Amazon Warehouse

Amazon Warehouse Employer Reviews

not a good place
rebinner (Current Employee), Robbinsville, NJJanuary 16, 2015
they send people home alot they have long hours and you have a work weekend and they never have much work
Amazon
Receiver (Former Employee), Robbinsville, NJJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: pay every week, overtime and work hours
Cons: temp agency, not on the line enough.
It starts with warm-up stretches and finding your station and starting your work. The coworkers was interesting and made new friends there. The pay days was the most enjoyable part and the hours. The three days off and the overtime pay. The hardest part was keeping the numbers up.
Productive and hard working environment workplace
Picking Associate (Former Employee), Middletown, DEDecember 14, 2014
Cons: short breaks/ lunches, health care
Great company and face paced environment, great place to have a career. An typical day is being on your feet for 12 hours a day handling customers orders either picking the items from the bins and sending them on the belt up to be package. You learn what the company has to offer and the different products that is being sold. Most enjoyable would be receiving the paycheck at the end of the week. Seeing that all the hard work that your doing is paying off.
not enough pay
Order Filler (Current Employee), Ruskin, FLDecember 12, 2014
not enough pay for work and the decade we are living in. Made more money an hour in 1996
Amazon was a good warehouse
Labor Finders (Former Employee), Moreno Valley, CADecember 10, 2014
Pros: $500-700 weekly
Cons: temporary job seeking permanent
We got alot of overtime i like to work,management was good,i learned how to build shelve to hold merchandise,and build a warehouse from bottom to top 3 stories stairs and floors.The most enjoyable part of my job was learning something new.
Productive enviroment
ICQA/Picker (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 7, 2014
Working at Amazon was great, you move around so much like you are working out. I really liked it, I wouldn't mind going back if asked.
Extremely physical labor
packer (Current Employee), Schertz, TXDecember 6, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: physically demanding, short breaks, long hours
I'm currently a seasonal employee and let me tell you, the work is not what I expected. I work in AFE (packing multiples) and the supervisors are super strict about time, talking to co-workers and you having any kind of say. You walk miles a day. Breaks are 15 minutes, one in the am and one in the pm. To get to the breakroom you walk about 1/4 mile each way. After walking you really only have about 7-8 minutes for break and do not be late by even a second or you will get written up. Lunches are 30 but again you have to take into account the distance to and from the breakroom, so you really only have about 20ish minutes. I feel like a number, like management doesn't care. They will not work with you with your schedule and they do not make exceptions (per HR). The work is monotonous and the days are long. We started on 4/ 10 hour shifts and are now on 5/ 11 hour shifts. There is a lot of lifting (up to and sometimes more than 50 lbs), and tons of standing. I've developed plantar fasciitis due to the amount of standing. There is no sitting allowed unless on break or lunch. You are expected to pack a minimum of 85 boxes per hour but the goal is 100 (you will be written up if you do not meet this goal). The warehouse is hot and very loud. I'm told this is a typical warehouse experience however I have never had a job in a warehouse so I can't say. Some people may like and thrive in physically demanding jobs, I do not. I miss working in an office.
Serious and productivity driven workplace
Stow Department Associate (Overnight) (Former Employee), Middletown, DENovember 19, 2014
Amazon warehouse is quite the typical warehouse job focusing on productivity in the warehouse to provide a better experience for the customer. The particular job I performed was quite solitary working alone most the whole time and only interacting with other employees in passing by. The most difficult part but basically the only thing that really matters if keeping up your rate of 'production', production being whatever it is your job entails, with management always strictly watching this. The upside of this is that if you are a hard worker like myself doing such a thing is not a problem what so ever. Working here taught me to bust my buns for the greater good of a company, and that if you do so there will be good things to come.
ok job long hours
Packer (Former Employee), West Columbia, SCNovember 11, 2014
Pros: long hours
Cons: ok pay, good benefits
Benefits were good. Long work hours standing 10hrs for the shift. The job was fun not very harsh. Management was pretty decent.
Good Job
Stocker (Former Employee), Chester, VANovember 4, 2014
Good Job to work for if you like long hours and like working hard
Tiring and extremely boring.
Packer (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCNovember 1, 2014
Pros: lunch, free drinks
Cons: short breaks, repetitive work, boring atmosphere.
A typical day at work would include me unloading items and packaging them. I learned that people aren't as they seem to be.
The management was superb. The co-workers we're really friendly. The hardest part of the job was keeping myself from being bored. The most enjoyable part of the job was lunch.
Great Place
Packer (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAOctober 27, 2014
It's a wonderful enviroment you dont have to wait to see anyone come help you, its as if youre your own manager & it's a great feeling to work there
Long Work Days
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Hebron, KYOctober 7, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: short breaks
It was very slow process to get trained on other job duties throughout the warehouse. Sorting was the least exciting job duty in the warehouse.
very good and really good to work at
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CASeptember 29, 2014
co-workers very nice and kind.
management talked to individuals if needed.
Productive work place with an amazing break room.
Line Leader (Former Employee), Breinigsville, PASeptember 25, 2014
Pros: free lunches if worked holidays
Cons: no room for advancement if managers were not your friend outside of work.
Overall i enjoyed working for amazon but felt they did a terrible job promoting within. They tended to go with people with degrees that had no warehouse experience rather then go with people that knew the job and had worked long and hard to be able to advance. And had a terrible sense of the politics that went on in different departments promoting friends and so on. But i will say it was a very safe place to work at. They preached safety to the fullest extent and made sure workers drank enough and stretched plenty.
ROUGH
Stower, Picker, PIT, Bin Organizer, Tote Wrangler (Current Employee), Spartanburg, SCSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: benefits and weight loss are the only pros
Cons: short breaks and miles and miles of walking per day!
I have now worked at Amazon for a little over a month and have learned to do five jobs! They are wanting me to be able to do everything when PEAK rolls around. I am looking anywhere and everywhere for a job, because it is just way too tough on me physically. I have lost 50 pounds in the month (about 10 a week)!

When I work I give my all every time and for some reason I can't slow down even when I try! I beat pick and stow rate everyday (70 items per hour) and by doing so I walk over a dozen miles a day and f course constant lifting!

The breaks are suck; two 15's (which are really about 7, because they count the time you take to walk to the break room and expect you to be back before break ends) and a 30 minute lunch.

If you have bad sinuses you really shouldn't work there, because the dust is awful! There are a million managers who tell you to go to this person or that person, and you have no idea who they are talking about.

A typical day is grabbing a scanner and getting a cart then scanning an item to find room on a shelf then just continually doing it over and over again. Unless you're picking then you'll get a list of things to pick with the locations so you go around the warehouse scan the bin then the item and put all the items in a cart.

If you haven't been able to tell there is not really anything enjoyable about the job to me!
Terrible
Warehouse picker (Former Employee), SwanseaSeptember 21, 2014
Cons: no work ethics. slave labour.
Disgraceful place. Hated it. It's like being in a prison. They set you up to fail. The system doesn't enable you to work effectively nor efficiently. 3 strike system is inhuman and should be abolished. Put me off amazon full stop. Left there and told them where they could stick their trolley!
fun working place ,hard working job ,love bien at my job
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Newark, CaSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: pay is great, is the perfect job for me &is very easy for me too keep up, i have and feel more independent.
Cons: short breaks, too long of a day to day commute. (in a different city then where i reside)
-During The Day I Receive & Stack Packages
-Learned How To Be More social & Work Well
With Others
-Management is very helpful
-co-workers are very helpful & Nice
- Nothing about this job specifically is hard , but the only thing I could say I have troubles with is the everyday commute back and fourth.
-Feeling independent, feels good to have something I need to be responsible for, My social skills are improving.
I Love working
Stow (Former Employee), Whitestown, INSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: a stress free work enviroment.
Cons: they were seasonal.
At Calusa i learned how to clean classrooms.

At Amazon i learned how to stow items. I scanned items from totes and put them in bins and scanned the bin.
Maintaining accurate stock records and schedules
Loaded flat bed by forklift and hand truck (Former Employee), Chambersburg, PAAugust 26, 2014
Pros: good work hours
Responsible for maintaining accurate stock records and schedules. Selected products for specific routes according to pick sheets. Unloaded, picked, staged and loaded products for shipping. Rotated stock by code and receiving date. Followed proper selection procedures as established by the company. Installed protective bracing, padding and strapping to prevent shifting and damage to items during transport. Worked at a rapid pace to meet tight deadlines. Removed pallets, freezer boxes and damaged products from returning trailers. Operated powered lift trucks, floor sweepers, pallet jacks and forklifts safely, with a 0% incident rate. Used propane forklift to load trailer at warehouse. Assembled product containers and crates. Loaded flat bed by forklift and hand truck. Cleared damaged items and loaded freight.

1 2 3 4 5