Amarr Garage Doors Employee Reviews in United States

Job Sucks
Laborer/Helper (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSJune 4, 2016
If you work at this job you will have no family life you will work your life away. I recommend no one ever work here. All of the upper management will treat you like children they will tell you only what you want to hear. If you try to move up a position they will try to hold you back
Pros
they will hire anyone off the streets even felons
Cons
you will work your whole entire life away
Overworked
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSMay 25, 2016
It's hard to know where to start, there are so many issues from top to bottom within the company. There are too many managers and supervisors and most of them are unqualified. There is way too much overtime, the production employees are often forced to work 10 hour days, 7 days a week. Office employees routinely work 10 - 12 hour days. The work load they expect employees to complete is too high and burnout is inevitable. Turnover is pretty high and I don't think I can work for Amarr much longer. I would not recommend anyone apply for job here.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Overtime
heavy lifting and working environment
Loader/Stacker (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSApril 26, 2016
Amarr is a hard heavy lifting working environment we got to work out while we worked which is a plus because I am a physical worker I love to work out I really liked the people the people make the job in my opinion.
Pros
people and getting to work out while i work
Cons
working 7 days a week
Good job
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSMarch 14, 2016
Easy job, as long as you worked hard and didn't mind long hours. If you did your job and like to learn more then your job you could advance. I made department lead in 5 months.
Pros
Holiday lunches
Cons
Long hours, Long weeks(6-7 days)
Company values productivity far more than employees
Bottom Seal (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSFebruary 23, 2016
Working for Amarr, under ideal circumstances, is fine. If anything goes wrong, however, and it often does, the management's immediate response is mandatory overtime. We weren't informed about extra hours we would be required to work until the end of the previous shift, making it impossible to plan around, and overtime was so common that I assumed my shifts would be 10 hours even when things were running smoothly. Things frequently go wrong at Amarr, though, and management's immediate response is 12 hours shifts and working the weekends. I ended up leaving the job after having been forced to work 76+ hour weeks back to back for two months without a single day off. This is completely unmanageable, and takes a toll on the body and mind even if the work isn't normally taxing. I would advise anyone with any alternatives to stay far away from Amarr.
Pros
Decent starting pay (12.00/hr plus shift differential), lots of overtime pay.
Cons
Unhealthy amount of hours required, short breaks, very little additional break time during overtime shifts.
Health and fun work place.
Warehouse Driver (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIJanuary 4, 2016
Right to work to be ahead of the game, I learned a lot about garage doors than I have ever thought. My co-workers are great team players, the hardest part of the job is when we are short handed. But the most enjoyable part of the job are weekends off, paid vacation and perks when we meet are quota.
Pros
healthcare, 401K
Cons
short breaks, have too work through lunch
Good management
In Styles (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSSeptember 24, 2015
I worked in the FIP line. We are a small assembly line and my part has to be the fastest. in my part of the line we put the end styles on the garage doors, flip the doors over then place screw in the one of the holes marked "12". After that you flip it back over and check it for dents and scratches. Finally you label it and check to see if it has the letters "BTM" on it and if it does the you pull a rubber strip through what's known as a "bottom rail".
Pros
Good managment, good money, and room to advance
Cons
Hard to fit in my sechule and couldn't change shifts
Neat organized and well maintained facility
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Mocksville, NCSeptember 17, 2015
Overall good place to work.
Good management and decent salary.
Company promotes diversity
Follows safety rules very strictly.
Home town feel.
High end customer service
Process Control and Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSAugust 26, 2015
Amarr is an amazing company to work for. I worked mainly directly with customers and contractors to ensure customer satisfaction. I got the opportunity to build relationships with contractors around the United States. Ultimately, my favorite part of the job was the ability to make everyone happy in the end, the customer, contractor and retailer.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Part of the housing market, so layoff's are possible.
fun place to work
Order Picker, Fabricator, Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  attleboro maAugust 4, 2015
liked working here, crew was fun, out going and always was busy, pay was decent, always made new friends and had the oppurnuity to meet new customers
Pros
liked working here
Cons
short breaks
n/a
WAREHOUSE WORKER-EPS DEPARTMENT (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSJuly 30, 2015
Was only there for 3 months. Not a fan of warehouse work, but if you feel the need to get a workout in for 8+ hours, this is the place for you.
Great environment and fun place to work
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCJuly 1, 2015
Amarr Garage Doors was a great employer until it was bought out by Entrematic. I enjoyed my job and the people that I worked with. The company now has different objectives and goals than it used too.
Good Staff
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 15, 2015
Work Flow stays pretty constant if you want overtime its there.

I learned that manufacturing jobs are good to work at especially when the other employees and supervisors are easy to get along with

Management is alright for the most part.

Most coworkers were willing to help when you asked and they were laid back and easy to get along with

Hardest part was the mandatory overtime after 10+days it kind of gets to you but the money is worth it

Most enjoyable part would be knowing the job is secure as long as you show up and just do your job the best you can
Pros
paid holidays off
Cons
a lot of turn arounds
Typical order entry job.
Customer Service Warranty Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSFebruary 12, 2015
Typical order entry job. Answer calls from Lowes to set up work orders for garage door customers. Decently paced. It was alright. No huge complaints.
Fast paced manufacturing
Fullview Assembler (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSFebruary 10, 2015
a typical day i would be at my station in fullview on the drill making sure i had enough work prepared for my crew of 5 people and we would create fullview glass doors, the hardest part of my day would be finding 100% quaility product and the enjoyable parts of the day was the coworkers.
benefits
Cons
tons of overtime and weekends
the equipment is worn out and always breaking down.
Maintenance Tech II (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSJanuary 26, 2015
There is very little training provided and management has way too high of expectations from the maintenance crew and equipment to keep down time to a minimum. The production people are constantly
quitting or being replaced with people that don't know how to run the equipment so productivity is low. Human resources has a hire and fire policy so that very few experienced people work there and it ruins morale. The people in the maintenance department that have a secure job there would probably not have the experience or skill to work anywhere else so there is a very "insider and outsider" feeling to the department. Basically everybody in maintenance has to answer to every high school drop out and ex-con that Human Resources hires on the floor because "they are our customer" and that makes for a very long day.
Service tech
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSJanuary 6, 2015
It was a good place to work. But was to far for me to drive everyday
Its a job
Logistics/Install Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSNovember 13, 2014
Feels like working for a company no one knows about. Seems like it was going nowhere in the future.
not fun dealing with management
Truck Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Attleboro, MANovember 6, 2014
not a bad place to work @. but tough to work in warehouse when certain managers are complete utter JERKS.
Pros
driving
Cons
treatment of employees
Toggle Lock Operator (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSNovember 3, 2014
I worked with some of the greatest people at this company. I learned a lot almost every day working there.

2.9