has way too high of expectations from the maintenance crew and equipment to keep down time to a minimum. The production people are constantly
quitting or being replaced with people that don't know how to run the equipment so productivity is low. Human resources has a hire and fire policy so that very few experienced people work there and it ruins morale. The people in the maintenance department that have a secure job there would probably not have the experience or skill to work anywhere else so there is a very "insider and outsider" feeling to the department. Basically everybody in maintenance has to answer to every high school drop out and ex-con that Human Resources hires on the floor because "they are our customer" and that makes for a very long day.
Service tech
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSJanuary 6, 2015
It was a good place to work. But was to far for me to drive everyday
Its a job
Logistics/Install Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSNovember 13, 2014
Feels like working for a company no one knows about. Seems like it was going nowhere in the future.
not fun dealing with management
Truck Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Attleboro, MANovember 6, 2014
not a bad place to work @. but tough to work in warehouse when certain managers are complete utter JERKS.
Pros
driving
Cons
treatment of employees
Toggle Lock Operator (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSNovember 3, 2014
I worked with some of the greatest people at this company. I learned a lot almost every day working there.
Great company
Graduate Consultant (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCOctober 15, 2014
Great place to work. I highly recommend to anyone to seek out this place
Steady paced, labor intensive, warehouse work
EPS dept., EPS2, Track dept. (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSSeptember 26, 2014
EPS dept., EPS2, Track dept.
 Working safely in a physically demanding warehouse job.
 Contributing to the making, packaging, and shipping of garage doors and parts.
 We had to meet deadlines and were required to work mandatory overtime.
 I met my deadlines and showed up to work on time.
Dependable job
Hardware Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mocksville, NCAugust 11, 2014
Print lables for that days orders, if none for that day proceed to the next day
Make sure that you have plenty of supplies such as boxes, rope, tape
Identify how many orders you have and prioritize by truck numbers
Close out finished orders
Pros
free lunches, cool co-workers
Cons
favoritism, bias management
We had a big Birthday Cake every month
General Accounting, Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 24, 2014
The management was on a first name basis with everyone. I learned how to create journal entries in a real world environment.
Pros
i liked everyone i worked with
Cons
longer hours on fridays than expected
Fast paced and highly productive job
Material Handler/Shipping/Receiving/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSFebruary 10, 2014
Can be stressful at times. Coworkers turn into family over time. They will always bend over backwards for you. I learned almost all positions in production, shipping, receiving and warehouse. Hardest part of the job is the long days, but for the most part goes by quickly.
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Mocksville, NCJanuary 8, 2014
Typically everyday different orders come in and each day we try to complete as many as possible. Generally our daily quota is 200-240.
Very team oriented with 2 or more people working in this certain department. Most difficult part of the job is doing double work as well as the work for that day due to the lack of certains parts that was either lost in the system or has not arrived on the truck yet. Most enjoyable part of the day is completing orders and finishing strong exceeding the daily quota.
Pros
team rewards
Cons
management